While on the subject of TYLER ETHRIDGE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let Goob be Goob. And let Rainjack be himself. I will try not to appear to sensor anyone's comments but my own. You guys are fun to read and the reactions of the rest of us are a direct result of your entertaining thoughts.

I need to read these posts! Cant say why, dont know why. Fact is ya'll inspire my emotions and passions for sixman and as a result bring great fun to my day. KEEP IT UP!

I hope and pray I only offend anyone superficially, like a plucking of a hair. My only response is to pluck one from you in return, then we both grin .

I consider Goob my brother. I consider Rainjack my brother. All my past antagonists I now see as sporting opponents only. Ohhh, make no mistake, I want nothing worse than to beat up my opponents on the field, court and track. Yes, I strive for mate of the King and capture of his Queen. But I dont hate him, just hate losing and not putting up a fight. I feel most alive when hitting and being hit.

I love you guys and the passion you bring forth, but remember we are still on the same team ultimantly.I admire all your passionant words. Allow me a few.

And if and when we meet from across the field...last one cracked mops the tears.

BE":2ilffg37 said:
Let Goob be Goob. And let Rainjack be himself. I will try not to appear to sensor anyone's comments but my own. You guys are fun to read and the reactions of the rest of us are a direct result of your entertaining thoughts.

I need to read these posts! Cant say why, dont know why. Fact is ya'll inspire my emotions and passions for sixman and as a result bring great fun to my day. KEEP IT UP!

I hope and pray I only offend anyone superficially, like a plucking of a hair. My only response is to pluck one from you in return, then we both grin .

I consider Goob my brother. I consider Rainjack my brother. All my past antagonists I now see as sporting opponents only. Ohhh, make no mistake, I want nothing worse than to beat up my opponents on the field, court and track. Yes, I strive for mate of the King and capture of his Queen. But I dont hate him, just hate losing and not putting up a fight. I feel most alive when hitting and being hit.

I love you guys and the passion you bring forth, but remember we are still on the same team ultimantly.I admire all your passionant words. Allow me a few.

And if and when we meet from across the field...last one cracked mops the tears.

To that, I couldn't agree more.
Here's to a great 2014-15 season.
Best to all.
Except for the pesky Coyotes that is...

Ain't nothin wrong with tootin your own horn. Read my posts and I think you will find that I toot a lot of fellas horns. That didn't come out right!??

My sixman heroes are many, not just Coyotes. I learned from Mitch, Robert and Dwaine Lee, Doyle Clawson, Coach Campbell. Programs like Cherokee, Panther Creek, Gordon, Whitharral and Highland have taught me much. I named my plays Whitharral, Aspermont and Coyote. Added one today we may call Ira, because it wounded Crowell so badly last year. May use another and call it Water Valley because York killed me with it at Jayton. Something I picked up from Brett Tyler helped me compete with Valley last year.

Me and Ty studied film on Lyle, Bo, Hoskins and Bryce, and a spreadback at Zephyr whose name I have forgotten but whose amazing abilities I will never lose.

Weigh the Vance Jones', Coylin Grimes and Jerry Burkhart teams.

I named my sons after Tyler Tabor, James J. Braddock and Gen. Braxton Bragg. And one daughter carries Ronald Reagan's moniker. I recognize the best. Every player and coach I name is someone I studied because I admired what they do and did. Please dont forget Mike Reed.

And Tyler is the best player overall. Conversation is the proof. Not knocking the Amhearst stud. Earl was a prodigy. Watch film on these guys and they will blow your britches off. None more than Earl, Cujo, Campbell, Reeves, Simpson, Jackson, Richburg and Farquar to name a few. And they are few in number. That statement does not trivialize all those who play sixman. Anyone who plays football, runs CC and track are the cream of the athletic crop to me.

Hell BE, you dropped enough names there you can't go wrong. There's something for everyone. Even managed to squeeze in the WV so, heck, I can't even complain. Besides, TE is not the Coyote I have a problem with anyway, I'm still mad at that Jared Hicks for running all over us in Eden back in 2003. You don't remember? Ask Tipton, I'm sure he does.

Here's a few novel ideas:

Rather than continually speaking of the past "best teams, programs, players," why don't we exhaust our knowledge and resources in creating a better future for Sixman football? I'm still confused on how Arena Football gets so much national exposer and Sixman doesn't. Is it because no one has the vision to take it to the next level? I know Mike Reed has put forth efforts in marketing our league. Why haven't there been Semi Pro leagues, Arena leagues, Junior Colleges that take it on? We live in an era where Miley Cyris is popular, you mean to tell me this can't explode? Haha

When I explain to outsiders what Sixman football is, I often use the phrase, "basketball in pads," because of the speed of the game. Honest basketball fans know that the shift of today's basketball is pretty aggressive. I love it.

I understand keeping it where it is for traditional purposes, but why do we continually insist on comparing sixman to 11man? We are a class of our own.

As for the political aspect—talk about creating more jobs....there's so much potential, I believe, in taking Sixman to the next level.

But the sad truth is this: most of us are just too afraid to try new things. It's a shame. There are grandiose potential here. I'll be praying for some vision of the people. Maybe I'll take the CEO seat of this idea. Heck, I wouldn't say no to that. Better to fail trying than die stagnant.

Yep, WV Backer, remember it well. Coach Clawson was calling the offense that year and noticed how your 3-1-2 played the back two too deep and filled laterally rather than to the point of attack. All week we worked on one thing---blocking second level and cutting back against the grain. That's all we had because Jared was such a poor passer up to that game. However, the next week he found his arm and would later pick apart Gordon, Calvert and Strawn(a loss).

Payback occurred two years later in Panther Creek when we played some of those same guys in a basketball playoff game ya'll won 29-28.

Longhorn85, your right. Byars had an uncanny ability to roll one direction and throw back the other after the defense had vacated the area. One game I once had he mangled either PC or Gordon with it repeatedly. Played at Gordon Wood Stadium, maybe, not sure.

I know I dropped a bunch of names, but one I forgot to credit was Brandon Purcell of May.We watched him and May three or four times against PC, Lohn, Zephyr and Trinidad, His spreadback play against PC was an incredible thing to behold. After their upset of the panthers several boys wanted Purcell's autograph, and Tyler kept his for a long time before it disappeared.

Purcell was a dandy basketball player, also. I wonder what he is doing today?

13forever":1k7hz860 said:
Here's a few novel ideas:

Rather than continually speaking of the past "best teams, programs, players," why don't we exhaust our knowledge and resources in creating a better future for Sixman football? I'm still confused on how Arena Football gets so much national exposer and Sixman doesn't. Is it because no one has the vision to take it to the next level? I know Mike Reed has put forth efforts in marketing our league. Why haven't there been Semi Pro leagues, Arena leagues, Junior Colleges that take it on? We live in an era where Miley Cyris is popular, you mean to tell me this can't explode? Haha

When I explain to outsiders what Sixman football is, I often use the phrase, "basketball in pads," because of the speed of the game. Honest basketball fans know that the shift of today's basketball is pretty aggressive. I love it.

I understand keeping it where it is for traditional purposes, but why do we continually insist on comparing sixman to 11man? We are a class of our own.

As for the political aspect—talk about creating more jobs....there's so much potential, I believe, in taking Sixman to the next level.

But the sad truth is this: most of us are just too afraid to try new things. It's a shame. There are grandiose potential here. I'll be praying for some vision of the people. Maybe I'll take the CEO seat of this idea. Heck, I wouldn't say no to that. Better to fail trying than die stagnant.

The "pinnacle" of sports in Popularity is the professional level. Listen to any professional game and analysts will give the audience statistical data on high school and college careers.
Until the point that our boys/girls become popular and get known in sports outside our microcosms of the world, 6 Man will never be more than what it is.
Remember why 6 Man was invented. It was a way for smaller schools to play, NOT as an alternative to 11 Man.
And y'all can set here and bang the 6 Man drum all you want, but the "popularity" of 6 Man is NOT growing. Awareness is for sure. I love 6 Man football as much as anyone, but before moving to Strawn from College Station in '08 I hadn't the vaguest idea.
Why do you think it's such a hard decision for towns/communities to make the move to 6 Man? It's an acknowledgment of decline in numbers in our communities. Be it the loss of industry or people moving away, it's still decline.
We need to rationalize/realize that our kids are getting opportunities/exposures that they most likely wouldn't be getting at an Aledo size school. Let them be our Heros, but setting the unrealistic expectations for the rest of the world to grasp on and appreciate what we've all come to love is just setting up our kids for failure.
To me the REAL Heros of these communities are the TALENTED Coaches (which was the real meaning of the Top 3 PROGRAMS thread in the 1st place) and Educators who are committed to our kids when they could all (for the most part) better their lives (financially) and careers by moving to the bigger venues.

twodollarbill":2nl6y2jx said:
Remember why 6 Man was invented. It was a way for smaller schools to play, NOT as an alternative to 11 Man.
And y'all can set here and bang the 6 Man drum all you want, but the "popularity" of 6 Man is NOT growing. Awareness is for sure. I love 6 Man football as much as anyone, but before moving to Strawn from College Station in '08 I hadn't the vaguest idea.
Why do you think it's such a hard decision for towns/communities to make the move to 6 Man? It's an acknowledgment of decline in numbers in our communities. Be it the loss of industry or people moving away, it's still decline.
We need to rationalize/realize that our kids are getting opportunities/exposures that they most likely wouldn't be getting at an Aledo size school. Let them be our Heros, but setting the unrealistic expectations for the rest of the world to grasp on and appreciate what we've all come to love is just setting up our kids for failure.

This.

6-man football is a niche sport born out of necessity. I don't fault people for trying to make the sport more popular, but the money isn't there to seed interest beyond those schools that have to play 6-man. And there's not more than a couple of supes in the state that would rather play 6-man over 11-man, given the choice.

6-man is to football as pole-bending is to rodeo.

Was there for a week week before last. Still a lot of beautiful country even with pine beetle damage. High's in the 70's. I might retire there in a few years.

Yeah you can't beat the 70s all day, but it can turn nasty in a blink of an eye. I can remember being up at the mountain looking accross the parking lot and thinking what a beautiful day. 20 minutes later the sun was out but snow started fall, another 20 minutes later and the skies blacked out and people were running out to lift there windshield wipers. By noon they were sending all non-essential folks home. haha

Speaking of Howdy Byars...

I've run into him a few times this summer. We actually spoke this past Saturday night. He lives in Liberty Hill and our sons played in this indoor soccer league out in Cedar Park. Son was a chip off the old block and was clearly the best athlete on the field when we played them.

Howdy still looks like he could start for Zephyr tomorrow and be the best player on the field.

I think that Arena football has become popular is due to the fact that a whole lot of cities who can't field an NFL team field an Arena team (Amarillo for example). So, in an odd way, Arena ball is like the six man of pro ball. Not enough people to go huge, but good athletes and fun to watch.

SiXmAnMaDnEsS":2xtk5wcz said:
I think that Arena football has become popular is due to the fact that a whole lot of cities who can't field an NFL team field an Arena team (Amarillo for example). So, in an odd way, Arena ball is like the six man of pro ball. Not enough people to go huge, but good athletes and fun to watch.

Arena ball is the result of 6-man football taking hockey to the prom and getting her really drunk.

Tyler Ethridge... Now that was a football player. Would've gave anything for that man's talent and knack for the ball. Tyler is the kind of person who only cares about others around him. You can make all the comments you want about him and he will not have a negative thing to say about you. I will always remember that about old Earl.

From the sands of Kuwait- Denim Reeves

TE, DR both very good 6 Man players as was many others
Both good grown men now
All this drivel started with the Top 3 Post
No one is even close to RS for the top in the last 10 years
So get over it.......
Oh and guess what they are BACK, oh wait they never left, all the mouthing about RS is only fuel to them guys...

rainjacktx":1hlbhy34 said:
SiXmAnMaDnEsS":1hlbhy34 said:

Arena ball is the result of 6-man football taking hockey to the prom and getting her really drunk.
That may be the most accurate statement I have read on this site

westexasflats":1yd0mcna said:
Both good grown men now
So get over it.......
Oh and guess what they are BACK, all the mouthing about RS is only fuel to them guys...
We will all find out soon enough

Dear TE, BE, HE, ZE, QE(2), all uther Es,

They iz monsters and beasts and uther stuff that done rattles in the night. Part of our problem in thiz here culture iz we done forgot there iz a law of the jungle. Now Rudy iz a nice movie and reel life tale, but 99% of the time the 800 pound gorilla (and hell no, it ain't Trent) iz gonna destroy the 97 pound weaklin'. Yew can't win the Kentucky derby ridin' a jackass. BE, the most amazin' thing bout yur young'un wuz hiz intstincts. I ain't never seen nuthin' like him live and in person. Fer me the summation of hiz career cud be seen in the '06 game when Salsalito fumbled a pitch and TE came from behind the line of scrimmage at safety to scoop it up. On film it done looked like all uther 11 players, both Rule and Richland, wuz movin' in slow motion. Coyotes done go and score and up by 20 late, game over. I knowd I am biased, but I ain't ignert, he wuz the best ever and it ain't close. And fer thiz addition of the Coyotes thiz year, they iz four touchdowns better than they wuz at the end of last year.

westexasflats":2gujw9in said:
Both good grown men now
So get over it.......
Oh and guess what they are BACK, oh wait they never left, all the mouthing about RS is only fuel to them guys...

It was called the top 3 post for a reason! If I wanted to say just the top 1 program I would of said RS without a doubt. Not arguing that there not the best this past 14 years, but there has been other programs that have had success. So I wanted to acknowledge them as well. Then some people started dogging Valley for not winning state. So I mentioned the reason why Valley didn't have rings is because of Ethridge and Hogue. Then people don't either know how to read or just took it out of context thinking I was comparing the two players! I think Ethridge is the best heck if they had a Mount Rushmore for sixman his face would be on it! Now I said HOGUE just HOGUE was underrated! I didn't say Hogue was better than Ethridge so don't try to tangle it up and say I did. I mean it was a simple post just wanted to see who people thought were the top 3 programs were. Then it just turned out to an all out bash party. My bad didn't mean for that to happen just wanted to talk some football.

Dear Ahnold,

I think yew iz precious. Maria shud have understood. Yew reely did look good back in the day in them black and white pictures where yew wuz flexin' to the point of yur veins poppin' out. Don't worry them last few crap movies nobody iz aholdin' gainst yew. And finally, iz yew reely good friends with that Tom Arnold, Rosanne's ex old lady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back