Benjamin vs Oglesby

Before that he was at Crowell, just up the road from Benjamin in 2013 14/1 and 2014 14/0 where he won back to back state championships with his older son as spreadback.
That son is an assistant coach at Benjamin now I believe. He was not the spreadback on the championship teams. He was a freshman in 2013 and a sophomore in 2014. He was on the spreadback on 2015 team that played Abbott in 2015 for the state championship., The kid had an arm on him just as the younger brother who is a freshman now does.

Correction
That son is an assistant coach at Benjamin now I believe. He was not the spreadback on the championship teams. He was a freshman in 2013 and a sophomore in 2014. He was the spreadback on 2015 team that played Abbott in 2015 for the state championship., The kid had an arm on him just as the younger brother who is a freshman now does.

Ok Ace let’s put this to rest for everyone. For Benjamin through 14 game’s the average ranking for the opposing team is 92. For Oglesby through 13 games the average rating per opposing team is 101. So all this crap about schedules with these two teams is trash. Neither have played a tough schedule. But here’s the deal WHO CARES. last I checked they don’t hand out State Championship trophies for your schedule. Ace don’t get wrapped up with these guys on here about all that. Go win the game at Arlington and nothing else will matter. As far as the match up between the two star players. Let’s for one second pretend they are equal. The supporting cast at Benjamin can run circles around 90% or better of any school in D2. So pretend again the star players cancel each other off Benjamin still dominates this match.
:oops:

Here is the info on Benjamin on the UIL website. There is an error on the McLean score I know Benjamin won 74-12
https://www.uiltexas.org/football/state-team-mp/benjamin-2023-2024-football

Oglesby info here: https://www.uiltexas.org/football/state-team-mp/oglesby-2023-2024-football
Food for thought. The last state games (*) I went to two years ago I was not able to find anyone selling programs. I walked around and looked a good bit and finally asked a stadium employee who said they hadn't seen anyone selling them either and pointed me to (I think) their supervisor. Who told me he didn't think they were selling them that year. IDK why, they make a great souvenir IMO. But also, if you want to know the names of the players on the opponents team you might want to print the roster off of these sites.
(*) I walked in, up to the rail where you can see the field on literally the last play of the WB-May game. Then saw it multiple times on the Jerrytron. Tough call. Wanted to get there earlier but didn't make it.

It shouldn’t be close at at. But it all depends on the officials. They can turn Chaca loose, or they can shut him down.
I watched the top 10 plays of the week on texomashomepage.com/video/top-ten-plays-December-3-2023/922996/. Chaca had two of the top ten plays. He is a great natural player. He has been naturally that way since grade school, not anything taught or coached.

Ok Ace let’s put this to rest for everyone. For Benjamin through 14 game’s the average ranking for the opposing team is 92. For Oglesby through 13 games the average rating per opposing team is 101. So all this crap about schedules with these two teams is trash. Neither have played a tough schedule. But here’s the deal WHO CARES. last I checked they don’t hand out State Championship trophies for your schedule. Ace don’t get wrapped up with these guys on here about all that. Go win the game at Arlington and nothing else will matter. As far as the match up between the two star players. Let’s for one second pretend they are equal. The supporting cast at Benjamin can run circles around 90% or better of any school in D2. So pretend again the star players cancel each other off Benjamin still dominates this match.
I usually am on board with everything you say but not this time…. Schedules are a huge deal, take Westbrook the last two seasons the schedules they played prepared them for the both of those state games. Both times underdogs and both times found a way to win and I truly believe it’s because of the dog fights they had been in all year. When you consistently play bad teams it does not prepare you for a dog fight. I know a bunch of people will disagree and that’s fine but I can tell you for a fact schedule strength matters as it prepares you for games when it gets to be tough sledding.

I usually am on board with everything you say but not this time…. Schedules are a huge deal, take Westbrook the last two seasons the schedules they played prepared them for the both of those state games. Both times underdogs and both times found a way to win and I truly believe it’s because of the dog fights they had been in all year. When you consistently play bad teams it does not prepare you for a dog fight. I know a bunch of people will disagree and that’s fine but I can tell you for a fact schedule strength matters as it prepares you for games when it gets to be tough sledding.
My point was neither of those teams played a tough schedule so it doesn’t matter at this point. I am a big believer in scheduling the tougher games always have been. But folks were making a big deal about these two team’s schedules so I looked into it. Turns out they both had soft schedules.

It shouldn’t be close at at. But it all depends on the officials. They can turn Chaca loose, or they can shut him down.
I watched the top 10 plays of the week on texomashomepage.com/video/top-ten-plays-December-3-2023/922996/. Chaca had two of the top ten plays. He is a great natural player. He has been naturally that way since grade school, not anything taught or coached.
And just a little something more from my perspective, no trainer ever trained Secretariat how to run, no trainer trained the Doc Bar colts to cut a cow, and no coach trained Grayson Rigdon how to score touchdowns! It’s all natural!
Just like one of those “naturals” makes a champion horse trainer, Grayson makes a championship coach.

My point was neither of those teams played a tough schedule so it doesn’t matter at this point. I am a big believer in scheduling the tougher games always have been. But folks were making a big deal about these two team’s schedules so I looked into it. Turns out they both had soft schedules.
i agree with that, i see what you meant

Don't talk down on your team like that!!!

We can say what ever we want Ace. We can say a player Is one of the best anytime we choose. Since you discredit all claims of any real football other than Benjamin. I would think by now since yku have the best player in the state why would you sit around in the smallest and worst division in texas 🤔 go challenge that self 11 man will be waiting on you !!!!
This is got to be the dumbest post I’ve ever read

That’s it this can only be settled in one way. Where’s @ACE OF DIAMONDS @Texan1845 the players wearing #1 are only allowed to play man to man on each other, split out wide on every play. No matter the formation. It’s only fair to see the real #1.

@Texan1845 was Kyler Fossett on Oglesby last year? And what grade is he in I did not pay attention?
Kyler is a junior and yes he played last year as well

This is got to be the dumbest post I’ve ever read
tdog5344 you ruffled another benjamin fans feathers. Has ace/deuce opened another site? Someone hasn’t stayed in the loop of this conversation and heard all that has been said on this subject.
Lol people respect humble respectful teams!! If you're catching hell I'm sure it's just coincidence Mustangvet!!!

Back