August 3 -- When will Richland Springs lose again?

granger

Six-man expert
Founder
When will Richland Springs lose again?

Will it be this year? Will it be next? Will it be in the playoffs?

I am going to say not this year. Hard for me to say about next year, but they haven't lost since week 14 of 2014 to Calvert.

I would suggest that if they get by Happy they will go undefeated this year. RS graduated two or three linemen off of last years team. So anyone able to beat them will have to catch them early, before their new line gets settled into midseason form.

Just for my curiosity, did RS get any move-ins that will help them this year?

Maybe never! As long as the Coyotes can get 10 to 12 boys (or more) out to play, Burkhart can perform miracles. His program is so different than those (and I could name several) that are totally loaded with athletes and can't get past the first or second round. In 2010 or 2011, I don't remember for sure, he had 10 kids playing and won a State Championship, and none of them were super athletes. With a total high school enrollment of 35 to 40, he should be able to always field a dozen or more.

I know there has been a couple of years Jonesboro had a lot more talent, but out coached. They have always had our number for sure.

Farmers Almanac is predicting a hard cold winter. There might be an early ice storm in November in which the field would be so slippery even Tippie has no advantage. RS might loose 6-0. Probably not, everyone else should just be intimidated and give up now.

BTW Granger, I'm sure you realize this but one has to hunt for these threads in the Daily Dose and Leman's Lament's if no one posts and keeps them in the top 6 as there not "featured" on the site. Food for thought. Appreciate all you do. Keep on rockin' in the free world.

RS is a great team. I wanted to be at that game but couldn't. RS probably won't lose again this year. Maybe this is Happy's year to win it all.

Bill O'Rielly":135lt1wm said:
rainjacktx":135lt1wm said:
It sure didn't take long to get that question answered, did it?

It's so great to see RJ back. You been clinging to life for this great moment! LMAO!

I'm not going to complain about RS losing, but to be honest, I'm not around the six man game too much anymore for it to matter all that much.

Hopefully they will make it to the playoffs just to lose. Just so the RS fan club with shut up. But if they didn't make the playoffs that wouldn't
make me sad one bit.

Ex eagle":3h7b94qx said:
They graduate a great class this year, it could be a few years before they dominate again.

Here we go! Lmao!!!!!!
Didn't we here this same crap after the 2007 team graduated? (Post Ethridge)

Didn't we here this same crap after the 2011 team graduated? (Post Reeves)

Didn't we here this same crap after the 2012 team graduated? (Post Bush)

Now it's all over after these kids graduate. Dang, I was hoping for a few more decent years.

Investigation needed.........
A really, really, really smart guy ( I know this to be true because he told me he was really, really, really smart) told me that the real reason that Richland Springs held out key players was to get better odds in Vegas........... it must be true, he read it on the Internet.........

I saw the game and, while no one is going to shed a tear for Richland Springs, they have nothing to fear. They played a very good Happy Cowboy squad tough without Walker Tippie... they'll be right there in the thick of things at AT&T stadium come the end of the year. Lots of attention being paid to Balmorhea (and rightfully so) out of the West but don't sleep on Valley. They were very impressive in shutting down Raynor and the rest of the Sterling City Eagles. There you have it, Valley vs. Richland Springs for the DII championship.

Back