Who Will Go

SiXmAnMaDnEsS

11-man fan
People will hate me for this. But can McLean and Happy make playoffs? And I know McLean is bad, but after I saw them beat Hart, I think they can beat Miami and Naz. And Happy, district is yours.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Naz makes the playoffs this year, Miami is kind of down after a good few years and McLean has yet to put it all back together so I wouldn't be surprised if the Swifts make their first Six-Man playoff trip this year.

Looking at it from a rankings point of view.
If it goes according to who is supposed to win.......(and that may or may not happen) then the Guru, based on this weeks rankings, has.....
11 Happy
36 Nazareth
38 Miami
48 Hart
49 McLean

From my computer toy rankings, I have.
19 Happy
39 Miami
40 Nazareth
56 McLean
58 Hart

so that tells me that Happy should win district, and that Naz and Miami will battle it out for 2nd. But McLean, having already beat Hart, could figure out a way to make it a 3 way tie for second? or take 2nd outright with a couple of upsets.
Very Interesting

smiley-signs136.gif

Happy is the strongest team in the district by far this year...The second team going to the playoffs is between Nazareth and Miami...Miami plays poorly against good teams this year...Nazareth hasn't been impressive either..I'm going with Miami for the 2nd spot.

Happy wins this district hands down
I believe 2nd place will go to McLean/Nazareth.
I'm giving the slightest of margins to Nazareth to finish 2nd place

If strength of scheduling plays a part, then Nazareth will win. Their schedule is pretty brutal (petersburg, Valley, Ropes, Groom, Meadow).

McLean lost to Hedley (no one is suppose to lose to Hedley), lost to silverton,

Old Bearkat":2wemji3i said:
Naz won a district title in 6 man in 1959. Miami beat them in the bi-district game.

Really? Wow from talking to people from Naz you would never get the impression they played anything but 11-man

wths":1esk24hc said:
Old Bearkat":1esk24hc said:
Naz won a district title in 6 man in 1959. Miami beat them in the bi-district game.

Really? Wow from talking to people from Naz you would never get the impression they played anything but 11-man

They started out in 6 man in 1956, played it until 1961, then played 8 man through the 1963 season before going to 11 man in 1964. They won district as a 6 man school in 1959 beat by Miami in bi-district, and then won district in 8 man in 1963, beat Wellman in bi-district and lost to Darrouzett in regional. They did not get into the playoffs again until 1983.

Good job by McLean...the last two district games are ahead of them with the foes being a bit more harder to tackle. Yes one more win in two weeks may seal it forever who wins that contest. Don't expect them to beat the Cowboys!

McLean or Miami will for sure take second seat! But Happy is for sure taking top seat! No doubt about that. If McLean can't stop Miami from scoring it won't be good.

Happy and Miami remain on tract...next weeks match of the Warriors and Tigers should decide it and be the most competitive match of the district.

Back