Would you kneel ?

Well thank you TD, but I really don’t need 5 minutes. I was not attention starved at home like so many are today. I’m perfectly comfortable with who I am, where I am in life and happy and Blessed with all that I have. I know there are those that weren’t as fortunate and blessed as I. You can see them in the streets and on social media screaming and crying and cussing and yelling, trying somehow to justify their existence while a world of productive, hard working, conservative people that are making a positive impact and contribution on their communities pass them by.
Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen, some people wonder what happened and sadly there are those that don’t realize anything happened at all.

Well thank you TD, but I really don’t need 5 minutes. I was not attention starved at home like so many are today. I’m perfectly comfortable with who I am, where I am in life and happy and Blessed with all that I have. I know there are those that weren’t as fortunate and blessed as I. You can see them in the streets and on social media screaming and crying and cussing and yelling, trying somehow to justify their existence while a world of productive, hard working, conservative people that are making a positive impact and contribution on their communities pass them by.
Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen, some people wonder what happened and sadly there are those that don’t realize anything happened at all.

Doesn’t bother me at all. You have had your five minutes which you really needed/wanted. Now move along. “Big city”.

Speaking of moving along, I stopped watching the NFL (national felons league) years ago, meaning I don’t tune in what I don’t like. Pretty simple.
Nobody Makes you come to this site. Nobody Makes you come to this thread. So tune out. Calm down. Maybe your nerves will settle down.

None of you late arrivals to this conversation have answered the original question of this thread. Which is:
WOULD YOU TAKE A KNEE DURING THE PLAYING OF THE NATIONAL ANTHEM ?
Until you answer that question and / or comment on the topic, you really don’t have anything to add. This was a discussion question so stick to the topic or go start another topic of your choosing.

I would absolutely take a knee, because the leader of this country told me I couldn't. And when Jesus comes back I want to be on the opposite side of where the leader of this country is headed.

Perfect example of left wing, liberal behavior. Can’t come up with a coherent argument so they resort to name calling and ignore the question at hand.
The question was and still is:
Would you take a knee or kneel when the National Anthem is played ?

Thats not name calling? Something about a kettle and a pot?? Didnt you threaten to shoot me? no sorry "Someones" gonna shoot me right...some gangbanger from the HOOD.... Typical crazy man behavior! And you dont answer questions honestly anyways....have you or have you not threatened to take your team and walk off the field if they attempted to 45 you? Now be honest Mr "Christian"

So I've had one of my young coaches kneel... I didn't know because he was opposite of me I found out through social media and my Principal of course. I was told we are required to stand, fair enough... So I spoke with my young coach. I am black, I served my country in the Army and believe we still have some serious racial injustice in our country. Some self inflicted, some just plain stupidity. I also believe the greatest thing about this country is how we somehow work things out. I have hope that eventually this will all be a conversation of history. Back to my young coach... I told him how much I agree with his reasoning to kneel BUT we (meaning blacks who feel there's an issue) can do more for the cause by continuing to raise young men who understand our struggle to become cops, judges, etc than expecting people to change their mind over a protest. Every action we take has an reaction or consequence. If he gets fired because he refuse to stand then the 20 young black men he coach will no longer have the benefit of his knowledge and influence. Eventually they will forget the coach who got fired for kneeling. Some things are worth risking it all but I rather him be on our sidelines and in practice pouring in all those great things he do than fired. We took it as a learning time and spoke about it publicly with our players. we listened and found out our kids are smarter than we even thought. So no I wouldn't kneel but I do recognize sometimes it is needed and thats another topic. Glad its being talked about.

Thanks coach, and thanks for your service and the oath we take to support and defend our country against all enemies foreign and domestic. If you had the opportunity to serve overseas, I believe that you can say, as I do that this is the greatest country in the world, despite our shortcomings.
Your response was exactly what I had hoped for when I started this thread. Your input is thoughtful, educated and compassionate. Exactly what is needed to hopefully move a divisive issue forward. Nothing will satisfy everyone but at least a discussion should be started so that all interested parties can have a civilized discussion.
Thanks again for your response, it’s obvious you care about people.

Back