What happened to Whit?

oldfat&bald":81bqihg3 said:
Dogface":81bqihg3 said:
Johnny Cash":81bqihg3 said:
I'm not talking about GREAT, I'm just talking about being competetive! Like blocking, tackling, going to the whistle, giving effort every play, having a positive mindset, being prepared, being a team player, doing your best no matter what your opponent or team-mate is doing, digging in root hog or die! NOT "well our boys did good, they played hard" on Friday night when all they have been made to do is JACK on the practice field all week. Then going "ofer" for the season when they could have been much, much, better.....
Wow Jonny,
there's just too much there to address.
Have some wine.

Don't you mean WHINE?
Good Point!!
You can always read between my lines!
Actually,
we had some nice Riesling
last night.
I didn't sprout little wings or start shedding sparkly dust.
I have 5 g-kids here right now.
What a blessing.

Ya'll go ahead and poke fun. I'm an advocate for all those young men who have weak coaches and weak administrations in their schools and deserve to have a better chance of being successful than they are being provided. I'll take up them anytime. If that amuses you, well, tough.

Other than posting on a website - what are you doing? Are you lobbying the respective school boards? Are you motivating the taxpayers to make a change?

Asking why a team is no longer at the level they once were is not taking up any cause. Had you taken the time to notice, Whit is a formidable basketball power - girls and boys.

I wasn't talking about Whit, they run a good program. I know this is their thread, but as you said this is a hijackers paradise. I'm not talking about any one school in particular, but there's a bunch of them out there that are perennial doormats, I just feel for those kids.

Wow... this took off... Still no real answer though. Is the same coach still around? I tend to side with J Cash though. Even without talent a great coach should go .650 IMO

JSwann":351tmdaz said:
Wow... this took off... Still no real answer though. Is the same coach still around? I tend to side with J Cash though. Even without talent a great coach should go .650 IMO
Seriously?
How?
By running the ball himself?

I don't care if you have athletes or not. You can teach tackling, blocking, receiving. Then as a coach you adapt your scheme accordingly. I'm not saying that a new coach that comes into a bad situation is going to win immediately, but after three years it's on you. I went 0-10 my first year with one senior, one junior, six sophomores, and seven freshmen playing 8 man (2007). CCS had won 2 games in '04, 2 games in '05, 3 games in '06. Then we went 5-4, 8-3, 10-0, 9-1 (lost in championship). Any sport is about fundamentals. You win when you teach them, you win championships when you teach them and you have athletes.

Back