Burkhart out at Stanton??

FCSA football":24pltq26 said:
I got one heck of a laugh on your one and two! I can hardly wait for 3! Lol, lol, lol !
Well, to quote my sometime neighbor, “ I won’t tolerate rude behavior “............

Ok, so don’t tell me you are actually going to do the chicken dance as an encore! Wait until I check with my life insurance agent and make sure THAT’s COVERED ! ;) :) :) !

The quote is from Tommy Lee Jones who owns a little land in San Saba county. Not from Matthew McConaughey who did a chicken dance in one of his movies.

I first learned the chicken dance about the same time I learned the shoddish and cottony eyed Joe at the Stagecoach Inn in Standford, Texas circa, 1973.

smokeyjoe53":16n6zwgq said:
FCSA football":16n6zwgq said:
Texas Longhorn and others.
Levity ! The icing on the cake, the chocolate on top of vanilla ice cream. It’s what makes life’s burdens bearable! Thanks for you contributions! Lol !
But seriously, is it best to Barbeque them hogs or make tamales out of ‘em ?
Neither........ shoot em in the gut and let em run off and die. Then go buy a ribeye.........
There are very few things in this world that I allow myself to truly hate. Feral hogs are numbers 1 and 2 on that list.

It's about time this thread got hijacked. I guess the hogs have been getting into Mrs. Smokey's flower beds or the garden again, along with anything else. Smokey's said before that's his primary use of the AR15. I've never eaten any but heard it can be pretty tasty if prepared right, gamy and salty if not. I read a few years back it had become a delicacy in New York and other parts of the north east. Understand there are a couple of processing plants in north west Texas that ship to them. Watched 2-3 episodes of a show about hog hunters I'm wanting to say from somewhere around Crowell. Charles Goodnight rescued wild piglets for their wild mother in a snowstorm from where she had taken them as a teen northeast of Waco before he had any cows (in his autobiography by Haley). Domesticated hogs were let run free by settlers for lack of fencing and feed. Read too about killing them from helicopters. I can see it for elimination (impossible)/attempted population control but not for sport. In my youth wild hogs were razorbacks, from Arkansas. Texas Longhorns played them and the Aggie's every year in the Southwest Conference. Great rivalry's, history. Nixon put in an appearance at the 1969 Game of the Century.

http://americanfootballdatabase.wikia.c ... tball_game

Next we should discuss prostate pigweed. I've been invaded. It's everywhere. Those little stickers stick to your boots then rugs and carpet. Can't go barefoot in the house. I've read up on it a little and the recommended pesticides failed. To kinds of spray 2X. Granules by spreader 2X.

Best of luck and God Bless to Coach Burkhart and his family in the future.
Never really thought about it before but looking at my fingers as I type, eight rings would be enough for one for each finger.

“Prostate Pigweed”??????...........makes me shudder to contemplate that booger...... I think you meant PROSTRATE Pigweed, 5111. At least I hope that’s what you meant...........

smokeyjoe53":zu4wedn3 said:
“Prostate Pigweed”??????...........makes me shudder to contemplate that booger...... I think you meant PROSTRATE Pigweed, 5111. At least I hope that’s what you meant...........
I knew You would catch it Smokey. I kind of shuddered at the thought myself as I wrote it. To kinds of spray was an honest mistake though.

https://www.gosanangelo.com/story/sport ... 857295002/

Here is the article sharing his side of the story...

I understand him wanting to protect his family, and agree with his decision regarding that part of the article...

However the part that gets me is:

"But I never did give up on those kids. I care about the kids at Stanton very much, and that's one of the big pieces that hurt me real bad."

I am not sure what his definition on giving up on those kids is, but when you lose a game to Lubbock Roosevelt 15-12 on a Friday night, leave town, quit your job, and not address your players. That kind of looks like giving up to me. I guess in his defense he did text a few players that next Wednesday.

Back