Why The Silence?

Fan1324

11-man fan
I would love to know people's opinions on why the discussion boards are so quiet this year? Just ideas to start a discussion...

1. Gordon and Jayton are the clear favorites for state champions.
2. Drop in the over all talent pool this year, besides a few standouts and the number 1 ranked teams.
3. Rigdon playing 11man this year.
4. New alignments and people aren't sure where everyone stands yet.
5. Some of the perineal power houses are not so powerful this year.

I would love to know people's opinions on why the discussion boards are so quiet this year? Just ideas to start a discussion...

2. Drop in the over all talent pool this year, besides a few standouts and the number 1 ranked teams.
All the drama left I guess

The fact that Gordon is going to 45 every opponent for the next 2 years has certainly removed the excitement from Div 1. It's hard to watch a movie when you already know the ending, so we won't have much intrigue until the 2026 season.
I've never followed Div 2 very closely, but Rigdon kept me interested.
After looking at Gordon's schedule I would agree that they will 45 everyone in the first 10 games of the season. Not taking away from Gordon but their schedule is not very tough.

Everything you said has already been discussed...

A lot of people don’t get on here anymore because all it turns into is a bunch of know it alls telling people exactly how it is. It’s not about opinions anymore if someone gives an opinion then there are people lined up to run their mouths. Take Gordon for one, no doubt they are juggernaut’s right now but I’ve seen crazy things happen take when Abbott beat Crowell for instance, Nobody gave them a chance! Nobody gave us a chance when we beat May 3 years ago. I’m more focused on the fact that we ( Westbrook) was able to graduate 13 seniors and still are having a really good season and have as good of chance as any to return to the big dance! Whether that happens or not who knows and if it does no matter what happens in that game it would only be the third time to go 4 years in a row, something to be proud of. Just hoping everyone stays healthy and the Cats continue to roll on!

I think the exorbitant number of pop-ups has likely had an effect on message board participation as well. If you want to read anything on this site you have to battle 5 pop-ups first. I don't begrudge anyone for trying to make a profit, but the user experience is greatly affected.

The know it alls, trolls, and good ole fashioned pot stirring have always been the life of this message board. People are getting too sensitive when their team or point of view are "attacked" so less people do it. The invention of the Wesp and the knucklehead that kept bashing Gordon at every turn last year helped stir up the entertainment a little but its still been pretty dead around here if you are here to be entertained. It is great that we have this community for coaches to share, fill in schedules, and the other less entertaining constructive uses. Heck, I miss the concession stand frito pie reviews we used to get on here! And if we are talking about favorites to win out, the games have to be played because there's always a potential surprise around the corner.

I think the exorbitant number of pop-ups has likely had an effect on message board participation as well. If you want to read anything on this site you have to battle 5 pop-ups first. I don't begrudge anyone for trying to make a profit, but the user experience is greatly affected.

Where do you see popups? I turned the advertising over to an ad agency but I specifically told them I didn't want popups on the site. Also, when you're logged in you should actually see less ads than folks who aren't logged in. I definitely don't want to hinder the member experience too much but you're only the second person to say anything about the ads since I switched companies. The other one was The Wesp and I assumed he was mostly joking.

I definitely don't do this for the money. It could be another few years before I break even on everything I've spent, and we won't even talk about the time I spend working on this site on a daily basis, especially during the football season. I just now, this year, got back what I paid to Granger for the site, not counting the monthly expenses I pay for the site server, mail server, off-site backup storage, spam prevention, and software licensing fees.

Anyways, I only say all this because I don't want people thinking I'm some greedy douchebag who is sitting back, collecting a check, and getting rich off of this site, because that's simply not the case. The last several years it's pretty much made enough to pay for my fuel when I do go to games and for my week at the state championships.

Where do you see popups? I turned the advertising over to an ad agency but I specifically told them I didn't want popups on the site. Also, when you're logged in you should actually see less ads than folks who aren't logged in. I definitely don't want to hinder the member experience too much but you're only the second person to say anything about the ads since I switched companies. The other one was The Wesp and I assumed he was mostly joking.

I definitely don't do this for the money. It could be another few years before I break even on everything I've spent, and we won't even talk about the time I spend working on this site on a daily basis, especially during the football season. I just now, this year, got back what I paid to Granger for the site, not counting the monthly expenses I pay for the site server, mail server, off-site backup storage, spam prevention, and software licensing fees.

Anyways, I only say all this because I don't want people thinking I'm some greedy douchebag who is sitting back, collecting a check, and getting rich off of this site, because that's simply not the case. The last several years it's pretty much made enough to pay for my fuel when I do go to games and for my week at the state championships.

Attachments

• IMG_6825.webp
    IMG_6825.webp
    87.5 KB · Views: 14
It has been to dang quiet around here! I’m not sure where all the cowards have been hiding, but I would have to guess that coach Bagdon and coach Read are responsible! They don’t want the negative press getting out! Bullies! Frauds! I’m not scared of you guys!

Wildcats5769, I respect the loyalty to your team, but you gotta be bananas to think the wildcats will be at Jerry world come December! Too many great teams over in that region! Like Borden County, Happy, and Valley with their high powered NFL offense!

To answer your questions:

1. Gordan is an okay team, but you have to think that coach Terry’s son at Abbott will have a thing or 2 to say about them! The Heys boys at Benjamin will be prepared to slap around the Jayhawks come playoff time!

2. The talent in six man has been declining since I got out of school, but to be fair, there was nowhere to go but down from there!

3. Rigdon has been eating it up in crowded field football this season, it really makes you wonder what the Heys boys would do!

4. There are some interesting alignments, but if you’re confused on where a team stands, just ask me!

5. I have to agree here! Gordan has looked a little too sloppy for my taste! Westbrook also seems to be WAY down this year! Crazy!

Big Mike I would pay you some extra money for this site, but I help out all of these six man schools for free! But just to be transparent with everyone, I did see big Mike driving around in a brand new convertible down the road the other day! So do whatever you want with that information!

It has been to dang quiet around here! I’m not sure where all the cowards have been hiding, but I would have to guess that coach Bagdon and coach Read are responsible! They don’t want the negative press getting out! Bullies! Frauds! I’m not scared of you guys!

Wildcats5769, I respect the loyalty to your team, but you gotta be bananas to think the wildcats will be at Jerry world come December! Too many great teams over in that region! Like Borden County, Happy, and Valley with their high powered NFL offense!

To answer your questions:

1. Gordan is an okay team, but you have to think that coach Terry’s son at Abbott will have a thing or 2 to say about them! The Heys boys at Benjamin will be prepared to slap around the Jayhawks come playoff time!

2. The talent in six man has been declining since I got out of school, but to be fair, there was nowhere to go but down from there!

3. Rigdon has been eating it up in crowded field football this season, it really makes you wonder what the Heys boys would do!

4. There are some interesting alignments, but if you’re confused on where a team stands, just ask me!

5. I have to agree here! Gordan has looked a little too sloppy for my taste! Westbrook also seems to be WAY down this year! Crazy!

Big Mike I would pay you some extra money for this site, but I help out all of these six man schools for free! But just to be transparent with everyone, I did see big Mike driving around in a brand new convertible down the road the other day! So do whatever you want with that information!
Yes sir way down! Is sad to be honest. I mean we got beat by the team that without a doubt will hoist the D2 trophy this year and beat up on a couple of really good ball clubs in Jonesboro and Rankin. We are digging deep and trying just can’t seem to get it together, but coach will figure it out. Good thing is we have 7 games to figure it out.

Your doing great Mike. Keep up the good work!

I see these two pop-ups every time I visit this site, the Hulu ad takes up the bottom part of the page and the protein ad is always on the right. The worst part is once you close them out and click on a message board topic, they both pop back up again.

Attachments

• IMG_1930.webp
    IMG_1930.webp
    134 KB · Views: 39
Back