Congratulations RS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is any of this actually confirmed? April 1 has long since come and gone...

There have been so many rumors spread on these boards that turned out to be nothing more than just that, rumors. Also, if this all turns out to be untrue, it could certainly have a negative affect on the coaches being discussed, which could be the point of the rumors...and I'm not a fan of that kind of stuff being spread on these forums.

I wish I knew more about how the contract rules worked, do we have to let him out? I’m gonna ask some questions this morning and see what to make of all that. I thought the 30 or 45 day rule was in place for that reason.
When did Rigdon and Ethridge sign their contracts at Benjamin? Thats roughly 6 weeks. Maybe Ethridge signed later? Either way, good luck to both teams! Even though Richland Springs will walk to the finals. Their only challenge wouldve been Loraine in the East. I dont know anymore

There have been so many rumors spread on these boards that turned out to be nothing more than just that, rumors. Also, if this all turns out to be untrue, it could certainly have a negative affect on the coaches being discussed, which could be the point of the rumors...and I'm not a fan of that kind of stuff being spread on these forums.
What if they're not rumors? Very true and great points Mike! April 1st is long and gone like you said. I "heard" from a friend that this is happening. Still rumors, but so was the Hayes to Richland Springs "rumor" that turned out to be true. As did the San Saba stud.

As much as I'm a fan of Jerry Burkhart, his success, and how he runs his program. The addition of Ethridge and his state winning senior son(300 hurdles) rubs me the wrong way. Seems like it's an every year thing nowadays and how is that not defined as recruiting or building a superteam from athletes that will be there for a year. I've heard Hayes is already leaving after this season... why would he say that?

Oh it not rumor, he resigned.
Could/should this be reported to the UIL? Or they'll most likely do nothing? I'm assuming everyone in Richland Springs is extremely excited for this next season. But... are they doing it in a "fair" way??? All I know right now is all the Richland Springs fan on this website are silent about this "new addition" and it took awhile for Hayes to be officially hired. Again, how does Richland Springs have the money to afford all of these coaches? Plus teachers, TAs, etc...

Apparently, it's not a rumor Mike. What other rumors have been spread? Curious to know

Apparently, it's not a rumor Mike. What other rumors have been spread? Curious to know

At risk of detailing this thread further, I'll just say that I'm not necessarily talking about rumors that were spread this off-season. I'm just meaning, throughout my years frequenting these forums, well before I acquired the site, it's been an ongoing rumor mill with many of the rumors turning into nothing.

That said, let's try to get this thread back on topic. Richland Springs is certainly getting a good coach in Hayes. I've seen videos of his workouts and practices, from his days at Crowell, and it's clear to me, just based on what I saw in those few videos, that he's one of the good ones when it comes to player development and preparation.

At risk of detailing this thread further, I'll just say that I'm not necessarily talking about rumors that were spread this off-season. I'm just meaning, throughout my years frequenting these forums, well before I acquired the site, it's been an ongoing rumor mill with many of the rumors turning into nothing.

That said, let's try to get this thread back on topic. Richland Springs is certainly getting a good coach in Hayes. I've seen videos of his workouts and practices, from his days at Crowell, and it's clear to me, just based on what I saw in those few videos, that he's one of the good ones when it comes to player development and preparation.
Hayes was the top available AD/HC available this season so for RS to be able to get him as a assistant was a incredible feat

Hmmm ok...
Well in today's current events, we found out that the rumor of Ethridge to Richland Springs is real. We also found out that Hayes will be at Richland Springs, I believe a week and a half ago? And we've heard of the other rumor, (the San Saba stud) transferred to Richland Springs earlier this year.
Yet... they all came true! Literally.
And Mike, you see nothing wrong with a D2 6man school with the enrollment of less than 54 students in their entire HS dd's going anything wrong with the the integrity of 6man football? This game was/is meant for communities to support their towns/kids. Not recruit 2 coaches with stud athletes for a year... This is the most desperate attempt from Richland Springs up to date! Also hearing they're getting a kid from Brady, that went to Rochelle!!!
So Mike, would you like to answer any of those questions/rumors/facts or just carry on and say "Richland Springs got two really great coaches with stud athletes and Hayes did great at Crowell!!"
You dont smell anything fishy going on? And I'm a JB fan!!!

I’d say you're probably the biggest fan to date! Where have you been hiding the last month or two.?.? Good to have you back. You always did bring that good insight. How is mike now obligated to answer such questions.?.?.? Because he runs the site? That’s silly.
I only see one factual thing said. Hayes was hired by RS. Who wouldn’t want this man involved in their program.?..?

I’m not privy to this information but why does Brady get brought up every time Rochelle gets brought up.?.? Does Rochelle take in alot of kids from Brady.?. Just seems odd.
Also why is the same not being said about the coach that was hired at Westbrook with the stud kid. Name escapes me. Nobody sees a problem there though huh. I mean they are coming off a state title with plenty coming back. If we’re gonna make these accusations at least pull your panties out of a wad and put the bone down and call it across the board. Am I wrong though?.

Hmmm ok...
Well in today's current events, we found out that the rumor of Ethridge to Richland Springs is real. We also found out that Hayes will be at Richland Springs, I believe a week and a half ago? And we've heard of the other rumor, (the San Saba stud) transferred to Richland Springs earlier this year.
Yet... they all came true! Literally.
And Mike, you see nothing wrong with a D2 6man school with the enrollment of less than 54 students in their entire HS dd's going anything wrong with the the integrity of 6man football? This game was/is meant for communities to support their towns/kids. Not recruit 2 coaches with stud athletes for a year... This is the most desperate attempt from Richland Springs up to date! Also hearing they're getting a kid from Brady, that went to Rochelle!!!
So Mike, would you like to answer any of those questions/rumors/facts or just carry on and say "Richland Springs got two really great coaches with stud athletes and Hayes did great at Crowell!!"
You dont smell anything fishy going on? And I'm a JB fan!!!

Mike, you are correct. This sight will sometimes get off topic and push rumors. That’s the reason Richland Springs fans “stay silent”. RS had a huge retirement group/ teacher turn over which opened all of the positions currently being filled. Richland only had 2 coaches last year which almost killed Burkhart and Rogers having to do it all. For a program with this much success, they deserve coaching assistance and were blessed to receive the help from some great coaches as well. Just curious who the Rochelle/Brady kid RS is supposed to be getting? News to me…
The San Saba “stud” moved for personal reasons so dragging him up and through this is not relevant especially since he is no longer in RS. So new members who hide under anonymous names don’t know all of the facts and push rumors saying they are fans of our school or coaches but still speak ill of RS, coaches, or program. RS will continue to work hard, play hard and wish all other schools good luck in this up coming season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back