2012 rankings

Waaaattttt!!! Luders-Avoca at 29 after beating Strawn in the playoff's last year? Don Hardin will never stand for this. Guru may get a nasty PM over that one. Follett at 4 with a new HC who's never been a HC before?
State semifinalist Sterling City at 12 returning just about everybody inclucing a all state rb and experienced coach I know has made it that far at least 2X? Valley at 4 and lost just about everybody?
Granger Sir, with all due respect what did you feed the toy this year? It may have indigestion.

Last year is last year. Opinion are like... well, I think you get the point. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

A lot of what I do involves actually creating the district results then going through and seeing who ends up where in the playoffs. I will give one example.... Sterling City. Moving up from D2. In a tough spot with a very good Water Valley team. It is a fairly common (and fair) belief that they will finish second in that district. That would mean a meeting with possibly Rankin in the first round of the playoffs. I think Rankin is slightly better... and they could be done. Sounds fair to me.

So it's the Abbott part of the ranking that you're upset with? ?Come on cowboy, everybody knows they're a top 10 team except for the guys at DCTF.

My above post was mostly in jest. I know nothing about the teams I listed other than what I've read here and in DCTF.
Forgot SC moved up, just hope Coach Parham does well. Hope Coach Ethrige does finish at 4, 3 or 2 - long as that's at least one position behind Strawn. From observing the site a few years I know the rankings coming out bring out a few comments. Some enlightning, some entertaining, some ridiculous. Just trying to prod the process along. I know the toy is an evolutinary process throughout the season and that Granger has developed a pretty thick skin about it based on some people's rants over the years.
Only one thing we know for sure. The rankings will change some every week starting next week until December.
All the teams but four (in UIL) can move up or down starting next week - depending on their performance.

51eleven":265ywhfv said:
Only one thing we know for sure. The rankings will change some every week starting next week until December.

That's the TRUTH

as for MY comments, I just wanted to remind people of the process... and yes, my skin is very thick. Probably more than most fans, since I don't really have any skin in the games (ok, I know that was bad)

bootleg33":2enwh7z6 said:
So it's the Abbott part of the ranking that you're upset with? ?Come on cowboy, everybody knows they're a top 10 team except for the guys at DCTF.
Top 10? No. I'd say 12 would be about right. Aquilla should be about 15. Just my opinion.

If everyone else is going to have their say then so am I.....................

The rankings look fine to me with two slight, very slight errors. Gordon should be at #1 in Div I and Strawn should be at #1 in Div II. This is the only logical way to rank them if you are looking at in from my perspective (Mingus).

OK, one more change I would make...Aquilla should be ranked #72 in Div I. I know, there are only 71 teams, but I will stand behind my opinion 100%.

Nothing against the Aquilla coach, players, teachers, administration or most of the fans but 1...you know who you are Cowboy.

ROFL

LET THE GAMES BEGIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy

Back