2018 D1 Preseason Rankings

granger

Six-man expert
Founder
I have D1 completed and wanted to start posting them. I will do like I did last year and post 1 (or 2 as I am doing today) a day until I get to the #1. I will then post all of them. Just about done with D2, so those will start soon.

D1 Top 10+
11. Nazareth
10. Happy

You can probably understand why I posted these two together. This will be a great district race and it will be interesting to see if Nazareth closed the gap from last season. Sure, my Naz ranking may be a bit optimistic for them (hey, it may be too optimistic for Happy as well), but it is definitely within the realm of possibilities.

D1 Top 10+
11. Nazareth
10. Happy
9. Union Hill

There's some question marks for Union Hill. A favorite last season to win it all that didn't quite live up to expectations, may fare a little better as just another to watch out for.

D1 Top 10+
11. Nazareth
10. Happy
9. Union Hill
8. Coolidge

Big expectations in Coolidge this season, along with a new coach. Will be interesting to see how they fare against a tried and tested Milford in district play. Tough region with Union Hill in there as well. Should be exciting.

D1 Top 10+
11. Nazareth
10. Happy
9. Union Hill
8. Coolidge
7. Balmorhea

A little bit of a drop for the Bears after the past two season as the D2 state finalist, but the Bears have the goods to keep their streak of deep playoff runs alive. It is a tough region, but the Bears experience will benefit them in November.

D1 Top 10+
11. Nazareth
10. Happy
9. Union Hill
8. Coolidge
7. Balmorhea
6. May

The Tigers over the last five years have been fantastic and I expect nothing less this season. They will have to replace Wyatt Mote, who I was incredibly impressed with at the All-Star basketball game, but have plenty of returning talent. Add the fact that Coach Steele appears to be able to pass along the spreadback skills he carried as a player and they should be just fine.

D1 Top 10+
11. Nazareth
10. Happy
9. Union Hill
8. Coolidge
7. Balmorhea
6. May
5. McLean

They certainly aren't taking the easy road with games against Strawn, Follett and Balmorhea in the first four weeks. The Tigers should be salty, especially when you consider they return almost everyone, including Ben Crocker, who rushed for over 2000 yards last season.

D1 Top 10+
11. Nazareth
10. Happy
9. Union Hill
8. Coolidge
7. Balmorhea
6. May
5. McLean
4. Jonesboro

Can the Eagles make it back to AT&T for a third-straight year? It may be a little tougher this season, but they certainly have what it takes. I expect them to definitely be in the hunt.

D1 Top 10+
11. Nazareth
10. Happy
9. Union Hill
8. Coolidge
7. Balmorhea
6. May
5. McLean
4. Jonesboro
3. Garden City

Last year their defense struggled against the top teams, but with most of that squad back, it should be a strength. It will definitely get tested in weeks 2-5 when they face Morton, Balmorhea, Buena Vista, Rankin and Strawn in consecutive weeks! But it's that kind of schedule is what gets you ready to face the pressure of a long playoff run.

D1 Top 10+
11. Nazareth
10. Happy
9. Union Hill
8. Coolidge
7. Balmorhea
6. May
5. McLean
4. Jonesboro
3. Garden City

2. Milford
1. Borden County

Really no shock here. Borden County is at the top out West until they get knocked off, while Milford comes in as the prohibitive favorite out East. Both will have some serious challenges along the way, but do not be surprised to see them in Arlington come December.

I am trying to sort out a few things with the private schools. It is kind of a pain to do them in pieces, so I need to get them sorted. Hopefully it all goes live within a day or two.

I know it's just preseason but... you really think Strawn is 24 points better than anyone else? Just askin', I wouldn't know one way or the other.

Texlonghorn75":3gj5kix2 said:
What we have here is a failure to communicate! But skip the rest of the story and let's watch the girl washing the car!
The view is pretty good from inside the car........

5 extra points if you can name the make and year of car in that scene.
10 extra to name actress in scene.

smokeyjoe53":3o2k4emy said:
Texlonghorn75":3o2k4emy said:
What we have here is a failure to communicate! But skip the rest of the story and let's watch the girl washing the car!
The view is pretty good from inside the car........

5 extra points if you can name the make and year of car in that scene.
10 extra to name actress in scene.
Favorite actress Joy Harmon (she has a strong resemblance to Julie Christie) and you will have to tell the make and model of the car. 1938 Studebaker?

Back