Benjamin vs Oglesby

sorry but Oglesby does not have the team speed that Benjamin has. Ridgon’s side to side and ability to cut on a dime is more impressive than his sprinting and his sprinting is very impressive. Oh and he can pass. Oh and there’s the Hayes kid. I think Benjamin has already played their toughest opponent this year. Save your money don’t buy snacks this one will be over quick.

sorry but Oglesby does not have the team speed that Benjamin has. Ridgon’s side to side and ability to cut on a dime is more impressive than his sprinting and his sprinting is very impressive. Oh and he can pass. Oh and there’s the Hayes kid. I think Benjamin has already played their toughest opponent this year. Save your money don’t buy snacks this one will be over quick.
He no faster than the Fossett kid from Oglesby. Buy your ticket and popcorn and enjoy …

So for this season, per MaxPreps, 2402 yards rushing (and didn’t have a single rush in the Guthrie game) 1244 yards passing and 637 receiving for Rigdon. The toughest game they’ve had all year was Newcastle where he had 276 rushing and 272 passing. He’s ranked #1 in Texas and #4 Nationally in total yards with 4283. That’s not even counting what Hayes (2100+ total) can do! Good luck with that containment! Benjamin by 45 in the 3rd

I should add - I was at the Newcastle game and they “got after him” too!

Last edited:
Lol people respect humble respectful teams!! If you're catching hell I'm sure it's just coincidence Mustangvet!!!
I could have sworn last year everyone was disrespecting Benjamin talking crap on a player and coach, went on to say they only did it for a ring, also said they wouldn’t be here this year, and Benjamin wouldn’t be here this year…

But to go on and say that they are in the worst division and need to go play 11 man in what world does that make since?

Schools don’t get to pick where they play 🤣 but I’m willing to bet they would probably beat every team in D1 I can’t speak for everyone who posts and what they post on here but ignorance is easy to spot.

And to set the record straight i haven't talked crap to or about anyone only stated my picks here and there. are you upset because Benjamin is good? yes i did graduate their in 2010 and we were respected everywhere we went but since the school has been better at sports (all sports) it seems they are a target now.

now buddy point out on the bear where they hurt you 🤣

He no faster than the Fossett kid from Oglesby. Buy your ticket and popcorn and enjoy …
Yea but they have both Hayes kids as well and overall a better team 45 point more than likely by half if not early third. As much as everyone here seems to think it takes 1 good player is wrong all 6 from Benjamin can play even the kicker say olglesby goes back and forth (bc Benjamin’s offense I think I’ve seen get stopped once or twice against Newcastle but that’s it) will score every possession so 1 they can’t turn the ball over all game and 2 Benjamin’s kicker is a weapon all by himself 28 points alone in 1 game and face the music oglesby just don’t have the kicking game

Oh and fosset played last year don’t remember seeing them at the State game which means Lorraine was better than them and they got 45ed… I’m going to go ahead and make an educated guess but I can see Benjamin here next year as well

My point was neither of those teams played a tough schedule so it doesn’t matter at this point. I am a big believer in scheduling the tougher games always have been. But folks were making a big deal about these two team’s schedules so I looked into it. Turns out they both had soft schedules.
Tf85 if you were May's coach for next year who would you play?
How many teams will be in your district?
Are you going to agree to a two year (home/away) contract?
How do you know a team will be a tough opponent the second year?

The 12 championship games will air on either Bally Sports Southwest or the Bally Sports Southwest Extra channel, and all will stream live in the Bally Sports app and at BallySports.com. Fans can access the streaming coverage by logging in and authenticating through a pay-TV provider that carries Bally Sports, or by subscribing to Bally Sports+, a streaming service within the app that gives local fans direct access to their favorite hometown teams and events. For more information, visit The 12 championship games will air on either Bally Sports Southwest or the Bally Sports Southwest Extra channel, and all will stream live in the Bally Sports app and at BallySports.com. Fans can access the streaming coverage by logging in and authenticating through a pay-TV provider that carries Bally Sports, or by subscribing to Bally Sports+, a streaming service within the app that gives local fans direct access to their favorite hometown teams and events. For more information, visit BallySportsPlus.com.
Bally Sports+ is the new streaming service from Bally Sports that gives direct access to your hometown teams without the need for a pay TV subscription. You can do a 7-day free trial.

Benjamin getting advantage of no calls by refs.
Yah, this is pretty bad so far. I hate when we get to State and the head ref looks like he doesn't care and fumbles over his words.

So far, one questionable no call on a late hit and another that was pretty bad. It was the right call on the Unsportsmanlike for Oglesby, but obviously frustrating for the Oglesby fans after the no-calls.

I also think that Benjamin could have been called for Pass Interference on 3rd and Goal. Obviously not called very much in 6 man, but the defender makes contact and never gets his head around; usually a telltale sign. Somewhat understandable, but again, frustrating for the Oglesby fans after previous events.

Been really fun so far though! I hope it turns into a classic, especially after that first game.

Back