Who's going State?

TexasTiger

Six-man fan
It' approaching the end of district play. The stronger teams have pulled away and weaker ones are falling behind. Who is going to state in D1? Sterling City is really strong but are they a dominate team that will go all the way? I'm curious for your input!

Probably not Richland springs heard half the teams out for 2 weeks cause of covid. Hate that for the players and hope none catch it or have it! Sucks cause a teacher has it they have to quarantine and possibly miss games even tho no ones showing Symptoms! Talk about throwing a wild card off the bottom of the deck!

Long time no see fellas! Just scrolling through the old message board and came across this post. Sweet T thought he would put his 1 cents in on this post. Sweet is still saying that no one in the state will take down them Rankin Red Devils. He think Game Travelers new pet Walter has a better chance of getting his walled fix than does any team beating Rankin. Rankin will put a spanking on an average SC team that scraped by an average Westbrook team so SC was the better of the average teams in the state last Friday. Sweet not trying to hurt peoples feelings by saying they are average but he knows we live in a very sensitive world these days. The meerkat world has become that way too

Sweet T is now singing the Journey song "Don't Stop Believing" that is his theme song for Rankin this year.
He also thinks that Jonesboro will come out of the east to play Rankin. The east is not very impressive this year. They all play them easy schedules to pad their records over there. Sweet as of now is going with Jonesboro but he said that could change. Just like he has since surgery. I tell you what since that surgery, Sweet T is a new kind of Meerkat. I will get into that another day. I hope to hear GT thoughts on this post.
Oldfolks I hope you are doing well at the nursing home. I am sure your enjoying your jello and crackers for your afternoon snacks right now.

Later Fellas!

Hello SFA. Almost chocked on my crackers over you talking about teams padding their schedule. Rankin is playing who this week? They haven’t had to wash their uniforms in the last few weeks with that schedule. This year has been different. Hopefully one of a kind. My brother is out of town this week so I may have to stay here with these old people. Try to keep up with a couple of the games. Good luck to everyone and stay away from that Chinese virus. More later and take care of Sweet T.

Sweet T is a wise meerkat. Rankin is the team to beat. Everyone in the East is playing for second place.

Golden Oldies....take it easy on those crackers! You might want to chase them with some applesauce or grape juice. Sweet T is right about the East being as soft as charmin. They don’t play anyone.

SFA I wanted to tell you I caught Walter running into a female lion that had escaped the tiger rescue the other day. I had to call animal control but turns out his walled eye self finally saw it and went around it. Turns out I can’t get his eyes fixed cause my vision insurance doesn’t cover warthogs.....maybe when Biden and Harris are in the White House warthogs lives will matter too.

My picks are May will be playing Rankin in Jerry world and Rankin will raise the trophy!

Stay prickly!

Game Traveler and SFA, I not making my predictions yet. Don’t rule out the East. Remember last year. I will make my predictions again on Christmas Eve when my family get me out of the old folks home and feeds me food with seasoning in it. Y’all take care of Sweet T and Walter. Later.

Game Traveler":oagpzer1 said:
Sweet T is a wise meerkat. Rankin is the team to beat. Everyone in the East is playing for second place.

Golden Oldies....take it easy on those crackers! You might want to chase them with some applesauce or grape juice. Sweet T is right about the East being as soft as charmin. They don’t play anyone.

SFA I wanted to tell you I caught Walter running into a female lion that had escaped the tiger rescue the other day. I had to call animal control but turns out his walled eye self finally saw it and went around it. Turns out I can’t get his eyes fixed cause my vision insurance doesn’t cover warthogs.....maybe when Biden and Harris are in the White House warthogs lives will matter too.

My picks are May will be playing Rankin in Jerry world and Rankin will raise the trophy!

Stay prickly!
So Sterling City has beaten all comers and Rankin is the better team? Is this a gut feeling thing or just a loyalty thing? Sterling City seems to be taking care of business. May does look to be pretty good this year and Jonesboro is hanging around again. Stay tuned.

SC and May met for the first game of the year and there was only a four point difference. If May had completed their extra points it would have been a different game. I don't see the East as soft, but time will tell. I believe SC will take the West.

I'll take my chances with Leakey and the Happy Cowboys.

The west is going to be extremely difficult to get out of but the Cowboys should be primed and ready. I feel they have had to compete with a tough group of teams over not just this past season but the last few, good group of boys playing for that team.

East is always a toss-up for me, however with all the SC love the 1-point loser of Leakey to SC should be a heavy Eastern favorite, next to May and Jonesboro.

Shall be a fun playoff season, lots of quality teams this year.

You know the one team out west that you should not lose sight of is Knox City. They are relatively small and extremely quick. Because of their size they will have to be content to just out score teams. But man they can put some points on the board. Don't think they will get to AT&T, but they could sure upset a team or two before bowing out.

Game Traveler and SFA, getting ready for the playoffs. My brother is going to get me out of the old folks home this weekend and take me somewhere. I have narrowed my picks down to 32 in Division I and 32 in Division II. Y’all take care of Sweet T and Walter. More later when my list gets shorter.

In the West round one winners
Sterling City
Borden County
Westbrook
Rankin
Happy
Knox City
White Deer
Garden City
I dont know much about the East will Guess a list in a bit... what do youll think

Old Folks Home, thank you for worrying about Walter. He is doing good now that I got him fenced in and he cant get out to the Big Cat Habitat. That dude has a death wish or something sheesh!

Oldies, I am glad you are getting out and about this week for a game, good thing you dont live in New York! You have all that time to yourself in your room and you have just now narrowed your picks to 32! You must have found some sweet honey down the hall or something? Please tell us your picks.

Mine are as follows:
The WILD WILD WEST:
Happy
Knox City (CHAD MCGHEE I believe!!!)
Borden Co
White Deer
Garden City
Westbrook
Sterling City
Rankin

BEAST FROM THE EAST:
Saint Jo
Blum
Abbott
Bryson
May
Jonesboro
Leakey
Water Valley

Thats how I see it Girls and Germs!

Stay Prickly

I will go with all of your DI picks except Bryson. I will pick Union Hill to win.

In DII:

Follett
Anton
Klondike
Groom
Balmorhea
jayton
Motley County
Sierra Blanca
Throckmorton
Strawn
Gordon
Fannindel
Calvert
Brookesmith
Richland Springs
Oakwood

Game Traveler, I agree with Blue Bird, kbjoe1, and Grainger in DI. In DII, I’m going to stay with Grainger but Brookesmith and Gordon are so close as Blue Bird picked. He also picked Sierra Blanca. Maybe I will be a little more original next time. That sweet honey might have made these picks. Hope I don’t get sick this weekend eating greasy cheeseburgers and BBQ instead of that unseasoned old folks home food.

Who's going to state? I wonder if anyone will. Alabama and LSU, A&M & Tennessee postponed. A Fort Worth judge recommends canceling all sports events because cases are surging in the DFW area. This would include Jerry World in Arlington. If the UIL shuts down 6A they would shut down 1A.

Back