Benjamin: Will Anyone Challenge?

First of all I agree that no one will challenge Benjamin this year in Division II. And as far as the young man playing I agree that he is talented and is a good player. Maybe not the best that ever was or will ever be such as his dad the coach said in the press conference. But hey that’s his dad and a dad is allowed to brag. Benjamin is having to deal with the same thing that Westbrook has been dealing with. But jealousy and envy gets into people minds and eats them up. But coaching fathers of players are going to go where the can improve themselves and their families. And there is nothing wrong with that. What is wrong is Jonesboro student body putting up signs that slander the young men . When they didn’t have anything to do with it . Their fathers made that decision not them. What is sad is the Jonesboro coaching staff and administration allowed the student body to post signs. That shows me the kind of class and values that school teaches.
What signs are you referring to

Haters gonna hate!
Everyone on this site is not a hater. Sometimes my alligator mouth overloads my hummingbird rear but I’m usually just try to have fun and enjoy life and 6-man games. I have my opinion on how some of these teams find talent but I will hush and get ready to go to Gordon tomorrow. Just a 230 mile trip.

Thanks, I've never seen this. Early in the season (?). Kind of a coming out party/statement game for GR, his brother, Lorenzo and the rest against the eventual D1 State Champions of 2021.
Yep, when you talked about Grayson & Griff Rigdon (7), playing catch in their backyard on the way to a State Championship yesterday, I knew what you meant. Grayson would fire the ball right into "moving target" Griff's bread basket (had to be clenched abs. !!I played QB all 4 yrs in PowderPuff games). And Griff was gone (happened more as season progressed). And Westbrook was the only other team I've ever seen do that consistently (this game is only game I saw them play that closely in).

And I thought before I watched it that someone had said C. Ware didnt play in Strawn game or in the 2nd half. So when I found out he did, I had to go back & watch it again. But great game both teams. Fun stuff.

OH, If I had been at that game with a SIGN, I would have been standing on WB's side & Sign would have read: DON'T KICK IT TO WARE.

Last edited:
Yep, when you talked about Grayson & Griff Rigdon (7), playing catch in their backyard on the way to a State Championship yesterday, I knew what you meant. Grayson would fire the ball right into "moving target" Griff's bread basket (had to be clenched abs. !!I played QB all 4 yrs in PowderPuff games). And Griff was gone (happened more as season progressed). And Westbrook was the only other team I've ever seen do that consistently (this game is only game I saw them play that closely in).

And I thought before I watched it that someone had said C. Ware didnt play in Strawn game or in the 2nd half. So when I found out he did, I had to go back & watch it again. But great game both teams. Fun stuff.

OH, If I had been at that game with a SIGN, I would have been standing on WB's side & Sign would have read: DON'T KICK IT TO WARE.
Ware played the whole game. It’s Roberts #20 the other back and defense I’ve end that didn’t play the entire game. Roberts goes out in the :rd or 4th drive fro Westbrook. He takes a hit to the back of the leg. If I recall correctly he comes back in maybe a play or two before coach sets him down for good. I also want to say WB had a 2 touchdown lead at that point. This is also the game game WB only made 1 or 2 extra points and that hurts in this type of match up.

Strawn was a really good team and to beat them you have to be healthy and mistake free. It was a fun game to watch.

Now that might hold up in court! I didn't know where oldfan6man was from.
Yea I was surprised the sign was allowed to hang, at WB it would have never happened.

It’s fuel to the fire. Reminds me of a time last year when a player (not naming the school) was interviewed and he said “WB better be ready next time” and the next game WB beat them by 50 points. I think you could sing “We ready, We ready. We ready for y’all” haha

Back