What happened with Cherokee?

kdstew3

I'm Just Here So I Don't Get Fined
Did they have that bad of a game? Were they missing players due to grades or injuries?

I expected a 45 point halftime win, yet Cherokee was one play and an extra point away from losing in the final moments of the game.

Was a great game, like otil said Blackwell came to play and Blackwell is a significantly under rated team whos early season record does not reflect them now. Cherokee held Blackwell 4 times inside the 10 to zero points, including the final possession, and that was the difference in the game. Blackwell defense was good as well.

There was something in this game I have never seen before: The final play of the 1st quarter Blackwell has a 2nd and 5 at about midfield, they run and get the first by about 3 yards. The quarter ends and the refs/chain crew never moves, didnt move the stick or change the down box and didnt flip the chains. Refs flipped the ball but not the chains. Blackwell coach was yelling at them to correct it but they didnt.

Refs and errors effected both teams pretty evenly IMO

Was a great game, like otil said Blackwell came to play and Blackwell is a significantly under rated team whos early season record does not reflect them now. Cherokee held Blackwell 4 times inside the 10 to zero points, including the final possession, and that was the difference in the game. Blackwell defense was good as well.

There was something in this game I have never seen before: The final play of the 1st quarter Blackwell has a 2nd and 5 at about midfield, they run and get the first by about 3 yards. The quarter ends and the refs/chain crew never moves, didnt move the stick or change the down box and didnt flip the chains. Refs flipped the ball but not the chains. Blackwell coach was yelling at them to correct it but they didnt.

Refs and errors effected both teams pretty evenly IMO
Sadly the officiating was very poor. I was a ref some years ago so it’s hard for me to blame refs for wins or losses but last night looked like a Jr high training crew. Can’t blame it on lack of officials at this point of the season. I would agree they affected both teams evenly overall. The PI call in the end zone was horrible as one example.
I do agree with you that Blackwell was much better than I and probably most had anticipated. Personally and I could be wrong but it seemed Cherokee wasn’t expecting Blackwell to play that hard either. Maybe reading to much media maybe looking ahead, who knows but they can’t play that kind of lackluster ball the first half next week. If they do it will all be over and they will be bouncing that round ball like we are.

Agree with ya Tigerfan - I want to watch the film to review some things that stood out to me last night.

Also I think it should be said that last night Blackwell had the best player on the field #22 Kyler Cummings...other nights Cherokee might have the best player but not last night.

Im with you Tiger, I think Blackwell punched them in the face and surprised them and didnt let up and they had a hard time responding, but Cherokee won and their last TD was a great play call so survive and advance is the name of the game in the playoffs. Great game hats off to both teams!

Agree with ya Tigerfan - I want to watch the film to review some things that stood out to me last night.

Also I think it should be said that last night Blackwell had the best player on the field #22 Kyler Cummings...other nights Cherokee might have the best player but not last night.

Im with you Tiger, I think Blackwell punched them in the face and surprised them and didnt let up and they had a hard time responding, but Cherokee won and their last TD was a great play call so survive and advance is the name of the game in the playoffs. Great game hats off to both teams!
It really goes to show how a team can get inside their own heads.

Back