Who in D1 and D2 will make it to the semifinals

correction Bingham has been to state 3 times 07,11,19
Apologies, I knew they won state in the 2000's but didn't realize Coach Bigham was there that far back. I was looking at records at lonestarfootball.com and didn't scroll back far enough. So he's won the big one before, and been to jerryworld since. All them Matador Cowboys are coming hard and fast in spite of the koches back to the Star.

MC has been more dominant in their wins, 45'ing all comers. Just judging by the scores of the two teams. 72-0 and 90-12 the last two weeks are not accidents or running up the score, the are evidence of their ability to dominate. Coach Bigham is warming them up as he well should. He's been to the big dance twice. He knows. If you have the team to do it they should roll into the playoffs with confidence. That they can compete in a shootout if it ever comes down to one.
All comers? They beat Westbrook by 16 while Westbrook had 5 turnovers. MC is a great team but that game was closer than the score

I love how everyone is sleeping on Westbrook lol. Haven’t been healthy since the WV game. This week we are finally 100% and are looking forward to Friday nights showdown with the Eagles. SC is a great team but our boys are ready!
I don't think Westbrook is the only team people are "sleeping on"

I love how everyone is sleeping on Westbrook lol. Haven’t been healthy since the WV game. This week we are finally 100% and are looking forward to Friday nights showdown with the Eagles. SC is a great team but our boys are ready!
good luck to Westbrook hope it's a healthy battle between the 2 teams!

All comers? They beat Westbrook by 16 while Westbrook had 5 turnovers. MC is a great team but that game was closer than the score
My mistake. I was looking at the MC schedule/scores and didn't pay close enough attention. So MC and Strawn both won over Westbrook by 16. An odd coincidence.

WV and May have lots of similarities. Both big ,physical, and fast. It’s a toss up between them. I don’t know much about Abbott. From the west, if Westbrook is healthy, I don’t see anyone beating them from the west. They should’ve 45’d Sterling at the half, got a little comfortable and almost blew it. Westbrook still has the more balanced team of the two.

WV and May have lots of similarities. Both big ,physical, and fast. It’s a toss up between them. I don’t know much about Abbott. From the west, if Westbrook is healthy, I don’t see anyone beating them from the west. They should’ve 45’d Sterling at the half, got a little comfortable and almost blew it. Westbrook still has the more balanced team of the two.
I agree with this whole post. People look at Westbrooks schedule and just overlook them because of the record. Westbrook and County had the Toughest Regular Season schedule. A Healthy Westbrook is Dangerous! Water Valley and May will play each other to punch their ticket to State. No Team on the Southside of the bracket can hang with either team. Mark my words. Go look at The schedules of Jonesboro, Abbott, Water Valley, Sterling City, May....All these games were over at half or after half...These Teams are all Amazing Teams.....But, have played no one aside one good team all season. Will be Interesting to see how it plays out. Hopefully injury free for Everyone!!

I agree with this whole post. People look at Westbrooks schedule and just overlook them because of the record. Westbrook and County had the Toughest Regular Season schedule. A Healthy Westbrook is Dangerous! Water Valley and May will play each other to punch their ticket to State. No Team on the Southside of the bracket can hang with either team. Mark my words. Go look at The schedules of Jonesboro, Abbott, Water Valley, Sterling City, May....All these games were over at half or after half...These Teams are all Amazing Teams.....But, have played no one aside one good team all season. Will be Interesting to see how it plays out. Hopefully injury free for Everyone!!
Borden County*

MC has been more dominant in their wins, 45'ing all comers. Just judging by the scores of the two teams. 72-0 and 90-12 the last two weeks are not accidents or running up the score, the are evidence of their ability to dominate. Coach Bigham is warming them up as he well should. He's been to the big dance twice. He knows. If you have the team to do it they should roll into the playoffs with confidence. That they can compete in a shootout if it ever comes down to one.
Might rethink that "45'ing all comers" statement. Week 1 was a 16 point win over a Westbrook team missing a couple starters I believe.
Motley County is the class of D2 (along with Strawn) but they have NOT 45'd all comers this year. Just ask anyone from Westbrook.

No disrespect, just discussion here. Not sure how you can say the May and WV have only played one “good” team all season. Depends on how you define “good” I guess? They have both played and beat 4 top 25 teams & two of those that WV & one May played are currently in the top 10 for D1. May's four were all top 20. Abbott & Jonesboro have the weakest schedule for sure. Jonesboro at least has played a couple of top 20 teams. Westbrook has played the most top 25 teams but they lost to 3 of the 5 D1 teams (yes I know they said they have some hurt players and yes this does make a difference). Anyway, all that to say that these teams do deserve the credit they are due! They have worked hard for it! And I definitely agree that we hope & pray it's injury free for all teams!

Last edited:
Back