2017 UIL Preseason Rankings -- for real

granger

Six-man expert
Founder
I decided since they are already done, I should go ahead and post them... I usually do not do this until August, but figured, why not?

Of course I will drag this out a bit, so today we go with the #1 preseason teams in both divisions.

One may be a surprise to some. The other, not so much.....

Division 1
1. Union Hill

Division 2
1. Richland Springs

Savoy Football":cuvkdjar said:
Runningback from Union Hill was tough last year. Will be tougher this year.

Probably. But I have seen the desire to excel in sports fade as some students age. Just sayin.
Statement should read "Should be" tougher. Not necessarily "Will be" tougher.

today's additions are dumb... everybody could predict this.

Division 1
1. Union Hill
2. Happy

Division 2
1. Richland Springs
2. Balmorhea

Johnny South":34cbq49o said:
Savoy Football":34cbq49o said:

Probably. But I have seen the desire to excel in sports fade as some students age. Just sayin.

In my 18 years of coaching, for every kid whose desire fades, there are 10 that the desire grows. This is a useless post just trying to be negative about a high school kid. You should be ashamed.

Johnny South":2abw2t2f said:
Savoy Football":2abw2t2f said:

That a pretty negative outlook to have on a kid. Especially one you've probably never met. Let's leave the analysis to the kid's coach. The desire in the kids has a lot to do with their coaching staff and they seem like a good group over at Union Hill.

CoachTJones":2rlrv3om said:
That a pretty negative outlook to have on a kid. Especially one you've probably never met. Let's leave the analysis to the kid's coach. The desire in the kids has a lot to do with their coaching staff and they seem like a good group over at Union Hill.
Sorry you saw it that way. It wasn't directed at any kid. It was to Savoy's statement. I try to analyze everything that I read.

Johnny South":3j5ljwd6 said:
CoachTJones":3j5ljwd6 said:
Sorry you saw it that way. It wasn't directed at the kid. It was to Savoy's statement. After "too much" paper grading I analyze everything that I read.

Or, you can just keep your negative $.02 to yourself and wish the kid well.

All I was saying is i seen this kid play play year and he was a stud. I just see him getting better. That kind of player only gets more hungry, not less.

granger":os10ts06 said:
I decided since they are already done, I should go ahead and post them... I usually do not do this until August, but figured, why not?

Of course I will drag this out a bit, so today we go with the #1 preseason teams in both divisions.

One may be a surprise to some. The other, not so much.....

Division 1
1. Union Hill

Division 2
1. Richland Springs
Might be Union Hill's last year in Six-man. Could go out with a bang.

Last year's class sizes according to TEA
11 28 - this years 12
10 36 - this years 11
9 25 - this years 10
8 30 - this years 9
7 25 - this years 8
6 29 - this years 7

So 9-12 they have 119 students
8-11 116 students
7-10 109 students
9-10 2X 110 Students

Have to get some kids to transfers out or be absent on count day to stay 1A.

Jones26":2iprtijq said:
I don't think Johnny South is from the west. He is making assumptions towards a kid in the east.
I don't think the original post was directed at a specific individual. I interpreted it as a general observation and agree with it in general. ...................

Can we get back on track?

Division 1
1. Union Hill
2. Happy
3. Garden City

Division 2
1. Richland Springs
2. Balmorhea
3. Milford

Division 1
1. Union Hill
2. Happy