45'd in regular season but beat'em in the playoffs...?

I think in 2005 or 6 Greenville Christian was 45'd by Denton Calvary AND Rockwall Heritage and then beat both in the Playoffs for their 2nd of 3 in a row State titles.

I think in 2005 or 6 Greenville Christian was 45'd by Denton Calvary AND Rockwall Heritage and then beat both in the Playoffs for their 2nd of 3 in a row State titles.

See (greatest underdog/Cinderella story) on page 2. Yes, it's a "story", that's what the topic called for.
:)

I know it has been done in public schools as well. I also remember Lefors or McLean 45-ing the other early in the season then the other winning when it counted in district.

It happens. Some teams get better, some sustain injuries

Yes, many things can happen to a team over the course of a season and often does...that's why there is always hope for that 5-5 team who has improved over the course of the season...especially if the 9-1 team has sustained injuries or have the "grades" bug bitem.

Not playoffs, but in 2011 gold-burg got 45'ed by St. Jo in a non district game and turned it around to clinch the playoffs in the final game of the season by defeating St. Jo in a District game.

Brookesmith 45ed Lohn in the regular season and beat them so bad that their Running Back quit. Lohn managed to stay together, won district, which also coincided with the last year Lohn beat Richland Springs, and beat Brookesmith 18 to 6 during the first round of the playoffs in Brady, TX.

http://lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?ac ... 3311239481

2007 Season

Lake Jackson Brazosport - 75
Pine Drive Christian - 24
Game ended in 3rd qtr
District 5 game

4 weeks later

TAPPS D-I Regional Final Game
Lake Jackson Brazosport 6
Pine Drive Christian School 7

Game was played in a FREEZING MONSOON.....Freezing downpoor of rain the entire game

Or better know as the "MUD-BOWL" around the Dickinson area

Gordon was 45d by Brookesmith in 99, then went on to win State during the single Division era... does that count? (There were several starters injured... but I'm just sayin, ya know)

Longhorn...sure that counts...Injuries are very much a part of the game in SixMan....fortunes rise and fall based on attrition many times...

Leman Saunders":ds1yqctu said:
I wish Granger could dig up the message board from 1999! I had some great posts about that Gordon team! And about how horrible the rankings were!! HA!

Dang, how old were you then? 12?

Not 45'ed, but in 2009 Garden City lost on the opening week-end to Throckmorton in Hico by 28
then beat them in the quarter-finals on their way to the DI State Championship.

Back