Crowell not snubbed!?!?!

Since this is the most hottest topic....
I just wanted to ask you guys.....

Curious of where I can find a good lake that has walleye and has enough water to float a boat.

I am not a Crowell person but I would like to say a few things:

#1: Coach Nathan Hayes is a great guy, a good coach, and I am confident that he acted in good faith while allocating post-season awards.

#2: Post-season honors are STUPID! Who cares? Crowell EASILY won the first DI State Championship at Jerry World; what more could a parent, fan, or administrator want out of a coach in his second year with a team? Again, your accusation towards Coach Hayes involves political dealings amongst coaches. Well I hate to tell you cwc but it happens like that most of the time. Honestly, I got snubbed over honors my senior year because my coach nominated me for the wrong position on defense. Don't believe me? Ask Coach Hayes when you go talk to him if I deserved to be an All-District Defensive Player! ;) While I do not know the names of the players being argued about, I will tell you Crowell possessed several studs, at least during the one game I saw in Arlington, and three or four of them, in my opinion, could make a case to be an MVP some type. That's the problem with balanced team; someone gets their feelings hurt when its time to pass out post-season honors. Basically cwc, I want you to either get over it, talk to Coach Hayes about it, or shut up about it on this site.

#3: Going back to #1, I hope Crowell realize how good of a Coach they have. Besides taking Jayton to the first DII State Game, which anyone who attended that game knows Jayton should have won, he also did some amazing things at Lohn and Blackwell with little or no talent. Not to give away any of Hayes' secrets, but I saw him single-handily keep his far inferior team in contention for a half against a much more talented team. As a person who enjoys studying the game, I learned more from Coach Hayes than anyone else except for maybe Jerry Burkhart and Harley Ethridge at Richland Springs. Coach Hayes understands the game and should be treated with more respect than this.

I played for and against Coach Hayes and I really enjoyed watching him win a state title this last year. Feel free to private message me if you want to debate any part of my pro-Hayes comments.

Sincerely,

Charles Bowen
Lohn High School Graduate

I'm staying NEUTRAL on this topic, but I've noticed there has been a lot of negativity towards Crowell. the Abilene Newspaper pretty much vilified them vs. Water Valley.
Several Schools won't play Crowell in the upcoming season(s) due to the kids/coaches behavior on the field/court due to kids being ejected, several technical fouls and now there's another topic about 2 students being arrested.

Crowell is turning into a mini-DETROIT MICHIGAN.
Just that Crowell had the FAB-6 in football....

Is this about Basketball or Football?

It seems that some people are confusing the 2.

If Coach Hayes did do what you say that he did, I am sure that he had his reason.

If he didn't, then you are "the pot calling the kettle black."

Interesting that 2 Crowell bashing stories have arisen in the last few days...

If the awards are stupid, then that says a lot about the people in this town that are wanting coach's heads over this! A man that let's others take the blame doesn't sound like the man you described.

Wonder Dog":eqhpj41u said:
Since this is the most hottest topic....
I just wanted to ask you guys.....

Curious of where I can find a good lake that has walleye and has enough water to float a boat.
Michigan............

Smokin Joe......
I meant within the Borders of Texas.

You think i'm a filthy rich tycoon that can just jump on my private plane, fly to either Lake Superior, Lake Huron, Lake Ontario, Lake Erie, or Lake Michigan.
WHO DO YOU THINK I AM..

I'm more of a pontoon boat kinda guy with 6$ tackle and $.75 hooks.

The cooling lake at Comanche Peak used to have Walleye, until the 3rd year of operation when Unit 2 came online. That summer the lake temperature hit 100F and all the walleye died.

Wonder Dog":b5599b7s said:
Smokin Joe......
I meant within the Borders of Texas.

You think i'm a filthy rich tycoon that can just jump on my private plane, fly to either Lake Superior, Lake Huron, Lake Ontario, Lake Erie, or Lake Michigan.
WHO DO YOU THINK I AM..

I'm more of a pontoon boat kinda guy with 6$ tackle and $.75 hooks.
Beats me......... I figured if catfish wasn't good enough for ya, you must be a doctor, lawyer, stock broker or a politician with money to burn...............

This is (if I have read and understood all of the posts right) district level awards for basketball. Crowell got a ton of awards at every level including state in football. (and deservedly so) A person could argue that Crowell had the second best basketball team in Class A Division II. They certainly won their district going away. Did that districts 2nd and 3rd place teams win any playoff games?

Back