What happened bc?

BC will bounce back, that's one thing everyone should know by now. First game of the season means nothing in the big picture plain and simple.

CowboyP":2jgnewtw said:
BC underestimated their opponent. It's an easy mistake to make.

??? Come on Cowboy. You're too smart to make comments like that.

That comment is insulting to the boys that took home the victory. They came out, played the best ball, and won. There's no sense in saying something to take anything away from that.

I too attended the game with wonder dog.....

Borden County vs. Crowell.... Well there is no way BC underestimated Crowell..

The turnovers in the 3rd qtr did BC in. I believe they had 4 or 5 turnovers on consecutive series.

Crowell capitalized on each turnover.

SIMPLE AS THAT.

I believe ALL teams are a little out of shape due to the new uil 2-a-day practice rules, it being the first game of the season as well.
Also, has anyone thought about the Sr's that graduated from BC last yr... JUST HOW IMPORTANT THEY ACTUALLY WERE...

On that day, BC had the better team, but Crowell with-stood the onslaught and fought thru and won the game.

Kramer":50qtvq3u said:
I too attended the game with wonder dog.....

Borden County vs. Crowell.... Well there is no way BC underestimated Crowell..

The turnovers in the 3rd qtr did BC in. I believe they had 4 or 5 turnovers on consecutive series.

Crowell capitalized on each turnover.

SIMPLE AS THAT.

I believe ALL teams are a little out of shape due to the new uil 2-a-day practice rules, it being the first game of the season as well.
Also, has anyone thought about the Sr's that graduated from BC last yr... JUST HOW IMPORTANT THEY ACTUALLY WERE...

On that day, BC had the better team, but Crowell with-stood the onslaught and fought thru and won the game.

I agree BC had some great Srs last year and I think the UIL has set the coaches and parents at a disadvantage with the shortened time to prepare the kids on both side of the ball. the kids did not have the additional time to prepare both in and out of pads and in this heat. I know the coaches had to shove a lot of teaching and evaluation in a shorter time.

The six man game is like no other you make mistakes and the other team capitalizes you may go home an L in the win loss column on the other hand if you don’t take advantage of the breaks you still end up with a loss. Crowell took advantage of the opportunities they had as a good team should. I have seen BC do the same year in and year out.. Teams that are able to perform at this level will win more than their fair share.. Good luck to both teams I expect them both to show their team strength as they proceed with the challenges they meet here throughout the year..

JAFO,

You mentioned a parent told you that BC was "OUT OF SHAPE".....
Well with the NEW UIL rules, ALOT of teams are not in shape, due to the limited days of practice.

I did notice a few kids from BC cramping up (Richey kid)..... BUT.... That's not to being OUT OF SHAPE....

Cramps come from bad diet and limited liquids during the week.
SO EITHER the richey kid is drinking enough liquids or coach richey has him on a fast food, fried food diet at home....

I know this because I'm a RETIRED LIFE SCIENCE teacher/coach....

So you guys out there.......... REPLENISH YOUR BODIES WITH PLENTY OF GOOD FLUIDS AND EAT RIGHT.....

It will limit the cramps....

Honestly,
Teenagers are in the best shape of thier lives. Most have high metabolisms, no matter what you eat it won't stay with you, UNLESS.... You are doing a sport that causes for severe sweating.... LIKE FOOTBALL IN THE SUN/HEAT

Come on guys just once give the Wildcats credit ! The boys have had 7 coaches in 4 years and now have one who is a fit with these boys. BC played well our boys played better . These boys play with heart and whatever skill they have everyday and will get there one game at a time .......for a long season in 2012.

Back