2016 Champs

BigCzech":10i64fk5 said:
It's the "Calm Before The Storm".

The Abbott Panthers STORMS thru Coolidge. Traditions, Work ethics, Elite Coaching, and a desire to win in late October is what Abbott has always been about in years past.
Fresh off their state title, I see the Panthers getting up steam each district game heading into the playoffs.

I look for Abbott to make it to the state semi finals where they fall to Jonesboro.

Abbott 60
Coolidge 34

Gholson staves off playoff elimination by earning a hard fought game over Aquilla

Aquilla 26
Gholson 36

Kramer, at this point none of the other games matter. The Abbott/Coolidge game will determine 1st & 2nd. I would like to see Abbott win, but I think Coolidge wins it by 16+.

CowboyP":32d6ayg7 said:
Kramer, at this point none of the other games matter. The Abbott/Coolidge game will determine 1st & 2nd. I would like to see Abbott win, but I think Coolidge wins it by 16+.

CowboyP,

If Gholson wins out and say your hunch is correct and Coolidge beats Abbott (WHICH I HIGHLY DOUBT THEY DO) but wouldn't Gholson finish 2nd by Abbott losing 2 games and Gholson having 1 loss.

I know you are a die hard Aquilla fan and coolidge somehow scored alot of points on them, but I think you're wrong on this pick.
Abbott just understands how to win come district time, come playoff time. The Coaching at Abbott is top notch (elite) and they will have enough to over-power Coolidge.

Every time Coolidge loses they give up 60.
Abbott by 26
Abbott 60 - Coolidge 34

Watched the Abbott vs Coolidge games last night. Busted plays lead to at least 4 scores for the Jackets. Abbott rolled with the punches and just kept grinding away at them all thru the night. Although the Jackets lost they do, IMHO, look like there may be brighter days ahead. This match up should be a good one for the next several seasons. The Hoover kid, #10, is a very versatile player.

This set's up a good match up next week with Gholson and Abbott, in Abbott. I expect Abbott the continue to roll as they prepare for the playoffs. I also expect that Gholson would love to come into town and spoil the Panthers plans. A Gholson win would send the district into a 3 way tie. It should be a good game, but Abbott wins on Senior night.

Kramer":3cq4lx66 said:
CowboyP":3cq4lx66 said:

CowboyP,

If Gholson wins out and say your hunch is correct and Coolidge beats Abbott (WHICH I HIGHLY DOUBT THEY DO) but wouldn't Gholson finish 2nd by Abbott losing 2 games and Gholson having 1 loss.

I know you are a die hard Aquilla fan and coolidge somehow scored alot of points on them, but I think you're wrong on this pick.
Abbott just understands how to win come district time, come playoff time. The Coaching at Abbott is top notch (elite) and they will have enough to over-power Coolidge.

Every time Coolidge loses they give up 60.
Abbott by 26
Abbott 60 - Coolidge 34
Two things - first, I'm not a diehard Aquilla fan, and to be honest they have been extremely inconsistent. Second, I underestimated Abbott, but I still think that game decided 1st & 2nd - unless the Coolidge kids are ready to hit the hardwood.

Well, I guess that's settled.

Congrates to the 2016 District 14 Champion Abbott Panthers, and congrates to the runner up Coolidge Jackets.

Good luck in the playoffs and BTHO Avalon and Blum!!!

Back