Crowell not snubbed!?!?!

smokeyjoe53":2rcw2d7z said:
Wonder Dog":2rcw2d7z said:
Since this is the most hottest topic....
I just wanted to ask you guys.....

Curious of where I can find a good lake that has walleye and has enough water to float a boat.
Michigan............

I hear tell that Michigan got another foot of snow this week.

I know it's fun to bash a coach and constantly question his every move. However, if a coach decides no one on his team deserves an individual award, until they improve their "team" play; that's his call. Heaven forbid a coach try and mold the team concept back into high school athletics.

To me it seems this particular parent needs to go get their teaching degree, get a job as a coach, and do things their way. Oh wait, that might be too logical for someone to do that. Its just easier to bash the man in charge now sitting behind the mask of the username. Coward comes to my mind. IF that person did the above mentioned, they might find out its a bit harder than they think!

I am very neutral in this fight but would like to say a few things.

1. This is about basketball all-district...What happened in football has no relevance.

2. It should take place in a face to face meeting.

3. If Crowell ended up with no players on the all-district team then obviously someone deserves and explanation for what happened.

Just give everybody a participant ribbon......... Happy, happy, happy. Noone gets their feelings hurt or their self-esteem damaged............

Sounds to me like somebody better get things under control. To me that means the school administration and school board need to step up to the plate and do their job to keep education a priority and keep athletics in it's proper place.

Edward Golden":qpj4zi5q said:
I am very neutral in this fight but would like to say a few things.

1. This is about basketball all-district...What happened in football has no relevance.

2. It should take place in a face to face meeting.

3. If Crowell ended up with no players on the all-district team then obviously someone deserves and explanation for what happened.
I completely agree.

Smokeys right, give everbody a blue ribbon. As ol hillary says "at this point what difference does it make...". Look, 100 years from now aint nobody gonna give a cra&

Blue Bird":2hl3iy28 said:
A person could argue that Crowell had the second best basketball team in Class A Division II.
If WV would've played Crowell again WV would've beat them at least 25. I watched that game and WV played bad. Their post couldn't make a layup.

Gunslinger":2xxhnqvj said:
Blue Bird":2xxhnqvj said:
A person could argue that Crowell had the second best basketball team in Class A Division II.
If WV would've played Crowell again WV would've beat them at least 25. I watched that game and WV played bad. Their post couldn't make a layup.
They could not have beat Graford. Throck or Eula should have beat them.

oilstinker":5qb8wv8e said:
Gunslinger":5qb8wv8e said:
Blue Bird":5qb8wv8e said:

A person can always argue, but tough to see this proven either way. Come east and let them play Calvert, Laneville or Oakwood and then make that statement. I know a west team won it all, but those three teams in the east are pretty freaking salty and might have something to say about a #2 ranking.

Caprock kid":1u30nzy4 said:
Either way WV or Crowell would of been state champs. Might of well played state at the regionals.
Crowell had a good basketball team but they were not the second best team in the state.

The Crowell and WV game was the closest game WV had in the playoffs. It was a 13 point game and had the Crowell players been able to maintain their composure, it would have been much closer at the end of the game. There are a lot of if,ands, and buts when you try to rank teams on point difference alone. That was the two best teams in region II despite what Oilstinker said about Graford.

Well from that statement there, that the kids couldn't keep their composure in an important game and the article about the Crowell kids being arrested maybe there is more to this story then is being told. If a kid is a turd then he doesn't deserve such honors, regardless of how good he might be. Not saying this is the case, but we dont know the whole story so people shouldn't ASSume!

Back