2017 UIL Preseason Rankings -- for real

We will see what Jonesboro has week 2 of the season when they play Milford. Jonesboro has had Milford's number in the 4th quater 3 years in a years in a row. But I wouldn't be surprised if this years games doesn't see a fourth quater... This Milford's team sense of urgency is definitely on the rise as the pressure to win now is greater than ever before. The players and coaching staff realize that this game is a huge statement game, a couple players have even mentioned 45ing every opponent in the regular season. They're not happy with the #3 Ranking, they're not happy that Richland is the "Overwhelming favorite" to win State, so week two will be a great chance to get everyone's attention by 45ing Jonesboro on their own field. Keep your eyes on Milford.

MilfordInsider":313ie26z said:
We will see what Jonesboro has week 2 of the season when they play Milford. Jonesboro has had Milford's number in the 4th quater 3 years in a years in a row. But I wouldn't be surprised if this years games doesn't see a fourth quater... This Milford's team sense of urgency is definitely on the rise as the pressure to win now is greater than ever before. The players and coaching staff realize that this game is a huge statement game, a couple players have even mentioned 45ing every opponent in the regular season. They're not happy with the #3 Ranking, they're not happy that Richland is the "Overwhelming favorite" to win State, so week two will be a great chance to get everyone's attention by 45ing Jonesboro on their own field. Keep your eyes on Milford.
I am sure your quote is now on the Jonesboro bulletin board. I am not a fan of Jonesboro, but I don't believe Milford will have the self-discipline or physicality to beat Jonesboro.

I doubt Jonesboro or any other team for that matter is worried about some Milford fan running their mouth on here. They talk a lot of trash every year-have a nice season and then can't win a big game when it matters most.

Next year will be no different

Division 1
1. Union Hill
2. Happy
3. Garden City
4. Zephyr
5. Borden County

Division 2
1. Richland Springs
2. Balmorhea
3. Milford
4. Valley
5. Strawn

Physicality has always been an "issue" with Milford teams and we've never denied it, but we played in a few bone bruising slug fest last year and held our own (Jonesboro,Oakwood, Richland) so we've proven that we're tough enough when it matters. Jonesboro doesn't have to be worried, but they should be.

Division 1
1. Union Hill
2. Happy
3. Garden City
4. Zephyr
5. Borden County
6. Jonesboro

Division 2
1. Richland Springs
2. Balmorhea
3. Milford
4. Valley
5. Strawn
6. Crowell

Mainly to get people asking how in the world do you rank this team there or that team somewhere on down.........obviously it works...........

What is the biggest climb or biggest drop that any longtime followers of six man football can remember?

A team in the top 5 or top 10 dropping to a sub .500 season?

A team that was ranking really low climbing to top 5 or top 10 final ranking?

Coach Schlieve said:
What is the biggest climb or biggest drop that any longtime followers of six man football can remember?

A team in the top 5 or top 10 dropping to a sub .500 season?

A team that was ranking really low climbing to top 5 or top 10 final ranking?[/quote

Fort Hancock in the late 80's, early 90's?

http://www.sixmanfootball.com/champ_scores.php

How did anybody know they were that good, there were no rankings then.

Be #1 after the last game.

Back