What Happened?

JH PACER COACH

11-man fan
What happened to Mt. Calm? From a team just a couple of years ago making some deep runs in the playoffs to a team who can't even score? Is this a possibility of them losing their coach to Trinidad?

I don't know Mt Calm's situation, but imo talent fluctuations have a lot to do with teams declining. You can have the best coaches in the state but if you have no talent then you're not going to win many games. Look at Abbott. Two years ago they won state and now last night they got beat by Blum by 28 points. Coming from a Blum alumni who's been to every game, no good team should be getting beat by Blum this season lol.

Blum is a team of boys that has been watching from the sidelines for the last two years, because of not having a jv team. This is a group of boys that are just as talented as any group before them. They just need some experience, and although theystarted off a little slow this year they have been able to put it together pretty quickly. This group of boys has never had an opportunity to show their talents and what their capable of, but loosing 6 starting seniors last year created opportunities. Blum will be just fine and every bit as good as previous teams. Don't believe everything you hear, sometimes you have to look at results.

Hello":14j6g1dt said:
Blum is a team of boys that has been watching from the sidelines for the last two years, because of not having a jv team. This is a group of boys that are just as talented as any group before them. They just need some experience, and although theystarted off a little slow this year they have been able to put it together pretty quickly. This group of boys has never had an opportunity to show their talents and what their capable of, but loosing 6 starting seniors last year created opportunities. Blum will be just fine and every bit as good as previous teams. Don't believe everything you hear, sometimes you have to look at results.
That wasn't a knock against Blum. I played with the current group of Seniors their freshman and sophomore years and the current group of Juniors their freshman year, and it's incredible seeing their growth, especially Nathan Moses'. His sophomore year he was a glorified tackling dummy and now he's out there hunting heads. I was simply making an obversation that no traditionally successful team with playoff aspirations like Abbott should be proud of losing to a team like Blum which mainly consists of underclass men. Blum will make the playoffs but I wouldn't start dreaming of winning state. Abbott has fallen a long way from grace and is NOT the same team they were from 2013-2015.

Okay. Enough about Blum. Who cares. Back to the topic at hand. Could Mt. Calms problem be with the coaching, since they lost a very good coach to Trinidad? I know that schools deal with players that graduate, leave, or are injured, but sometimes good coaching can get make up for lack of talent.

JH PACER COACH":2thu4j3p said:
Okay. Enough about Blum. Who cares. Back to the topic at hand. Could Mt. Calms problem be with the coaching, since they lost a very good coach to Trinidad? I know that schools deal with players that graduate, leave, or are injured, but sometimes good coaching can get make up for lack of talent.
Coaches can see " YEARS" away from today, based on what kind of kids are coming up at a school. Mount C alm kids didn't have anthything to do with Our coach leaving last year, LOOK at the talent in this area now , COOLIDGE, MILFORD, AQUILLA, JONESBORO, ABBOTT, CALVERT, AVALON, BLUM, "Who cares?" JC PACER COACH,,,,,,,,, WE DO.

WOW, What abunch of ignorant fans,,, GRADUATION HAPPENED, COACHES LEFT!!!!!!

When I was at Aquilla in the 70's, we had 5 coaches in 5 years , from 8th - 12th grade,
YES it was frustrating for the athletes, but we played on,,, without the liberal comments from fans that never played any sports in highshchool like today. PROBLEMS WITH COACHING? Their coach came from A qilla, WHAT PROBLEM?

JH PACER COACH":k9v4q1zv said:
What happened to Mt. Calm? From a team just a couple of years ago making some deep runs in the playoffs to a team who can't even score? Is this a possibility of them losing their coach to Trinidad?

WOW, What abunch of ignorant fans,,, GRADUATION HAPPENED, COACHES LEFT!!!!!!

When I was at Aquilla in the 70's, we had 5 coaches in 5 years , from 8th - 12th grade,
YES it was frustrating for the athletes, but we played on,,, without the liberal comments from fans that never played any sports in highshchool like today. PROBLEMS WITH COACHING? Their coach came from A qilla, WHAT PROBLEM?

JH PACER COACH":1t7uf85d said:
'WHO CARES?' the students here that play on the team called BLUM,,,,,, Fool. All of us in the EAST stick together, no matter which school comes out on top. You present yourself as a "COACH" , WHAT A POOR EXAMPLE of a coach you project to your students..... Some Coaches have personal reasons to leave a school.... Stick to the problems with your own team...... If you even are a coach.....

I doubt you would ever catch a real coach on here talki g like that And if he is a coach shame on him. His insecurities must be taking over....

JH PACER COACH":1w2zqxkj said:
When did they make deep runs in the playoffs?

Mexican Englishman":rnlkjjpj said:
JH PACER COACH":rnlkjjpj said:
When did they make deep runs in the playoffs?
Depends what the definition of a "deep run" is to each team. Went to the playoffs in 2014 and 2015, only to be stopped by RS. Not bad considering they had'nt had a team but for a few years. (undefeated in district in 2015)

JH PACER COACH":pboipme3 said:
Talent will always rule.
Doesn't matter who coach is.
How many 6man coaches actually build their team from scratch?
Schools rarely allow it.
1 or 2 talented players usually make a huge difference.
Thats why coaches leave an empty bench for a loaded one.

Back