World Series--Astros

Jack Buck--Joe Buck poppy--------------Rangers- St. Louis World Series...Joe Buck was so one sided,and still is,He was so much a Cardinal homer that series it was sickining...not so bad this series because houston was allways a NL team...Trick or Treat tomorrow......

markf":3m4v4b3s said:
Before we had the Rangers there was the Colt 45's and the Astros,i listened to a many a Gene Elston calls and dang i cant remember his sidekick [now your chunking}? Was all we had ,other than picking up Jack Buck fading in and out at night on radio..........

That would be "Loveable" Loel Passe, who I thought had to be the world's greatest homer.
(be sure to click on hear a clip of Loel Passe)
(Astro fans might want to click on hear a clip on all the announcers, many highlights here)
http://www.astrosdaily.com/files/MenMic
I was a fanatic fan from the very beginning, listened to all these guys. Have had my heart ripped out many, many times.
This has been a great year.
WS Games two and five, "unbelievable"
Hopefully this is the Astros year to win it all.

Thanks for the countdown and well wishes
World Series Champs
Has a nice ring to it
Congratulations Houston Astros
What a great team

Well, I hate the Astros but credit has to be given where credit is due. The Rangers will be back on top soon though, we just need a starter or two to pair with Hamels and Cashner (assuming JD is smart enough to ink him to a long-term deal). Houston is young but Texas is even younger. The offensive core of Gallo, Mazara, Odor and Calhoun will be murdering baseballs for a long time, and are all 23 or younger. Not to mention the speedsters Andrus and DeShields who are 29 and 25, and a bullpen with several young flamethrowers. I hope that the Rangers-Astros becomes the rivalry that was intended when the MLB moved Houston to the AL. So far its just been one team dominating the other, but now both teams are young and talented. It should be fun to watch!

granger":1co8d14c said:
#winning

I've cried several times over the past 15 hours re-watching highlights and celebrations... I am not going to get greedy. I am just going to appreciate this. I never thought I would see this day.

Of course my wife is already analyzing and fretting over this page
https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/HOU/houston-astros-salaries-and-contracts.shtml
Enjoy it,i would cry as well,when i was a kid the family would watch Miss America,the winner would always cry,at that time i could not understand,she just won,why is she crying? well now i do,i still cry for game 6,but thats another type cry,hopefully some day,i will be able to cry for joy like you,Nelson Cruz aka Bill Buckner.One thing good for the Rangers,they helped the Astros win the World Series by trading Darvish to LA,,lol....Happy to see a world series champion from our great state,just wish it was just 239 miles to the north,,
When is the parade?

Game 7 reminded me of the only historic game I've seen in person, in reverse, sort of.
The 5 run explosion, then nothing. LA got excited over their one run, the fans tried to rally them in the 7th and 8th. But otherwise the tension just kept building. And it kept getting quieter and quieter there. I didn't want to mention it out loud to DSW. Until the last out. Then Houston exploded, the team onto the field in LA, and I'm sure the whole costal region along with the city itself.
In June 1990 I got free Rangers tickets when I checked out at Wynn Dixie. Next day I saw Nolan Ryan was pitching. Cool! It started getting quiet in the sixth. Down to whispers in the 7th and 8th. Then virtual silence in the 9th. Until the last out. Then the old Arlington Stadium exploded. No Hitter # 6.
Not the same as "World Champions". But it was still suspenseful, and Historic.

51eleven":2ogarppd said:
Game 7 reminded me of the only historic game I've seen in person, in reverse, sort of.
The 5 run explosion, then nothing. LA got excited over their one run, the fans tried to rally them in the 7th and 8th. But otherwise the tension just kept building. And it kept getting quieter and quieter there. I didn't want to mention it out loud to DSW. Until the last out. Then Houston exploded, the team onto the field in LA, and I'm sure the whole costal region along with the city itself.
In June 1990 I got free Rangers tickets when I checked out at Wynn Dixie. Next day I saw Nolan Ryan was pitching. Cool! It started getting quiet in the sixth. Down to whispers in the 7th and 8th. Then virtual silence in the 9th. Until the last out. Then the old Arlington Stadium exploded. No Hitter # 6.
Not the same as "World Champions". But it was still suspenseful, and Historic.
Nice story, thanks. Nolan is someone Ranger and Astro fans share (all controversy aside)
2 no-hitters for the Rangers, 1 for the Astros, number retired by both.
The power of 34.
In this year's World Series Dodgers scored 34 runs, Astros scored 34 runs.
Dodgers won 3, Astros won 4. (34) O.K. that's a stretch.
For what it's worth. I pulled for the Rangers in 2010, 2011 (That may be why they lost)

olderelk":1zxry9a5 said:
markf":1zxry9a5 said:
Before we had the Rangers there was the Colt 45's and the Astros,i listened to a many a Gene Elston calls and dang i cant remember his sidekick [now your chunking}? Was all we had ,other than picking up Jack Buck fading in and out at night on radio..........

That would be "Loveable" Loel Passe, who I thought had to be the world's greatest homer.
(be sure to click on hear a clip of Loel Passe)
(Astro fans might want to click on hear a clip on all the announcers, many highlights here)
http://www.astrosdaily.com/files/MenMic
I was a fanatic fan from the very beginning, listened to all these guys. Have had my heart ripped out many, many times.
This has been a great year.
WS Games two and five, "unbelievable"
Hopefully this is the Astros year to win it all.
olderelk,this is somewhat off topic,Do you recall listening to Southwest Conference Football on radio on the Humble football Network? If so,the Great Connie Alexander has to be one the greatest play by play man ever,as a kid I would listen to him call games with my plastic hutch football helmet on that my Dad painted the Longhorn on both sides..lol

markf":d0pe6jrm said:
olderelk,this is somewhat off topic,Do you recall listening to Southwest Conference Football on radio on the Humble football Network? If so,the Great Connie Alexander has to be one the greatest play by play man ever,as a kid I would listen to him call games with my plastic hutch football helmet on that my Dad painted the Longhorn on both sides..lol
My goodness, yes. Connie Alexander certainly was a great play by play man, but I'm older than you and got a head start listening to the games. Kern Tips was the voice of the SWC for many years. I loved it when he would get the Baylor game. If I had never heard him I would go with Connie. You're a man after my own heart.

Back