.... And it begins!!!!

6manfan12365

11-man fan
Finally!!!! I know none of these teams are playing this week but who is gunna win out of Abbott/ Penelope and Aquilla/Bynum????

I think Aquilla will win by 6 and Abbott will win by 20... What do y'all think??

Not at all cowboy. Last year even with Josh and zach in the lineup Bynum played you guys a really tough hard fought game. You guys lost 2 of the states best players. Bynum lost 2 seniors but their impact wasn't as strong as you guys loss to graduation. Aquilla is playing good right now for sure but Bynum is peaking at the right time and this game is in Bynum. I think that this game could either get out of hand in aquillas favor or if Bynum can keep it close they may can pull it off in the end. And the way Bynum's D is swarming to the ball the last few weeks it's gonna be a lot of short yardage plays for aquilla unless they can break a long run off. Bynum will take to the air some and the times they have thrown it they were successful

@David, although Aquilla lost those 2 good players last year, they have definitely reloaded. If you haven't seen Aquilla play, I definitely think folks will be suprised. Unlike last years team, this year's team has 2 or 3 RB's that average serious yardage per carry, and this year the Cougar offense isn't one dimensional, they can pass just as good as run, something they weren't very successful at in the past. This team is a much better all around team than last years team, not takeing anything away from last years, but these guys don't have any attitudes, have incredible speed on both sides of the ball, play together as a team, and most of all they believe! As far as Garcia passing, he is a good QB and a good kid, but Josh Ball knows what the Cougar defense is capable of doing, they have the top 2 interception leaders in cenral texas six man, so I don't look for him to put it in the air much. I hope it is a better game than I personally think it will be, but Im thinking the Penelope-Abbott game may be the better game to watch, with the closer score...just my opinion....

I'm not gonna put doubt into any of these 4 teams this year. Bynum got their work cut out for them just like aquilla gotta go prove they are at least as good as last year. Penelope Abbott I'm sure will be a good one. I don't know if either one if these games will end early. I look for every district game this yr to go the distance

Not at all cowboy. Last year even with Josh and zach in the lineup Bynum played you guys a really tough hard fought game. You guys lost 2 of the states best players. Bynum lost 2 seniors but their impact wasn't as strong as you guys loss to graduation. Aquilla is playing good right now for sure but Bynum is peaking at the right time and this game is in Bynum. I think that this game could either get out of hand in aquillas favor or if Bynum can keep it close they may can pull it off in the end. And the way Bynum's D is swarming to the ball the last few weeks it's gonna be a lot of short yardage plays for aquilla unless they can break a long run off. Bynum will take to the air some and the times they have thrown it they were successful

david, just sayin and no disrespect to bynum, but aquilla is going to hurdle over the bulldogs just as i hurdled #7 from bynum last year.... haha

David1995":5erwrqwg said:
I'm not gonna put doubt into any of these 4 teams this year. Bynum got their work cut out for them just like aquilla gotta go prove they are at least as good as last year. Penelope Abbott I'm sure will be a good one. I don't know if either one if these games will end early. I look for every district game this yr to go the distance
Man!
Would that be cool or what!!

wow really jordan... as I remember from watching aquilla play in years previous you were best at getting ejected from games. I was fortunate enough to make it to the semi-final game were you got a holding penalty when tadlock ran for a long td then you fumbled on the goal line and lets not forget backing down like a scared little kid when T-rock ran right at you and the only time you'd actually hit someone is when they weren't looking..... enough said about that stupid comment... I think both games will be close and go the distance

Dogface I don't think that aquilla holds a candle to walnut this year. Those guys are hardcore sh** talkers. But I do agree Josh wins the award for throwing the cooler the furthest into the stands!!! Sorry Josh I had to do it. Good luck D1-14

yea ill b the first to tell u i have a bad attitude, but backin down to throck hell no, not once did i, but u can run ur mouth all u want to it doesnt really bother me none.

David1995":1fkviarx said:
Dogface I don't think that aquilla holds a candle to walnut this year. Those guys are hardcore sh** talkers. But I do agree Josh wins the award for throwing the cooler the furthest into the stands!!! Sorry Josh I had to do it. Good luck D1-14
Aquilla doesn't hold a candle to walnut? Have you completely lost your sanity? Walnut couldn't stay within 20 points of Aquilla. Aquilla will have all starters back on the field for district play, and they have developed depth.
I've said this before, & I'll say it again - Aquilla will win district, but it won't be easy.

I am gonna have to say the bynum aquilla game is going to be a lot closer then people think and if they can stay close, my boy josh "Coach Ball" can pull out a W...but if its not within 2 scores early aquilla takes it...

if you think bynum is pretty good then why do they need 4 unanswered? maybe they go back and forth or make it a defensive game...i have a feeling that mr. ball is a pretty good coach and has the boys ready to go on a friday night

Back