Who is the biggest surprise this year?

How about Guthrie?
"Good' in recent years. Through 8 games, 4 shutouts, 47 pts. total in the other 4. 45'd everybody but (now) # 9 Paducah who they 43'd.

Grandfalls and Strawn are the biggest surprises to me...both are looking at the high possibility of not making the playoffs

The flips side of that...May is a surprise again to me...only returning a few starters from last years squad to be in the hunt for the East AGAIN!...Buena Vista in DII

Throckmorton is a little surprising to me. Lost a lot of starters, new coach, changing Divisions. I felt they would be competitive but they have exceeded that by quite a bit.....................................

51eleven":iaf2vowd said:
How about Guthrie?
"Good' in recent years. Through 8 games, 4 shutouts, 47 pts. total in the other 4. 45'd everybody but (now) # 9 Paducah who they 43'd.

My thoughts also.

Everyone should have expected Throck to be tough! Even with one of the best sixman Coaches leaving the program and the loss of some major talent they still have EVERYONE in the town involved and pushing those playing this year to be the best. Tradition doesn't graduate!!!

Best of luck to both squads!! I hope my Cats get to share AT&T stadium with either crew in December.

I agree that Strawn not making the playoffs suprised me. Grandfalls, however, did not. Because Strawn has suprised me on not making the playoffs, I would have to include Gordon on making the playoffs. They have, it seems, improved into a really strong team this year. In recent weeks, Blanket has improved to the point that they may surprise a few folks in the playoffs.

Like Wildcat said you can never be surprised by Throck's success. It started in 04-05 and that train hasn't slowed down since. Same thing in RS. It becomes and expectation.

Back