Best team of all time

CleverUsername1

11-man fan
I got several questions for you 6-man experts who have been around the game for a while, here they are:
1. Most dominant team of all-time? (single season, not dynasty)
2. Best dynasty of all-time? ( example: late 80's early 90's Ft. Hancock, Richland Springs, the Ethridge years)
3. Best program of all-time? (basically, team with the most success since its inception)

I reserve the right to change my mind several times:

1. Tough...1. 1982 Highland, 2. 1985 Jayton, 3. 1989 Fort Hancock...I think breaking down the points scored, points allowed, 45 point wins and number of shutouts it would be 1989 Ft Hancock. Playoff dominance would be Highland or Jayton...all three would 45 a RS all-star team (how's that for a hot take)

2. Richland Springs-Burkhart Years (no debate)

3. Hardest Question! What is meant by inception (6man footballs inception in Texas, or inception of 6man football at the school)

Leman Saunders":kh5o4lam said:

1. Tough...1. 1982 Highland, 2. 1985 Jayton, 3. 1989 Fort Hancock...I think breaking down the points scored, points allowed, 45 point wins and number of shutouts it would be 1989 Ft Hancock. Playoff dominance would be Highland or Jayton...all three would 45 a RS all-star team (how's that for a hot take)

2. Richland Springs-Burkhart Years (no debate)

3. Hardest Question! What is meant by inception (6man footballs inception in Texas, or inception of 6man football at the school)
I originally meant the inception of sixman at that particular school, but I think that since sixman's inception in Texas would probably make more sense since we're talking about "all time".

There has been many great teams. But it's been great caochs that's been the difference. Most coaches jump around looking for talent. What about the best coaches that stay good or bad talent and still win. Who was the best coach for the last 20 years?

Hill County":1z7rtkby said:
There has been many great teams. But it's been great caochs that's been the difference. Most coaches jump around looking for talent. What about the best coaches that stay good or bad talent and still win. Who was the best coach for the last 20 years?
Definitely, Jerry Burkhart, Vance Jones, THE JERRY MILLER,

Leman Saunders":2a420uti said:

2007 Rule Bobcats would have beaten all three of these teams. RS beat Rule by 44 in the State game.

#3. Since it's inception implies a schools whole history. Any given school may have multiple programs under multiple coaches over the years. Difficult to define.

#1. How do you define most dominant? Average margin of victory? Number of shutouts by 45 + ?

51eleven":uext9e9g said:
#3. Since it's inception implies a schools whole history. Any given school may have multiple programs under multiple coaches over the years. Difficult to define.

#1. How do you define most dominant? Average margin of victory? Number of shutouts by 45 + ?
#3. You're right my bad. That was a poor explanation on my part. What I meant basically was "team with most state championships and/or district championships and/or playoff appearances in sixman, time playing sixman being irrevelant?"

#1. This one is a little more subjective. A team could 45 all their opponents but could have played a soft schedule or played in an era where there may not have been as high of quality of football. I'd say use your gut feeling lol. So in a nutshell what team that you've seen that is most dominant of all time?

Back