Buckholts HC Resigns

badgercountry

11-man fan
My son just called me and said the head football coach just resigned in Buckholts. Anyone else heard this, or is this a dirty rumor floating around the school? Mums the word on campus with administrations, so I'm curious.

badgercountry":2lncqgop said:
My son just called me and said the head football coach just resigned in Buckholts. Anyone else heard this, or is this a dirty rumor floating around the school? Mums the word on campus with administrations, so I'm curious.

Very sad hearing the news this morning, but it was confirmed. I pray for buckholts and their football program.

According to previous posts when this job came open, THIS WAS A GOOD JOB TO TAKE, and even the word PLAYOFFS was being mentioned.......
I guess that Satcher guy was a miracle worker --OR-- He knew something was wrong, so he packed up and went to Mount Calm.

I guess an 0-5 start at buckholts will not be tolerated.......

Sad news .....

This job was open for a very long time on the job board over the summer and no-one took it.
I guess the other coaches around the 6-man family knew something had an ODD smell.

I was always told, If it smells like STANK....... IT'S STANK.......Now it's up to you if you want to play with the STANK or go elsewhere and find a better toy to play with, One with LESS STANK.

maybe they can go after that Mike Reed fella who bolted for 0-5 Hamilton.....
OR - Maybe he found the next 11 man school dropping down to 6-man (Hamilton)...
maxpreps shows they have 21 kids total on the football team.....

I didn't leave for anything other than my wife accepting a job in Palestine. Buckholts to Palestine was over two-and-a-half hours. Too far with to kids involved. I love Buckholts and actually was there for their Homecoming this past weekend. Haven't heard any reasons why he left, but it has no correlation to my decision. Not a talent chaser, or I wouldn't have chosen Mt. Calm. a team we, in Buckholts, 45'd two years in a row. It was a great fit and I love being here.

I may be a little old fashioned and everyone is entitled to do their own thing, but why would anyone who loves where they are now, go back to the homecoming of the school they just left?

Little Doc":1ojrhajk said:
I may be a little old fashioned and everyone is entitled to do their own thing, but why would anyone who loves where they are now, go back to the homecoming of the school they just left?

Excellent question.

The coach just explained why he left, to be close to his wife's work. Why can't a coach leave a place, but still like it there, or miss some of his old kids?

I just hope the coach that left lands on his feet, this can be a black eye on his resume that may never be healed.

Little Doc":80fom9zs said:

Maybe Coach Satcher made a few friends while he was there??

As bad as this situation is......I do belive it could be very beneficial to Buckholts. Buckholts hired that coach as a last min/last option kind of thing. Hopefully a few of the assistants can come together and salvage this season. I've seen those boys play and they can do just that. There is talent on that team, it just has to be used the rifht eay in the right system.

P.s Coach Satcher is a fantastic coach who will make a great program no matter the team he coaches. As for him leaving buckholts, just remember, he is a father/husband before coach (as I hope all of you are), family comes first!!!

Little Doc":xqwiutto said:

Fair question. When I was there, I was fully invested. Into the kids, parents and community. When I left, I promised the kids I would come back to see them on their Homecoming, since there was no scheduling conflict. I kept my promise. More importantly, I wasn't just there to see the boys play football; but to also support my niece and nephew who are both still attending school there. I was able to sit with my sister and "watch" a game with her for the first time since High School. That game was super cool for me to attend and all my players from Mount Calm were well aware of intentions and know that I am 100% committed to Mount Calm. I do love Mount Calm and am very happy to be here. But I still have many friends and family who I enjoy seeing from Buckholts.

biggrin.gif

Old Bearkat":2pz7093b said:
coachsatcher":2pz7093b said:
Old Bearkat":2pz7093b said:
....and the former coach Calmly Mounts the pedestal and rebuts those who were Badgering him........

well written.....

I rarely pass up an opportunity to pun-ish.....[/quote}

Well, that danged bug may not be punishment but it's close enough. I try to hurry through your posts and scroll up or down. Though I appreciate the sarcasm in the punz.

Back