Biggest surprises thus far?

Lets keep this as more of a positive thread.

Who do y'all have as your biggest surprises thus far?

Mine so far is Crowell
How well Sidney did against Richland Springs was a shock. When is the last time RS was behind at halftime? The beginning of the game was no indicator. RS kicked off, the receiver lost the ball, and RS scored. All of this in 19 seconds. Once Sidney recovered an onsides kick, Mr. MO came to town and Sidney realized they might have a chance. Then, the Sidney Coach discovered his son could make it round the corner and it was Katie bar the door. Every play was played at 110% by both teams. RS had players playing hurt, and a few Sidney players looked exhausted. Both teams gave their all.

How well Sidney did against Richland Springs was a shock. When is the last time RS was behind at halftime? The beginning of the game was no indicator. RS kicked off, the receiver lost the ball, and RS scored. All of this in 19 seconds. Once Sidney recovered an onsides kick, Mr. MO came to town and Sidney realized they might have a chance. Then, the Sidney Coach discovered his son could make it round the corner and it was Katie bar the door. Every play was played at 110% by both teams. RS had players playing hurt, and a few Sidney players looked exhausted. Both teams gave their all.
They were behind last year in round 2 58-0 at the half .

Sidney will be much better next year. They are a developing team but they play as a team and have fun playing this game. They are a great group of hardworking kids.

The biggest surprise so far is Chester, followed by Brontë, and Milford even though I pick them to win by four.
I did not realize that both Chester was picked to lose by the mercy rule. I knew Bronte was. They ruined my playoff pick'em this week. I picked Milford to win. Valley was also a suprise I though they had a chance to win after their close game to Knox City.

I did not realize that some games were gonna be played on Saturday. So, now I have to change my original opinion and agree that Chester winning is the biggest surprise followed by Bronte.

Coach Grant really has done a great job bringing Sidney to a new level!

The biggest surprise for me is how bad The Toy is doing in the pick 'em. After last year being in the top 25, this year it's currently sitting at #61. More than that, though, is how well it's doing in points amongst other folks with the same record, and even some of those with a better record. Last year the point spreads killed it. This year its average point spread is 13.6. I'll take that all day...now it just needs to start picking the right winners.

Back