What's With God's Schools??

you may not think this is the right thread to post this item but what the heck i think trock should handle them and it has nothing to do with what division they are in.

I think that there will be some great games played this friday night. i see all the history in the t-rock vs the private school and 100 wins on the line for the coach.
BUT
the game between sands and water valley could be a great one
AND
the game between meadow and rankin could be one of the best

i encourage any fan of excitement (oh yes i meant 6 man football) to be in the stands to observe
the hard work by kids and coaches

i hope that neither game is desided by a yellow hanky and im equally sure the men who wear those stripe shirts hope it is not either.

Caveman":2an66f50 said:
With your distant Division III comment, did you really just imply that what Division you are in equates to how good you are? Come on, you're starting to lose a little credibility with that statement.

Did I miss all the posts where the private schools are sprouting false hope and claiming equality? Please, enlighten me.

By and large, D-II is not competitive with D-I. Sure, you have the RS's and the MC's that can beat just about anyone at any time. But, move out of the top 3-4, and the D-2 teams just can't compete with the D-1 teams.

Check the most improved thread, or fajitapete's ranking thread. The Privates are all over that one. I'm just not impressed. I don't think anyone who actually follows the game should be impressed at the privates as a whole. You are going to have a few private schools that can at least make it through a 40 minute game with a better than average D-1 school, but they shouldn't start thinking they are better than a D-1 school, or even a top D-2 school, until they actually win against them.

I guess we can thank Barry and Perry for the increase in private schools.

“Now it seems we have a new breed of private school fanatic. They actually think they can compete on the same stage as the public schools.”

I think the reality is not all, but some are competing. I think anyone who watched the 2007 state championship between Rule and Richland Springs would say it was a competitive game. Rule was within a touchdown or two in the fourth quarter and RS simply capitalized on Rules mistakes and pulled away, to get a 44 margin victory.

The large margin didn’t make the game on the field any less competitive, I think early in the 4th it was still anybody’s ball game, regardless of the outcome. Over all it was a very good and competitive game, Rule had some tremendous athletes and some great coaches, so did Richland Springs, I think everyone remembers that spreadback from RS.

This year Hill Country is only down 14 points to RS in the 4th quarter, turnovers, shortly follow. Not good. They lose by 36. None the less, it was still a “competitive” game. (just my opinion)

“One of the better privates didn't get 45'd by RS a week or so ago, and losing by 36 makes them think they have arrived? In what world does that make privates on the same level as publics? It don't. It never will.”

What would constitute being on the “same level”? How many public schools would a private school have to schedule in one season and play to be “on the same level”? How would one determine if the game played was “competitive”? Would the private school have to beat 1 of the 5 or 5 of the 5, top ranked public schools? (just thinking 5 in that district play etc. would probably prevent more than 5 of those match-ups). What rank (as if that means anything) would the public schools have to hold?

“Let me just come out and say it as painfully and honestly as I can: Private schools are, at best, a distant Division III compared to public school football programs.”

Most years I would say the top ranked public schools forty five the majority of their competition, and the majority of that competition is public schools. So are the majority of the public schools out there not on the “same level”, and a distant div III compared to public schools?

I can only conclude that you’re talking about 10% or less of the DivI and DivII public schools when you say “public schools”. Would that be accurate?

Or are you actually saying that the majority of public schools (more than 50%) would dominate even the top ranked private schools, in that according to you, “Private schools are, at best, a distant Division III compared to public school football programs”, and “none of you privates are ranked high enough in real life to give you the kind of false hope you seem to have sprouted this season.”?
If that’s what you’re saying I’ll just respond with, “okay, that’s your opinion. I just don’t agree with you.” I think the truth is there are a handful of private schools this year that have the athletes to compete with a large majority of the public schools including some of the top ranked public schools, although my definition of “compete with” might be different than yours. Your definition of compete with seems to require a victory to the underdog, or a game that is a difference of very few points which doesn’t happen the vast majority of the time in any division of 6-man.

I’m not trying to argue with you, I’m just trying to better understand where you’re coming from, in that I’m sure you’re not alone in your point of view. And to be honest I’m just curious about how private schools are viewed by the general public. So I'll keep reading your posts, but if you have time if you could clarify some things so that I could better understand where you're coming from that'd be great, if not no big deal.

Rainjack, I agree with your assessment of Public vs Private. Now, any given year a Private can compete with the top Publics, but year over year, Public schools have a tremendous advantage over Privates.

Lol, my bad. I did find it quite hilarious that by the time I read rain's original post, and responded he'd addressed some of my questions, and several others had already posted.

Lou":1kn1yazf said:
Lol, my bad. I did find it quite hilarious that by the time I read rain's original post, and responded he'd addressed some of my questions, and several others had already posted.

Happens to me all the time.

Let's take this conversation out of Six-man for a minute, and move it over to, say, 11-man. Now what are the odds of TAPPS, or whatever private league you want to use, started thinking they could compete with - say - Odessa Permian? Or Ennis? Or the 3A team of your choice?

It is ludicrous to even suggest such a thing. By and large, the public schools are going to win over the privates going away. Yet here in the six-man universe - anything is possible. I don't think it is possible.

Now maybe, if the privates keep growing and the public school communities keep dying, things will change. But for right now, and for the forseeable future, privates are still third tier quality as a whole.

"CowboyP, go back and look at some scores over the years and I think you'll find plenty of examples of a private school beating an "average" public school. Aside from what knightsfball offered, I see that Avalon has been 45'd the last two years by the same private school. Maybe that's not consistent enough for you, or maybe Avalon is merely below average."
I am talking about 1 private school consistently beating all or at least most of the public schools they face. Anyone can look through old scores and find examples of private schools winning, but can you find examples of one that does it week in and week out? Sure, private schools beat public schools occasionally, but it's the exception not the rule. Even a blind squirrel will find a nut sometimes.

There is some truth about Public School vs Private, no doubt. There are some strengths out there and any given team can be beat on any given day. Unfortuantely the schedules, practices, facilities, money, extra time that Private schools have to do other than football, is like comparing apples & oranges, we all know that. I still don't see many 6 man getting legit D1 scholarships as whole.

At the end of the day or game, I think a All Star Team Public from one school vs a Private team, the Private team would win, hands down. Unfortunately, there will never be a way to test my view. Public schools are good and most of the time have more resources and a different pool of players but that alone doesn't mean they would rock a private school. Last I checked they all put the helmet on the same way. Maybe the public schools feel that way because they interpet private schools as having to soft of a heart, not sure where that really comes from ?

"One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all" What I grew up saying in public school. At one point you could get in trouble for NOT saying the pledge. Didn't know "under God" was added by Congress at President Eisenhower's (I.E. the government's) urging in 1954 due to the threat of communisim (wickpedia). Pray for rain, pray for peace, pray in public or private school is fine by me.

Well, thiz one thang I knowd. Hill Country wud beat Valley. Now, that ain't based on some computer rankin' crapola or on sum long, long, long history of who done beat who or on some Ayn Rand worldview, but on whut my own eyeball done seen. I done seen Valley and I done seen Hill Country and let me tell yew that Valley iz bigger, faster and most of all they don't quit. Now don't git me wrong, I think Valley iz a fine team, a good team, a reel good team. But I don't think they cud done beat HC. Now, one lil caveat to all that--Bret Tyler iz a better coach than all nine of them fellers they done had. So if it wuz reel tight and it came down to coachin', well ole Valley wud win. Now, yew mite be wonderin' and sayin' to yurself, "Well, Goob, whut do yew think of a Richland-Valley matchup?" Richland wud 45 'em in the middle of the third.

Goob":ctug695z said:
Well, thiz one thang I knowd. Hill Country wud beat Valley. Now, that ain't based on some computer rankin' crapola or on sum long, long, long history of who done beat who or on some Ayn Rand worldview, but on whut my own eyeball done seen. I done seen Valley and I done seen Hill Country and let me tell yew that Valley iz bigger, faster and most of all they don't quit. Now don't git me wrong, I think Valley iz a fine team, a good team, a reel good team. But I don't think they cud done beat HC. Now, one lil caveat to all that--Bret Tyler iz a better coach than all nine of them fellers they done had. So if it wuz reel tight and it came down to coachin', well ole Valley wud win. Now, yew mite be wonderin' and sayin' to yurself, "Well, Goob, whut do yew think of a Richland-Valley matchup?" Richland wud 45 'em in the middle of the third.

Now you went and done it. I better make another batch of popcorn as its gonna be a loooooong thread!!

1. You can never bloat your post count enough.
2. That bug thingy crawlin round Old Bearkat
is freakin me out.
3. Doesn't that Mercy Rule Update thread
show Privates v. Publics basically in a
50/50 percentage tie for overall victories?

Perhaps in the big melting pot we call 6man
we're closer than we think.

Ifn you wanna start dissn' God's teams,
I'm just gonna take a few steps back from you.

Just in case.

Shhhhhh, Canine Countenance go to Goob's last topic,"Why do yew care". All is explained there. Goob and I have solved the mysteries of the ages.

Back