Who's got the best player in the state

All you have to do is watch Issiah's highlights.... amazing ball skills. I know he is getting some D1 scholarship looks. If you havent seen them, go to see last years on Maxpreps. Stronger and faster this year too!

Just because he plays in TAPPS - he doesnt get a lot of love from this board.

I would offer up #22 Jaden Jefferson from Baytown Christian Academy as one of the best in the State. Jaden is a legit “beast” pass rusher. He is a 6’ 1”, 165lb LB/DE for the Bulldogs. His athleticism and closing speed is sensational. He has made All-State spread backs look “below average” with his superior rushing skills. I hope that all of you get the chance to watch him play. In my opinion, he’s got D1 ability as a defensive end or outside linebacker “if” he can add some bulk. Otherwise, his body type fits best as a safety.

Not to dimish the young mans ability and what he’s done for BC, but you’re lying to yourself if you think a 6’1” 165lb kid is going to be a D1 prospect at DE or OLB.

GeauxTigers":1uy6e7ge said:
I would offer up #22 Jaden Jefferson from Baytown Christian Academy as one of the best in the State. Jaden is a legit “beast” pass rusher. He is a 6’ 1”, 165lb LB/DE for the Bulldogs. His athleticism and closing speed is sensational. He has made All-State spread backs look “below average” with his superior rushing skills. I hope that all of you get the chance to watch him play. In my opinion, he’s got D1 ability as a defensive end or outside linebacker “if” he can add some bulk. Otherwise, his body type fits best as a safety.

Reagan Bownds was a 5'10 185 Raiderback (OLB) for Texas Tech in the late 90's. I guarantee he might've been 5'8 175. He was from Eldorado, TX. He got significant playing time. But you're right, most six man players won't be on any D1 colleges radar. You'll have to walk on if you want to play D1 for the most part.

Mexican Englishman":21l06tzv said:
I was thinking the same thing. Sorry parents, if you think your kid can play D1 football, you better enroll them in a 4A-6A program.

I remember watching a QB for a 2A team from Bremond by the name of Roshauud Paul win 3 straight championships for that school. At that time i really thought he was going to be outstanding and went on to play for Texas A&M still playing for them as a wide receiver and sometime returns the the ball but gets few playing opportunites. To see that kinda of talent struggle to get playing time It made me think of level of players you have to be to play D1 football. Not to say there is not any player out there in 1A who could not dedicate themselves to make it but it would be very hard to catch the attention of a D1 school.

Ben Crockett from Mclean is hands down the best all around player in the state. He can run, throw and catch and is one of the best tacklers I have ever seen at the high school level period, and I played tough 4-A ball in high school! The kid is 100% legit, has his biggest games against the best teams. If we weren’t done by half time every single week, he would be breaking rushing records and tackling records. There is zero doubt in my mind about this statement. Also, Chism Henderson from Mclean is the best defensive player in the state by far. Mclean is loaded with talent and i could go on and on.

Several of the mentioned best players could play college football but small college football would be to their benefit. They would get some playing time and hopefully get an education and a meaningful Degree which is more useful after the cheers and adulation goes away. In eleven man football any player can get lost in the numbers game. There is a new class of high school studs graduating and wanting to play college ball every year. It's a great time for these young men and it goes by real fast.

Again, Ben Crockett is the BEST PLAYER IN THE STATE! 373 yards rushing and 13 tackles against the #4 team in the state last night. Hands down, the best!

Back