Congratulations RS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm ok...
Well in today's current events, we found out that the rumor of Ethridge to Richland Springs is real. We also found out that Hayes will be at Richland Springs, I believe a week and a half ago? And we've heard of the other rumor, (the San Saba stud) transferred to Richland Springs earlier this year.
Yet... they all came true! Literally.
And Mike, you see nothing wrong with a D2 6man school with the enrollment of less than 54 students in their entire HS dd's going anything wrong with the the integrity of 6man football? This game was/is meant for communities to support their towns/kids. Not recruit 2 coaches with stud athletes for a year... This is the most desperate attempt from Richland Springs up to date! Also hearing they're getting a kid from Brady, that went to Rochelle!!!
So Mike, would you like to answer any of those questions/rumors/facts or just carry on and say "Richland Springs got two really great coaches with stud athletes and Hayes did great at Crowell!!"
You dont smell anything fishy going on? And I'm a JB fan!!!
Funny to me that it wasn’t considered “recruiting” or “fishy” when both Rigdon and Ethridge were going to Benjamin. When anything like that happens at other schools, nothing is wrong with it. When it happens at RS, the haters come out of the woodwork bashing RS and trying to make RS look bad.

People, including coaches, their families, and other outsiders want to go where winning programs are! That’s the bottom line.

And this “San Saba stud” that Rigdon (aka realfootball97 or whatever is current name is) keeps referring to has lived with his mother in SS and now lives with his dad. It happens all the time. The kid chose to move in with his dad. RS and staff had nothing to do with it. I’ve known the kid his entire life. It’s only a big deal when it happens in RS. People need to know the facts instead of believing what a few jealous people say on this forum.

What about when “ring chasers” hop from winning program to other winning programs every year? You don’t see anything “fishy” about that?

I will only tell you I’ve lived around Benjamin my entire life I am glad to have rigdon and his family here but I am not a Rigdon. Us hiring them was to fill two real coaching vacancies we did not create 2 extra positions to accommodate two all star kids parents. Have a nice evening.

Could/should this be reported to the UIL? Or they'll most likely do nothing? I'm assuming everyone in Richland Springs is extremely excited for this next season. But... are they doing it in a "fair" way??? All I know right now is all the Richland Springs fan on this website are silent about this "new addition" and it took awhile for Hayes to be officially hired. Again, how does Richland Springs have the money to afford all of these coaches? Plus teachers, TAs, etc...
Are you new here? If you aren’t, you should already know that Richland Springs fans are almost always silent. (Even when winning championships). Silence is more eloquent than words.

I will only tell you I’ve lived around Benjamin my entire life I am glad to have rigdon and his family here but I am not a Rigdon. Us hiring them was to fill two real coaching vacancies we did not create 2 extra positions to accommodate two all star kids parents. Have a nice evening.
Well, if that’s true, come talk to me in May 2023 and see if the words “I’m glad to have Rigdon and his family here” still stand. 🤣

Neither did Richland. Since you live across the state, you probably have no idea what actually goes on in RS. Sweet dreams! 🏈

Funny to me that it wasn’t considered “recruiting” or “fishy” when both Rigdon and Ethridge were going to Benjamin. When anything like that happens at other schools, nothing is wrong with it. When it happens at RS, the haters come out of the woodwork bashing RS and trying to make RS look bad.

People, including coaches, their families, and other outsiders want to go where winning programs are! That’s the bottom line.

And this “San Saba stud” that Rigdon (aka realfootball97 or whatever is current name is) keeps referring to has lived with his mother in SS and now lives with his dad. It happens all the time. The kid chose to move in with his dad. RS and staff had nothing to do with it. I’ve known the kid his entire life. It’s only a big deal when it happens in RS. People need to know the facts instead of believing what a few jealous people say on this forum.

What about when “ring chasers” hop from winning program to other winning programs every year? You don’t see anything “fishy” about that?
You're right! I hate it when schools actively recruit year after to year to "cheat". I didnt like it when Strawn did it with the Rigdons and the Gordon kid. Benjamin tried I guess but didnt work out. What I also dont like is how Richland Springs seems to be doing this year after year as well. And now Ethridge & Hayes? What exactly will they be doing next season while Rogers and JB run the show again? Watch their kids and get paid. Also, RS "fans" are not silent lol, are you sure you're not a newbie? It's all the same now anyway, rent-a-team philosophy.

Wasn’t Johnny South just on here hinting about the Etheridge move a few days before he officially resigned? He must of been a part of the salary and free house negotiating process that helped seal the steal. Richland fans have blown this site up running down Our coaching hires and the rigdon rumors and move so not sure about silent, more like they shut up when they pull off something sketchy.

Wasn’t Johnny South just on here hinting about the Etheridge move a few days before he officially resigned? He must of been a part of the salary and free house negotiating process that helped seal the steal. Richland fans have blown this site up running down Our coaching hires and the rigdon rumors and move so not sure about silent, more like they shut up when they pull off something sketchy.
To be fair, I think a lot of people just wanted you to shut up period. The on-going “we’ll see RS in December….yada, yada, yada…” gets old real quick, especially knowing the nature of the beast that is sixman football and coaching changes. I believe someone once brought up the fact that it is a long time until August when you were on one of your “we got so and so” spiels. Trust me, it’s going to be even longer until November comes around.

As far as free houses and salaries, many schools have started to offer this. I seen one sixman school on the TASA website offer $15,700 above state base just to get teachers period. Why wouldn’t you do the best financial thing for your family possible?

Back on topic, please.

If you're upset about anything that any school is doing, or especially you have proof of "cheating", I'd recommend that you give that info to the UIL and let them handle it. This forum, and this topic/thread more specifically, is hardly the place to throw those accusations around.

Wow, that is crazy!!! How does a D2 6man school have the $$$ to pay JB(9state championships) Ethridge(runner-up at Follett plus former assistant for JB, Hayes(2×champ, 2 runner ups), and Rogers (possibly top 3 OC's in the game with all the state championships experience??? Wheres the money coming from? They cant be cheap

Last edited:
Like Randy Moss said when the Vikings reacquired him in the mid 2000's, "pull your #13 Ethridge Jersies out!"

I was wondering what your thoughts were on this, Tyler! Will your brother wear #13? Hope to see you at some games!
I seriously want to move back to the area because of this.

Cohen wants to wear 13. Braxton is more independent. I love that about him. Not sure what he’ll rock.

If we don’t get back I’ll definitely make as many as I can. I’ll charter a jet if I have to.

It was a huge surprise when Cohen called me. I am excited for my family. I love that area. Obviously. And my heart has always been with RS despite all the differences. Its healthy for the soul to bury the hatchet.

I love Burkhart and Rogers. Can’t wait to see my siblings in the RS system! It will be cool to see how Cohen develops under it. He wants to win 4 in a row. 😎

I’m just ready to watch some football. Off-season changes are always fun to watch and speculate about, but once the season starts it can all change. All it takes is one key injury or bad attitudes to change what some might consider already a state champ. I bet Jayton and Balmorhea are just licking their chops to show how talented they are as well. Coaches will move and bring kids to a place they feel is best for them at that time. It’s been going on forever and won’t be changing anytime soon. Congrats to all coaches who landed where to feel they should be, and let’s get this new season going.

Just to clarify I only believe mr realfootball97 was making those claims about already champs and meeting people at state. I think the majority of everyone else knows it’s along road and you have to get some breaks here and there to make it. Like you said you never know what can happen.

Yes Mike, back on Topic would be nice. Several “New Members” with hurt feelings about RS filling our History teacher position with Coach Ethridge who is an outstanding teacher as well as coach. Like others have said it’s okay for other schools to hire coaches with athletic kids, but when they come to RS it’s cheating!!! 🤦‍♂️
Jealousy rears it’s ugly head once again.
2 years ago we went to State with all only RS kids (not a single move in) and not a word about that. So RS will continue to work hard, Play Hard and hope to stay healthy. Our fans don’t worry about all of the haters because when you have won 9 State Championship’s and prove yourselves Year in and Year out, it’s all Good!!!
The Lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinions of the Sheep!!! 🏈💪🏼🇺🇸
Good Luck to all other teams this Season, we hope all stay healthy and have a great year!!!

Are you new here? If you aren’t, you should already know that Richland Springs fans are almost always silent. (Even when winning championships). Silence is more eloquent than words.

True. Either way, I don’t see how UIL hasn’t picked up on Richland doing what Richland does. They aren’t the only ones. Borden’s done it, Strawn’s done it. And their’s more.
Who else ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back