Little League World Series

cowboyfan40

11-man fan
Congrats to McAllister LL for advancing to the semi-finals in the LLWS. They are the 1st team from San Antonio to qualify for the LLWS. They won all 3 of their 1st round games, even beating the team from Cali who is suppose to be the US favorite to advance to the title. The team from Cali has a 6'2" kid who throws what is equivalent to a 100mph fastball.

Go McAllister LL! Playing in the National Championship Game now. They won last night without their best hitter, he was out with 102 degree fever. He has the record right now for the highest batting average in the LLWS with a minimium of 15 at bats, is ONLY hitting .700.

I coached in SA with a guy, Kevin Smisek, whose son Nick is the second baseman. He's the kid who hit a grand slam a few nights ago. It's been fun to watch since there is a small connection and to see an old friend jumping up and down in the stands when his kid does great.

I did email him to remind him he's lost the high ground when dealing with over zealous and crazy parents for the rest of his career...

Good luck to San Antonio McAllister Park in the US championshihp game.

The paper today said the 2nd baseman was the Ace of the pitching staff until a couple of weeks ago when a elbow injury forced him to play 2nd. The team from top to bottom represent SA and Texas proudly..........

Old Bearkat":3i8m5y0m said:
How did that SA team do in the LL World Series?

Won everything until they got to the final four ... lost to a California team they had previously beaten in the US finals and lost to a team from Mexico (Reynosa?) in the 3rd place game.

Kids are getting a parade on the San Antonio Riverwalk tonight; the sports page has a full page poster of the kids.

Back