2017 UIL Preseason Rankings -- for real

I have been working on my teams discipline for two years now. I think we have almost made the break through. Rome wasnt built in a day and changing culture takes a few years.

A lot of "Stand Up" teams have discipline and character issues as well no one shines a light on them how they do the teams in the "Deep east" for reasons unknown to me

Division 1
1. Union Hill
2. Happy
3. Garden City
4. Zephyr
5. Borden County
6. Jonesboro
7. Tioga
8. May
9. Sterling City
10. Abbott

Division 2
1. Richland Springs
2. Balmorhea
3. Milford
4. Valley
5. Strawn
6. Crowell
7. Calvert
8. Grandfalls-Royalty
9. Follett
10. Petersburg

and there we have it, the top-10.... more info coming on Monday and all of next week.

I see Richland Springs over Milford as THE game, sorry Balmorhea , Coyotes have your #,
If healthy, Union Hill vs Zephyr for THE GAME, sorry Happy you choke again (your schedule is brutal!) Maybe Borden CO. in the final with Union Hill. Valley, Strawn , Garden City crash late in the season. AQUILLA IS THE CINDERELLA TEAM, maybe ABBOTT... Darkhorse.......Leveretts Chapel they have Tiogas' # , Avalon, (Coolidge?)Maybe,,, ABBOTT PANTHERS ARE COMING!!!!!

Petersburg is ok but they are no match for BC.
As for people saying we only have two starters coming back on offense, y'all keep thinking that. BC would rotate six fresh kids in and out of the games last year
We will surprise a lot of you guys this year!!

Yotedog":hjqq283o said:
Petersburg is ok but they are no match for BC.
As for people saying we only have two starters coming back on offense, y'all keep thinking that. BC would rotate six fresh kids in and out of the games last year
We will surprise a lot of you guys this year!!
Y'all have always had depth which will be a challenge but I believe in our boys just like you believe in yours. Sure hope BC doesn't overlook this matchup.

Our boys have never overlooked any opponent but these seniors have have a lot of doubt put on them from these outsiders. This group will get the respect they deserve. They have one of the best defensive players in the state, the best kicker in the state, a running back who had a season ending injury while playing defense that no one really knows about. Linemen that can handle anyone that lines up across from them. It will come down to speed and conditioning and everyone knows BC has that covered. "Respec All Frear None" BC 45's Petersburg

Please don't act like anyone is disrespecting BC here!

Anyone with a half a brain knows they will be as good as anyone this year. Great players, great staff, and great tradition will lead to another great year for the Coyotes.

So if you have to find some motivation from these rankings by all means...but understand BC will be just fine

Yotedog":2ofiolqf said:
Our boys have never overlooked any opponent but these seniors have have a lot of doubt put on them from these outsiders. This group will get the respect they deserve. They have one of the best defensive players in the state, the best kicker in the state, a running back who had a season ending injury while playing defense that no one really knows about. Linemen that can handle anyone that lines up across from them. It will come down to speed and conditioning and everyone knows BC has that covered. "Respec All Frear None" BC 45's Petersburg
Well it's good to see that BC has you backing them! Calling for a 45 this early... not too sure about that. I do know Petersburg respects your program, but I can promise you that they will not roll over because of a name. These boys are just as conditioned, returning two all state players, and only lost 1 kid from last year. It's 9:50 at night and they're still out working as I type this. Don't bite off more than you can chew, yote! See ya week 1!

smokeyjoe53":2s1ujzrk said:
I'll restrain myself from commenting.......... it's just too early in the season..........
That and the season hasn't started yet.
But were you referring to respect and fear?

51eleven":2rp6mwy7 said:
smokeyjoe53":2rp6mwy7 said:
I'll restrain myself from commenting.......... it's just too early in the season..........
That and the season hasn't started yet.
But were you referring to respect and fear?
No. I was referring to "Respec and Frear".............

Lol, fear. Fat fingers. Maybe calling for a 45 was a little much but looking at who y'all played last year and how many points were put up against you, the defense has to be a lot better to compete against BC.

Yotedog":2bop4cmm said:
Lol, fear. Fat fingers. Maybe calling for a 45 was a little much but looking at who y'all played last year and how many points were put up against you, the defense has to be a lot better to compete against BC.
If we can stay healthy all season long, I expect our defense to be stout. I know y'all will bring it because that's who BC is and like I said, Petersburg respects your program. We will just have to let the boys play it out! I like a little trash talk. Makes it fun! Good luck to y'all.

POLLS, YEA RIGHT!, HILLARY WAS TWO DIGITS AHEAD OF TRUMP............... Injuries, players quitting, playing your second string, coaches changing, wait till the middle of the season to decide what your champs for the regions are . Why care what other say, look at Abbotts ranking starting 2015, I say Bynum wins Regional ....... makes as much sense as you guys.......... no offence to Bynum,I liked playing against them in the 70's, they were rough. ( I had a knife pulled on me after our basketball game with them one year)

It is an absolute tradegy to see the division one State champs be ranked fifth with almost 8/12 starters back.
Kind of confusing to me espicially with the Dave Campell predicted coverboy to return and was an all state QB in Trace Richey. I know it is just a preseason rank so nothing to fuss to much about but I feel like no team shouldnt be ranked number 1 after winning a state title the previous year until they lose. They will be a foce to be reckoned with. Not saying they are Back to back state champs as it is to early to tell but they have a very good team and could do it under the coaching of Richey & Edwards. Also upset to to see the ole alma mater (IRA) isnt in the preseason top 10 but they did lose a lot. They have a lot of potential coming up sophmore standouts. Will be a fun year!

Back