What's better???,

I, personally, love to see the"well-oiled machine" in action. While good athletic kids are a part of the equation, that is only a part. I have seen teams loaded with athletic kids that start basketball way too early. The championship caliber teams have great coaching, a great school board and administration, great trainers and team managers, super booster clubs, team mom's, supportive teaching staff, and the whole shebang. You know when you see one of those kind of teams in action, that there is an entire community working together. All of the mules are leaning into the collars and pulling in the same direction.

Personally, I kind of like both and here's why...

McLean still had doubters. No matter how much they dominated teams week in & week out. People pretty much didn't want to believe they were that good. It took them winning State the way they did for some doubters to become believers.

And the Wide Open race is always fun to watch. But after last night, i think it's closed quite a bit.

6manonly":z9cb7aln said:
Who are you're top 5 in d1 Ares who have a legit shot at title.

Balmorhea, Borden County, Milford, McLean & White Deer.

I will say, I think Balmorhea & Borden County have separated themselves from the rest as of right now.

1. Borden county
2. Milford
3. McLean
4. Balmorhea
5. Avalon

Not particular order or anything . But east will be Milford or Avalon . I’m taking Avalon over Milford due to injury’s

I think Rankin is in that mix we will see how they fair with GC tonight.. McLean gets there crap together they can beat balmoreah no doubt

Don't count Rankin out. They have some studs and a young, smart, offensive minded coach who Is ALSO a hometown legend. I'm sure he took in everything he could from Coach Burkhart and is now starting to make it his own. They wont beat Balmorhea, but they're going to scare the hell out of them. I'm really blessed I get to live in the Permian Basin at the moment. Lots of exciting football!

One _pac2018":1pki2cbw said:
1. Borden county
2. Milford
3. McLean
4. Balmorhea
5. Avalon

Not particular order or anything . But east will be Milford or Avalon . I’m taking Avalon over Milford due to injury’s
Milford’s players will be back before the Avalon game and I think Milford will 45 them

6manonly":2rbhvuto said:
I think Rankin is in that mix we will see how they fair with GC tonight.. McLean gets there crap together they can beat balmoreah no doubt

If they go and take care of Sterling City next week. I'll include Rankin as a sleeper type of team. I've been reserving judgment on them till after that game. I wasn't sure if they'd get passed Garden City but they did.

I think IRA also has a shot up in Region 1 to make a run in the playoffs. They held their own last year against White Deer & usually are a tough team. So I wouldn't count them out either.

Back