Burkhart out at Stanton??

51 Eleven,
Thank you for clarifying and apology accepted. BTW, sarcasm is often difficult to detect from the written word. Take care...

He will most definitely go down as the only coach to:

1. Win 8 state titles at one school

2. Be the only coach to have 3 coaching jobs in one school year 2x (2018 Richland Springs, 2018 Stanton, 2018 Rankin)
The other was from Richland to Gordon then back to Richland.

This just made the CBS7 news, local to the Odessa/Midland & surrounding area. Article says, Rankin ISD will be looking to approve him as an assistant on Saturday in a special board meeting. Nothing else is really mentioned other than "family issue" being the reason given for him leaving Stanton.

I certainly have sympathy for the Stanton school, their athletic teams, the Stanton community and the school board of Stanton. Stanton hired a coach in good faith, regardless of reputation, who didn't fulfill his obligation. if Stanton let him out of his contract, good for them. Good luck to all parties.

Everyone is speculating and was not there. I heard this and I heard that.
I wasn’t there, but what I do have in my hand is the full Stanton Police Department report of the incident that took place.
No there was NOT an altercation, there was a full blown threat that resulted in the kid being taken to the jail!
Report is public records.
I wish I knew how to post pics on here, I would.

To me, he is a coach who chases talent. Whether it is right or wrong, he is looking to go where the talent is. I may be wrong, but that just doesnt seem right to me.

Johnny South":zx7c515o said:
Bobcat, you sound more like a disgruntled Buffalo parent and a town gossip than a person in the know. Your facts look more like fiction to me. I don't think that you know him very well at all, and I believe that your research is flawed.

PS - You actually sound like some coach that he has beat every time he has met you on the field of play.

I agree with Johnny South but would also like to add that it is hard to take someone seriously that does not understand the concept of a sentence.

It is interesting to note how many new Burkhart haters commenting on this thread just signed up this week.
Or maybe it's just the old Burkhart haters with new names.
Just saying..........

I think some of the differing opinions posted on this thread were even handed and explained. The hero worship given Burkhart is predictable but calling everyone who doesn't agree with you a hater is crap. What makes your opinion any better than others? Some how you are more qualified to judge the Burkhart situation and those who comment on it too?

I despise the term "hater". All of the fake disrespect generated in today's world is laughable.

It's okay to disagree with Coach Burkharts decision- that doesn't necessarily mean anyone hates him. I, for one, don't know the man personally, but I think it's okay to disagree with his decision.

SWRaider":h10nqojj said:
To me, he is a coach who chases talent. Whether it is right or wrong, he is looking to go where the talent is. I may be wrong, but that just doesnt seem right to me.

LMAO! Yelp, you caught the tater.
Please tell me where he has “chased talent”? Lol.
If you truly believe that, then I will except it and have to label every coach in football as talent chasers. Lol.
Even the Tx legends like Phil Danaher, Gordon Wood, & G. A. Moore.

I sure am glad there’s not any other world shaping events going on right now so that everyone can focus on this event that surely affects everyone’s life.................

Back