Buckholts/Pink

There is a right way and a wrong to handle these types of situations. From the outside looking in, it looks like both parties decided to handle it the wrong way! Its sad that it even got this far that someone with a level head didnt raise these concerns before the whole situation took place. Sad situation.

JH PACER COACH":1vvionj5 said:
I'm curious. I've heard that teams that go to Buckholts to play have been asked not to wear pink as well, is this true or false. Thanks.

I have a hard time thinking this is true, but if so, I would find it hard to believe that teams would or should comply.

Kids need to comply with what the adults say, but I'm hoping these adults are not the type that protest the statement, "In God we Trust", on police cars. For a good cause, this whole situation was handled a little heavy handed.

Don't have a problem with a coach being a stickler for rules. That's good. Being a stickler and being flexible toward a good cause is even better. Just my opinion that's not worth anything.

I don't think it is a matter of being a stickler for the rules or not. If the coach says to come off the bus with a butterfly sticker on your forehead, and if you don't, you won't play..... Then the best thing to do would be to stick a butterfly sticker on your forehead, because if you don't, you won't play.

Unless it is unethical, you do what the coach, and supt says.

For the record, not being PC, and being unethical are two different things. It is PC to support breast cancer, it is PC to wear pink to show your support. Telling them to not wear pink is not PC, but it is also NOT unethical.

Right or wrong? Players didn't mind, therefore the players were wrong. Consequence: not play. Action/Reaction WIN.

people people.. i played for buckholts last year and the year before. Even when coach satcher was there and then Coach france this was not a issue. It is obviously a problem with the Sup.. but anyways wearing pink socks and laces is not a issue. like someone else earlier said that buckholts hasnt won a game most even lasted all 4 quarters. They need to focus and improve together.

goku_254":3d818lf6 said:
people people.. i played for buckholts last year and the year before. Even when coach satcher was there and then Coach france this was not a issue. It is obviously a problem with the Sup.. but anyways wearing pink socks and laces is not a issue. like someone else earlier said that buckholts hasnt won a game most even lasted all 4 quarters. They need to focus and improve together.

Buckholts should try to win more games other than making fashion statements. I support breast cancer and trying to find a cure but you don't have to dress in pink to support it those kids should respect the coach and or sup instead of hiding behind parents and news crews. Actually its pretty sad that this even made the news but in our world today a dog humping a cat could make front story.

goku_254":1z8mr5lq said:

Hard to improve when the kids don't buy into the system, or at the very least listen to what their coach has to say. If the coach says not to wear pink then don't. Now if they had started a fundraiser outside of football, and the coach tried to shut that down then I could understand being mad. It can't be the superintendents decision completely if he's been there the last few years and let the previous kids wear pink. It's sad to me as a Buckholts alumni that they haven't won a game, the amount of talent in Central Texas is amazing. Buckholts has power house football teams all around it.

It's sad to me as a Buckholts alumni that they haven't won a game, the amount of talent in Central Texas is amazing. Buckholts has power house football teams all around it.

At this point, I'm not sure if they have the mustard to beat prarie lea.

it has the potential will be b-towns first win less season

In this day of 1st amendment rights, it's a wonder you can get anyone to do anything a person in leadership tells them to do. That probably includes some of parents. Do as I tell you, but by golly, nobody else can tell you what to do except me. Then they probably don't do what they tell them as well.

I think I'll paint my toenails pink tonight if the wife has some pink polish in honor of this thread.
I don't have anything pink to wear but I'd like to honor my Mother who suffered from breast cancer and my Mother in law who still worries about a recurrence.

I understand the concept of wearing pink, but the one who mentioned they donate $10 each to a cancer organization is doing it right in my opinion. Just wearing pink means nothing if you don't donate as well. Unfortunately most of the Susan G Koman donations go to pay the million dollar salary of their CEO. Less than 1% of the donations actually go to cancer research. I too coach, and I support cancer awareness as I have a mom diagnosed with it, two niece's diagnosed with it, my mother in law passed away from it, my dad is a cancer survivor, lost two cousins to it, several aunts and uncle's are fighting it or have passed from it, and my best friends mom is now battling her 3rd time with it. Now in saying all that, all this pink tape and all that is just that pink stuff, none of it means a dang thing if you're just wearing it, donate money to cancer research instead. the fact that all these kids and even grown athletes just want recognition by wearing pink is wrong. I have said before in regards to the nfl players that wear pink, if every player, coach, and owner, not to mention the other employees for the teams, would donate a minimum of $1,000 each to cancer research, that's 53 players per team, 32 teams, 32 owners, at least 10 coaches per team, and countless other employees, that would go a very long way in funding research. With high school teams, $10-$20 each would be a good addition to that.

Now to buckholts and their record, it hurt them that they lost state funding and accreditation due to low test scores and thus lost the entire junior and senior class to neighboring schools so they can have a diploma that colleges recognize. Playing a varsity schedule with freshmen and sophomores was a bad call, they should have played a jv schedule instead. Having played both buckholts and prarie lea, buckholts will most likely lose unless prarie lea loses more kids to injury as they are getting close to not even having 6 kids now. The school did a disservice to the kids at buckholts by just good ol boying everything until it was too late and the kids were no longer being taught properly... it's a shame though cause they had some descent athletes last year that would have been a lot better this year had they not left.

I think the kids going to other schools has been happening for quite sometime now. I know of at least 2 kids that go to Rogers and rumor of several more.

Did B-town even play their game Saturday. I haven't seen a score yet.

Back