2022 early predictions

jamwash

Six-man fan
With the season being a month out, I made a bracket of D1 and D2. I'm ready for the responses, but more importantly, I'm ready for the football season.

Attachments

• 1AD1.png
    1AD1.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 348
  • 1AD2.png
    1AD2.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 340
You got Westbrook and Benjamin not doing very much.
I believe that district 7 is going to is the best district in D1 which is unfortunate for everyone else in Region 2 (and region 1 for the semifinals). Don't get me wrong, Westbrook will be good and is in a very competitive district, but will they match up against the district 7 runner-up.
With Benjamin, they'll be good. The only problem is that they're in Region 2 with all of those teams. Honestly, I would consider it a coin flip between them and whoever they play in the first round.

your d1 brakcet is a little messed up you have D2 and D3 playing each other in the bi district round.
Thank you so much for pointing that out. I had it fixed but forgot to replace the old pictures. It should be fixed now
D2 didn't change but there was some change after fixing D1

I’m doubting that Strawn gets out of round 1, if they get there even.
I’m doubting that Cherokee loses to Blackwell.
I’m doubting that Benjamin is put out in round 2.
And I’m most certainly doubting that RS loses at AT&T!
All of these are valid skepticisms. Allow me to respond with why I believe those teams make it to where I put them

Strawn has to play Newcastle, Forestburg, and Gold-Burg. I believe that even with a "bad" pre-district, the only challenge I see is Gold-Burg. However, I believe that Strawn's tradition of winning will have making it to playoffs. Will they win playoffs games? I don't know because we all know the road to the Region 2 championship is tough for all of those schools. Again, the tradition of winning in Strawn is what will propel Strawn through playoffs in my opinion.

With Cherokee, I see Blackwell just pulling an upset. Blackwell had a down year last season and will likely be around 8 or 9 wins when matching up with Cherokee. Plus, I think Cherokee will be looking ahead at Richland Springs for a rematch in the regional finals and realized that the Hornets are not to overlook.

With Benjamin, you might be right. They might be put out in the first round or the third round. I don't see Benjamin playing turkey ball for the opposite reason I see Strawn playing in December. Strawn is use to playing into December, so is Motley County. I'm not saying Benjamin is bad. Like I said earlier, they're in Region 2 with all of those teams, teams who know how to make it to Thanksgiving..

Finally, Richland Springs is probably going to blink and be in Jerryworld. The question is how much competition will they have to face a little adversity? I say none. If I'm mistaken, RS hasn't lost at AT&T. But, mostly had to play Strawn to get there. With Region 3 losing Strawn and Gordon, RS will only have film on their side while the teams in Region 1 and 2 will have experience week after week of having a tough opponent.

I may be wrong, but I have reasons as to why I might be right.

I’ll pick Benjamin vs RS in the finals.. Having Grayson will help Brody and company a lot!!

We all know Richland Springs will get there…

Strawn will have a tough test out the gate vs Knox City at jayton classic… I also see they travel to Dallas to play Dallas Lutheran week 2, those private school games last season has me thinking an upset week 2 for Strawn.. call me crazy but Dallas Lutheran will beat them..

I honestly don’t see Strawn making it to playoffs (Hope I am wrong)

D1 I have no clue who will get there this season… hopefully my Dawgs can make some noise!!! Coach Cervantes era starts soon!!

GO DAWGS!!

I’ll pick Benjamin vs RS in the finals.. Having Grayson will help Brody and company a lot!!

Strawn will have a tough test out the gate vs Knox City at jayton classic… I also see they travel to Dallas to play Dallas Lutheran week 2, those private school games last season has me thinking an upset week 2 for Strawn.. call me crazy but Dallas Lutheran will beat them..

D1 I have no clue who will get there this season… hopefully my Dawgs can make some noise!!! Coach Cervantes era starts soon!!

GO DAWGS!!
Honestly, Benjamin vs RS would be a great state championship if those two meet.

Strawn definitely will have an uphill battle with the shakeup they had. The only reason why I believe Strawn makes the playoffs is that I believe they'll win their game vs Newcastle.

These private schools are getting better. Bracken beat Rankin and Covenant Classical had shootouts with Strawn and RS. Hopefully, the private schools are able to continue to compete more with the top tier UIL schools.

With the Anton Spur game, that legitimately was like a coin flip. I can see Anton being bounced in the first round and at the same time in the state semis. We will see if them Dawgs bark or bite in a month.

GO DAWGS!!
Grayson isn’t at Benjamin and I bet he’s wearing red and black

With the season being a month out, I made a bracket of D1 and D2. I'm ready for the responses, but more importantly, I'm ready for the football season.
I predict that Cherokee will defeat Blackwell setting up a rematch with Richland Springs which will be another barn burner. Richland Springs will win its 10th Championship.

Loraine will see RS in regionals… I can see RS going up against Fannindale or Calvert in semi finals… Still don’t see anyone beating RS on that side of bracket.. toughest match up won’t be til state…. As for the money thing and hiring coaches with kids and stuff… no problem at all from this end… it’s still 6v6.. young men all around same age, they all tie shoes and get dressed the same way… coaches and players stop playing the name when y’all play Richland springs, stop being scared and get after it, they can be beaten, it rarely happens but they can be beat… let’s get this season started baby!!!

Go Dawgs!!

Loraine will see RS in regionals… I can see RS going up against Fannindale or Calvert in semi finals… Still don’t see anyone beating RS on that side of bracket.. toughest match up won’t be til state…. As for the money thing and hiring coaches with kids and stuff… no problem at all from this end… it’s still 6v6.. young men all around same age, they all tie shoes and get dressed the same way… coaches and players stop playing the name when y’all play Richland springs, stop being scared and get after it, they can be beaten, it rarely happens but they can be beat… let’s get this season started baby!!!

Go Dawgs!!
You’re right! Anyone can be beaten! Never count the chicks before they hatch.
I felt sure RS would go to state (and probably win) the year Tippy got hurt. Even though they were still a good team without him, it hurt. One play and losing one player can totally change the dynamic. I hope all teams have a healthy season.

What if Cherokee doesn’t go to the playoffs who replaces them and does it mean Richland doesn’t have a competitive game until state.
I guess you want me to say Rochelle/Brady.?.? Won’t happen. Rochelle will be good but I think RS and Cherokee are just a step up. You could argue it’s top 1-2 toughest district in d2 this year honestly.

Loraine- they return a good portion and should not be overlooked. Would be a good match up just a shame it would be so early.

Calvert-(new coach or not.? Very confusing) but always have athletes and that alone can get you beat. RS has faced them more times than anyone in playoffs. They are NEVER to be taken lightly. IMO if RS was not in there way several years they could have 2-3 more state titles.

Fannindell- they had some good years recently but I honestly don’t know what they will have but I think they’ll be in the mix.

Oakwood- Have been on the upswing say the last 5 years. Have already beaten RS before in playoffs. Usually have talented kids. The only draw back I see is they have a new coach I believe.

Blackwell- along with Loraine switching to the east. Will be good, have great coaches and kids. Would actually be a fun match up for the fact a Coyote great. Coach Wiley Cummings who helped kickstart the upswing of the RS football program is at Blackwell and I believe he has a son on the team. With that said I don’t believe they are the same caliber as a few years back.

Cherokee- Have a storied tradition and long time rival with the coyotes. They have some good coaches and absolutely have some kids that can play ball. I was shocked they did not make it further in the playoffs last year and rematch with RS. Lost in district in a shootout they could have easily went the other way. Could be a shootout again this year.
Who wouldn’t want a rematch 15 miles for both teams neutrally set at the SS graveyard.? P.S. does does SS county have the most combined state titles at 12.?.?.

IMO with all that said they could lose to any of them hypothetically.

I believe that district 7 is going to is the best district in D1 which is unfortunate for everyone else in Region 2 (and region 1 for the semifinals). Don't get me wrong, Westbrook will be good and is in a very competitive district, but will they match up against the district 7 runner-up.
With Benjamin, they'll be good. The only problem is that they're in Region 2 with all of those teams. Honestly, I would consider it a coin flip between them and whoever they play in the first round.
From the Fence: (and still laughing)

I sincerely applaud you for having the testicular fortitude to put something that bad out for everyone to see and comment on. You sir have guts, and you will need them in November. Because in that month your D1 predictions will begin to crumble and your choices will seem as though you plucked from thin air and threw them on paper on a ridiculous whim. They will be nothing more than salted tears and utter disappointment for you.
But do not cry in November, do not look to others to help you for we all knew in July your predictions would fall apart.........

Just like the last 2 State Championship runs for your predicted Division 1 winner.
#Fencelineguy #Westwhat #soitbegins

Back