Championship Game Spreads

Leman Saunders

Six-man expert
Man I hope Granger's toy is wrong about them and they will be closer than that! I would like to see close games for the State Title now that it is on the biggest football stage in Texas.

Crowell by 42 and Grandfalls by 40!

If the games follow Granger's spreads, how does this refect on the sport of six-man football?

Crowell favored over May by 42
Grandfalls-Royalty favored over Milford by 40

To me, as a fan of the game, it would be HIGHLY embarrassing to have either of these games end early on the biggest stage in the state (and I've got no dog in the fight). It seems like we have been seeing mercy rule state games more frequently since the divisional split. It would just seem to nullify the "respect" the sport has gained in allowing the games to be played at ATT. By the same token, if they games went into triple digits, I would have the same embarrassed feeling.

I truly hope that the games are good defensive battles and I hope that the sport is represented at its finest on Saturday. After seeing May and Milford last night, I think they both have it in them to make their games a battle.

It's going to be what it's going to be. I find it a little disturbing that folks are all worried about what big city fans will think of the games and not a bit worried about the accomplishments of the kids playing.

Little Doc":38f4w01h said:
Come on guys. Those spreads are horrible. Why even go if you think that will be true. I hope you are wrong and they are barn burners.

It is unfortunate but I think the spreads are right on. The best games in Div 1 were played in Weeks 11, 12, and 13 (Ira/Throck, Water Valley/Crowell, Garden City/Ira, Crowell/Ira) when they beat each other up to get out of region 2. I think any of those teams could handle the East Winner. No disrespect to May meant at all... happy for them and their coaching staff in making the big game! Congrats to Crowell as well.... loaded with talent and they survived the Region 2 gauntlet.

oldfat&bald":2g779gky said:
It's going to be what it's going to be. I find it a little disturbing that folks are all worried about what big city fans will think of the games and not a bit worried about the accomplishments of the kids playing.

"big city fans" = the majoirty of the state

Its not disturbing at all to care about the respect of the sport.

Little Doc - those aren't my spreads they are this websites spreads

I do think DII will be closer than that...Milford looked GOOD yesterday

And May should keep it closer but I just don't see Crowell losing.

My spreads would be Grandfalls by 16 and Crowell by 30

No question May is this years Cinderella team and my pick for team of the year in six-man.

My team for team of the year is Gustine.....did not win a game all year...played with only 6 players the whole year...never gave up despite being....out manned and out gunned....lot of guts there...

Just my opinion but I believe the spreads will be accurate. Congrats to all teams for making it to the big dance at Jerry's World. Good Luck young men.

Grandfalls is not the best thing since sliced bread if they was they would be undefeated. They can lose like the next team key players go down, mistakes, turnovers etc.

Of course I'm a woman and don't know to much about 6man football rules. I have watched many games and love it. In this Championship whoever wins is the best and nothing can change that. Rankings are fun for you good ole boys but what matters on the field is defense and to keep playing your hearts out. Good luck to both teams.

Congratulations to all the players, coaches and fans that made it to this game. No matter what any others comment you made it to the State Championship and they did not.

Ignoring the atmosphere is an impossibility. Deal with

If any players are reading this, forget it all.
The spreads don't matter.

Play like it's homecoming or your biggest rival.

The ball bounces different ways, any given day.

Back