Comparing Strawn and RS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GigemSooners

Six-man fan
I know I've been giving RS a bunch of crap related to "recruiting", but has Strawn not done the same thing since Lee took over? Brought a kid in the year before the Rigdons, then brings Rigdon along last year. Now there's talk of them getting new kids next year from new coaches and a kid from Calvert. Just feel like a hypocrite when I call one school out and not another who is blatantly doing the same. No, I do not like what RS has done in the past and present but I surely dont like Strawn doing the same.

I know I've been giving RS a bunch of crap related to "recruiting", but has Strawn not done the same thing since Lee took over? Brought a kid in the year before the Rigdons, then brings Rigdon along last year. Now there's talk of them getting new kids next year from new coaches and a kid from Calvert. Just feel like a hypocrite when I call one school out and not another who is blatantly doing the same. No, I do not like what RS has done in the past and present but I surely dont like Strawn doing the same.
I think that’s a lot of schools angle anymore. Go after coaches with kids for many different reasons. The ones with the exceptional athletes will go to exceptional programs. It’s the nature of the beast. Transfers is what keeps a lot of schools open. They just so happen to get exceptional athletes from time to time, or every year in some cases…

I think that’s a lot of schools angle anymore. Go after coaches with kids for many different reasons. The ones with the exceptional athletes will go to exceptional programs. It’s the nature of the beast. Transfers is what keeps a lot of schools open. They just so happen to get exceptional athletes from time to time, or every year in some cases…
Where I grew up, we were begging for move-ins. I think we had one or 2 my entire HS career. None of them were new coaches with stud athletes. We got what we could get. Also, we didnt hire TA's, Maintenance, Cafeteria employees with athletic kids which some schools do, including the ones I've listed. It truly is disappointing this is the norm now.

Where I grew up, we were begging for move-ins. I think we had one or 2 my entire HS career. None of them were new coaches with stud athletes. We got what we could get. Also, we didnt hire TA's, Maintenance, Cafeteria employees with athletic kids which some schools do, including the ones I've listed. It truly is disappointing this is the norm now.
I agree. Same here. We need get a few transfers from time to time. No game changers. The real sad thing is, some, not all, but some parents actually shop their kids around. Again, some, not all. And some school do chase athletes and create jobs for parents. It’s the haves vs the have-nots. Kinda like everyday life.

Who was the kid that Lee brought in the year before Coach Rigdon was hired?

Who was the kid that Lee brought in the year before Coach Rigdon was hired?
The really tall kid who had to wait a few games before he was determined eligible. Not sure his name but think it was #10, maybe Thigpen? I know it was an issue they dealt with because it was on Texas 6.

Hey, I have a great idea! There should be a rule that all of these tiny schools can only hire employees who are bachelors or Old Maids! No kids allowed. If an employee just happened to have a kid, the rule would say that they are ineligible to participate in sports, only in poetry and one act play! That would solve the problem in short order. Can you say Consolidation?

Hey, I have a great idea! There should be a rule that all of these tiny schools can only hire employees who are bachelors or Old Maids! No kids allowed. If an employee just happened to have a kid, the rule would say that they are ineligible to participate in sports, only in poetry and one act play! That would solve the problem in short order. Can you say Consolidation?
Great idea Johnny but a little late. This idea would have left Richland Springs and the Valley boys and the Rigdons on the sidelines a few years back.

I get what you're saying Johnny and valid point. I'm also not ruling out the fact there's also some digging done by some coaches, and they already know what they're getting when that transfer gets in. Also, I agree with the point some parents "shop" their kids around.

So Benjamin now falls in this category? We hire Ethridge and Rigdon and they bring their kids so we are recruiters? Does our wins next season have a ** after them? If Hayes takes a assistant job at jayton do they fall into this category with us? Just curious who all is now labeled recruiters. Are we gonna check all filled positions against who hired coaches with kids?

Can we fix the title to add in all the schools that have hired, Ethridge, Rigdon, Hayes, Burkhart, and any other Coach with a good kid? I think we just lump them all together and call them all cheaters at once.

So Benjamin now falls in this category? We hire Ethridge and Rigdon and they bring their kids so we are recruiters? Does our wins next season have a ** after them? If Hayes takes a assistant job at jayton do they fall into this category with us? Just curious who all is now labeled recruiters. Are we gonna check all filled positions against who hired coaches with kids?
No, because it wasn't a coup like RS'S was and Rigdon was non-renewed at Strawn. He was seeking a AD/HFB position and found one. I believe Ethridge was non-renewed at SE (not sure though). Not a smart move by SE if true.

Can we fix the title to add in all the schools that have hired, Ethridge, Rigdon, Hayes, Burkhart, and any other Coach with a good kid? I think we just lump them all together and call them all cheaters at once.
RS has been doing this for years and years, along with some other crazy stuff. Do your research, catch up and then you have your answer.

Are you trying to limit our fun? Benjamin has to be fair game too. This what we do in May. Gordon is jealous because I just mentioned them and they have been squeaky clean except for the Freeman fiasco.

No, because it wasn't a coup like RS'S was and Rigdon was non-renewed at Strawn. He was seeking a AD/HFB position and found one. I believe Ethridge was non-renewed at SE (not sure though). Not a smart move by SE if true.
They both came together with their boys to apply and meet everyone, they are friends and I believe if you follow this site, their was a plan for Etheridge to join Rigdon in Strawn. So all I’m saying is All schools guilty of hiring a coach with a kid should fall into the group. Hayes is qualified To be AD somewhere yet is considering a assistant job at top ranked Jayton, recruiting? Cheating? A Coup?

We had two openings and filled them. As did the other schools.

They both came together with their boys to apply and meet everyone, they are friends and I believe if you follow this site, their was a plan for Etheridge to join Rigdon in Strawn. So all I’m saying is All schools guilty of hiring a coach with a kid should fall into the group. Hayes is qualified To be AD somewhere yet is considering a assistant job at top ranked Jayton, recruiting? Cheating? A Coup?

Will Benjamin put them both on administrative leave and then hire JB and his OC one week prior to the season beginning without notice? Then proceed to use their kids and what Benjamin has returning so they can win a state championship?

Is it even official that Benjamin hired either one?

Will Benjamin put them both on administrative leave and then hire JB and his OC one week prior to the season beginning without notice? Then proceed to use their kids and what Benjamin has returning so they can win a state championship?
Probably not but we definitely will hire them both as a package deal and pair their studs up with our kids. It’s all legal and not different from anyone else in the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back