BEST SIXMAN PLAYER EVER

Misguided Rhetoric":3k1wdtm7 said:
coach_gillespie":3k1wdtm7 said:
Paul Green, Sanderson. Hands down. Watch the Sanderson-Calvert '02 State Game. Green almost single-handedly shuts down Calvert's spread. They are up something like 44-6 at half. Right at the end of the first half, Paul Green gets a concussion, I believe, and is not permitted to go back into the game. Obviously we know what ends up happening. Calvert has the comeback of the century (as per state games), and takes the championship. If Green doesn't get injured, I believe this one is over middle of the third...

Sure Green's injury was a factor in second half, but I thought Calvert being shut down in the first half had more to do with their decision to 'pull' the opposite end on sweeps out of the T/I formation than anything that Sanderson was doing. I had never seen them do that before and why they chose the state game to experiment with that blocking scheme is beyond me...but discontinued the practice in the 2nd half and scored at will.

Agreed as well...who do you think was following the pulling end and smacking everything dead in the backfield? that's right...Paul Green

coach gillispie: Paul Green did a tremendous job, but he was not following the pulling end. He was nose in the middle. The move I think that changed the complexion of the game was in first half Calvert was leaving DE to be blocked by back and our DE was cutting back freeing up backer and Green to make tackle. Second half they blocked DE with their offensive end. made a huge difference.

kbjoe1":22sozyi2 said:
I still will choose jack pardee Dad played at tech with e j holub and said he couldn't hold pardee's jock

I have a couple of uncles who played against Pardee in high school. He was a beast his junior/senior years.

I have talked with those who played against Ed Sprinkle in HS...I think there is not question Sprinkle was better than Pardee...as a hS player, as a college player...and as an NFL player

Sprinkle was called the meanest player in football at one point...that's NFL people...

PCPete":33mpgvox said:
Old BK - just curious who your uncles were. Sounds like we're from the same part of the country.

The Robinsons from Glasscock County. Jim is about the same age as Pardee. Bill was a freshman in 1952

Smokey, Charlie Grey played 66 through 69. He graduated in 1970. He could run a 9.8 100 yards by his Jr. year. He always played wingback rather than tailback. Cherokee had a guy by the name of Durante or something like that. He played tailback. Not quite as fast as Charlie but much more shifty. Hard to tackle.

Brent Henderson from Fort hancock. Started Div 1 football and even had some pro tryouts. Dude looked like Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime!! Only lost 2 games from 6th- 12th grade.

Back