Westbrook almost choked

Well
Refs blew calls both ways for sure and in a battle like that game was it sucks that they have any impact at all on the game. The one downside of being 1A schools is they end up getting the less experienced refs and it sucks for all kids involved in games with bad officiating! Hats off to both teams tonight because that one was definitely one of the top 3 games I’ve watched in over 30 years of being a six man fan
said. Both programs will learn a ton from this game. Which is why they chose to play each other I’m sure. Cannot get better if you don’t play teams good enough to expose your weaknesses. Iron sharpens iron.

Rankin is tough there is no doubt about it. Refs did a horrible job. I hope they review game film as well. I say that with the most respect. The coaches and players watch film and practice hard. We should expect the same from them. Be consistent is all we ask.

Both teams had turnovers and you expect that when you play tough competition. I felt it came down to kicking. Rankin was flawless with extra points and WB missed 6 extra point kicks. I think both teams clean this up and it will be exciting when there is more on the line.

I will say Rankin is the best team Westbrook has faced this year.

Congrats to both squads.

As an official, I can assure you - we do everything we can to get better every week. We watch film - when coaches send it in. Some chapters are better than others at cajoling coaches to send it to us to review and learn. My chapter, we get a handful of games/week sent in (that we worked, from 6A down to 6-man.

But the bottom line is, we don't have enough officials, which adversely impacts the quality of officiating you receive every week. If we could get more people in stripes (ahem, looking at you, Dear Reader!) it would drastically improve the overall quality of officiating, as we could send more experienced officials out, especially to marquee matchups.

Bad calls have other consequences than a missed score or first down. At the RS / Lometa game last night a bad call, that called back the game winning TD, resulted in 2 plays later a Lometa player getting put in an ambulance for what looked to be a pretty serious head injury. I don't care if it's popular to say or not, refs need to do a better job.
And they need to lay off the cheeseburgers.

As an official, I can assure you - we do everything we can to get better every week. We watch film - when coaches send it in. Some chapters are better than others at cajoling coaches to send it to us to review and learn. My chapter, we get a handful of games/week sent in (that we worked, from 6A down to 6-man.

But the bottom line is, we don't have enough officials, which adversely impacts the quality of officiating you receive every week. If we could get more people in stripes (ahem, looking at you, Dear Reader!) it would drastically improve the overall quality of officiating, as we could send more experienced officials out, especially to marquee matchups.
Thanks for replying. That’s good to know. I understand the shortage and understand the impact on the game. That’s one reason I asked the question is to see if they study game film to improve.

I love to study the game and also see if I saw calls or missed calls correctly. Example couple weeks ago in live game I felt the officials missed a pass interference call. When I rewatched the game it was clear it wasn’t a PI. I was wrong.

Thank you for your service to the sport.

Kinda mouthy but I enjoyed most of it. I know they are biased.
I just take it as it’s a hometown broadcast so the bias is a given, but I would agree it may be a little over the top at times. On the flip side the guys calling the game are fans and in their shoes I’d likely have the similar emotions. Of course you can always give it the Chris Collinsworth treatment and turn the audio off if it bothers you too much. You can tell there’s a lot of work in putting it together and I think it’s worth tuning into every week especially for someone like myself who would have to drive a few hours to catch a decent 6-man game.

I just take it as it’s a hometown broadcast so the bias is a given, but I would agree it may be a little over the top at times. On the flip side the guys calling the game are fans and in their shoes I’d likely have the similar emotions. Of course you can always give it the Chris Collinsworth treatment and turn the audio off if it bothers you too much. You can tell there’s a lot of work in putting it together and I think it’s worth tuning into every week especially for someone like myself who would have to drive a few hours to catch a decent 6-man game.
Again I love the broadcast itself just some of the comments were inappropriate but all in all the broadcast is great!

Again I love the broadcast itself just some of the comments were inappropriate but all in all the broadcast is great!
You find those stupid comments or biased opinions on all broadcasting networks. There is a podcast on sunday that does the same stuff. You always have one person that is very knowledgeable and unbiased about the game and one that over looks fact because they don’t like or give credit to the other team.

My favorite comment from last week WB vs Rankin game. Rankin gave #4 heck or they shut #4 down. They follow up with his stats from the game and he put up 250 yards rushing, 5-7 touchdowns and 15 tackles. Haha not sure I would say you shut him down or gave him heck haha

Yes mute button is a great thing. Love the RRD broadcasting technology.

Back