Who can beat Abilene Christian?

6-manEagle123":pgayf0c2 said:
Ok their speed has been prooved and they are strong I haven't seen anyone be able to over power their front 3 end of story

End of what story? ACHS will be 45'd by Ira by the half. That will be the end of whatever story you are going on about.

That is true, but this year they seem to be more disciplined and athletic. It looks like they hit the weight room and it was also the transfers first year in 6-man. They're more fundamentally sound so it's looking promising this year for them.
But Ira looks better and faster than last year. Their running back is lightning fast and they have a great corner. I also saw the other brother that seems to have the potential to be great. They have already beat some good teams too. But to rainjacktx, top 30 in public? ACHS handled Newcastle, who was decently talented, with 2 of their best players out. I personally believe they'd be in top 10.

Alright, if that's how you feel
But I can guarantee those panthers will not be 45d by anyone definitely a team
That has no defense because achs will score no matter the team..

FootballFinatic11":2uv3ehxz said:
That is true, but this year they seem to be more disciplined and athletic. It looks like they hit the weight room and it was also the transfers first year in 6-man. They're more fundamentally sound so it's looking promising this year for them.
But Ira looks better and faster than last year. Their running back is lightning fast and they have a great corner. I also saw the other brother that seems to have the potential to be great. They have already beat some good teams too. But to rainjacktx, top 30 in public? ACHS handled Newcastle, who was decently talented, with 2 of their best players out. I personally believe they'd be in top 10.

You guys might be a top 10 division II team, but until you beat a top D-I team, I'll stand by my original opinion. Just because there's a couple of guys on here chirping about the greatness of ACHS does not make them one of the better 6-man teams in the state.

Abilene Christian is currently ranked #18
def #177 Saint Jo 68-0
def #31 Newcastle 80-44
def #58 Rockwall Heritage 54-6
def #130 Willow Park Trinity 62-6
def #165 Woodson 64-0
Best win is over #31
Worst loss is from #0
average opponent rating is 191.56

Dallas The Covenant is currently ranked #11
def #32 Fredericksburg Heritage 61-30
def #154 Forestburg 66-6
def #149 Brenham Christian 57-0
def #48 Milford 58-14
lost to #3 Throckmorton 90-70
Best win is over #32
Worst loss is from #3
average opponent rating is 220.176

Bulverde Bracken Christian is currently ranked #9
def #14 Austin Hill Country 68-48
def #76 Houston Emery-Weiner 58-8
def #60 Tomball Rosehill 66-18
def #104 Round Rock Christian 62-0
def #147 New Braunfels Christian 55-0
Best win is over #14
Worst loss is from #0
average opponent rating is 212.256

Waco Live Oak is currently ranked #13
def #50 Bryan Allen Academy 55-24
def #93 Kennedale Fellowship 84-34
def #195 Waco Vanguard College Prep 55-6
def #54 Gustine 46-0
def #41 Dickinson Pine Drive 63-24
Best win is over #41
Worst loss is from #0
average opponent rating is 204.864

Austin Hill Country is currently ranked #14
lost to #9 Bulverde Bracken Christian 68-48
def #63 Avalon 88-40
lost to #1 Richland Springs 74-38
def #60 Tomball Rosehill 71-26
def #27 Kerrville Our Lady of the Hills 90-71
Best win is over #27
Worst loss is from #9
average opponent rating is 254.094

These are just words so I'm gonna end this with a nice original saying words mean nothing on the field.
So looks like I will just have to let this rest until the scores are posted and all doubts are gone about achs being great.

That is correct rainjacktx, they shouldn't be ranked that good until they beat a high ranked team. But I'm not chirping about them, I'm just telling you based on what I've seen.

But I've been watching football for along time, and ranking doesn't matter one bit. It's a computer that just inputs numbers and bases things off spreads. Teams could be differently matched so they do better against different teams.

Yes, these are all just words and words mean nothing on the field, but for just being words folks from Abilene sure do like to use them alot to puff up their team. Started last year and continues this year. Go back and look at posts from last year and nobody was going to touch ACHS because the QB was all-world and nobody could cover the receivers. As I recall the transfers were all kids who had 11-man playoff experience or something like that.

Anyway, since this is a message board, all we have are words...so keep 'em coming...but don't hide if they lose to Ira or they aren't hoisting the trophy above their heads in December.

What? Abilene folks start chirping about how they are the best and fastest team on here and pose the question, who can beat them? Then a few people say, hey, maybe these teams can. Then the ACHS fans go bananas that we will show you. blah. blah. blah.

Hey, ACHS has a great team. What's wrong with being one of the best in the state? Why does everything have to be a fight about who is #1? When it iall gets said and done, the Eagles will have had a wonderful year if they are ranked 1 or 4 in TAPPS.

Why does everything have to be a fight about who is #1...really? This isn't kiddie soccer where we don't keep score and everyone is a "winner". This is big-boy football and I believe every team, especially those who know they have a talented squad, has their eye on the ultimate prize. Nobody remembers # 4, but # 1 lives forever in history.

Glory Days...before they become old, fat & bald, live in caves, smoke cigars and end up looking like dogs, worshiping the devil and praying for rain, spouting fanatical ideas on a message board all day.

Back