Westbrook almost choked

Just my two cents worth but the refs get blamed for one bad call yet if you as a team go back and look at each turnover and missed block that might add up to 10 or 11 of your own to blame mistakes. As a great coach once said don't like the refs calls be further ahead and it won't matter.

Just my two cents worth but the refs get blamed for one bad call yet if you as a team go back and look at each turnover and missed block that might add up to 10 or 11 of your own to blame mistakes. As a great coach once said don't like the refs calls be further ahead and it won't matter.
I agree you have to take care of your own mistakes. Refs judgement calls will always be a factor. That’s just part of the game. I was just making a point - there is a lot of game planning film study from players and coaches, I would hope they would do the same.

So, WB missed 6 xp's, 12 points, and still won, by 1.
Yes left 12 points off the board. WB also had 3 int with a fumble for a safety. Can’t really say that was the difference because rankin had their share of fumbles and at least 1 int. I just feel the kicking game was on point for Rankin and WB struggled.

Just for arguments sake lol, Rankin has a very legitimate claim that they were robbed of a TD early that was called short by 4-6” although the ball sure seemed to be across the goal line. It wasn’t called that way but there’s no denying it’s a legitimate argument still.

Can’t we all just agree that there really is no “winners” in a game like tonight. Like this shouldn’t even officially count when either one of these two teams could smoke the entirety of both divisions.

Source: I watched the whole game live tonight.

Also Grayson Rigdon is a God among boys, but I truly believe he isn’t all that unless he has the supporting cast. So no, your Benjamin Mustangs couldn’t hang with either of these two teams.
Benjamin won't have to. They are DII. WB and Rankin are DI.

Just for arguments sake lol, Rankin has a very legitimate claim that they were robbed of a TD early that was called short by 4-6” although the ball sure seemed to be across the goal line. It wasn’t called that way but there’s no denying it’s a legitimate argument still.
If you want to open up that box. WB has calls that didn’t go their way as well. I’m trying to stay away from that argument. Without official video review it’s one persons opinion and odds are they are all biased opinions.

If you want to open up that box. WB has calls that didn’t go their way as well. I’m trying to stay away from that argument. Without official video review it’s one persons opinion and odds are they are all biased opinions.
I don’t disagree with that just making a point there’s a legitimate argument on that one but not taking anything away from the game that was played it was all it should have been! Hopefully both teams stay injury free and handle business because version 2.0 would be great to see especially after both teams improve on their flaws throughout the season. As of week 3 and the few games played thus far IF that playoff game happens there’s a very realistic chance it may determine the state champ. Sorry TigerFan85 just my 2 pennies

Can we all agree. Hats off to WB, Rankin, May, GC, Jonesboro and KC for playing tough schedules every week. I might have missed a couple my bad if so. I think strength of schedule should always be considered in talks.. I left one off for a reason btw. .
YES SIR! Sure doesn’t seem like any of the top contenders are taking “the easy road” at all! Battle tested by the time it really matters!

YES SIR! Sure doesn’t seem like any of the top contenders are taking “the easy road” at all! Battle tested by the time it really matters!
The one I left off was Abbott. I wish they would have scheduled some of those top 10 teams. Heck they might have the best approach. 10-0 and not beat up. Plus you can’t really size them up since their is no common opponents.

The one I left off was Abbott. I wish they would have scheduled some of those top 10 teams. Heck they might have the best approach. 10-0 and not beat up. Plus you can’t really size them up since their is no common opponents.
They are the 1 team that I wish I could go see due to that exact reason. No way to get a “good feel” on them before playoff time without just going to watch them. Personally I think they’re probably a very solid team but a true “top contender” 🤷🏻. Hopefully as the season goes on it will be a little easier to get a bead on them, we shall see.

Although, for me, 10-0 means nothing if when the games that matter start up and you finally play a real opponent you get blown out. I’d much rather be a 2021 WB rolling in with 4 losses and do work in the postseason when it all counts!

Although, for me, 10-0 means nothing if when the games that matter start up and you finally play a real opponent you get blown out. I’d much rather be a 2021 WB rolling in with 4 losses and do work in the postseason when it all counts!
I agree. I should clear up my comment by saying I agree they are going to make a splash and a pretty legit team. I just wish you could see them cross over into other regions to play the top teams.

Bad calls have other consequences than a missed score or first down. At the RS / Lometa game last night a bad call, that called back the game winning TD, resulted in 2 plays later a Lometa player getting put in an ambulance for what looked to be a pretty serious head injury. I don't care if it's popular to say or not, refs need to do a better job.

Westbrook had that home cooking down to the last possession Rankin played their tails off and showed up looks like all that talk that rankin couldn’t hang can come to a stop Beware and ready for round 2
No ties to either of these two teams or any six man team any more for that matter. Looks like by the score it was a great game between two teams that are prime to have extended seasons. In my experience, officials are never perfect and there tends to bias towards recognizing the calls that don't go your way versus those that don't go the other teams way, but ultimately almost losing isn't losing. To me if I was a Rankin fan, rather than saying Westbrook almost choked, I would be saying Rankin takes the reigning state champs and front running contender to the wire in a great game. Best of luck to both teams as they move forward this year.

No ties to either of these two teams or any six man team any more for that matter. Looks like by the score it was a great game between two teams that are prime to have extended seasons. In my experience, officials are never perfect and there tends to bias towards recognizing the calls that don't go your way versus those that don't go the other teams way, but ultimately almost losing isn't losing. To me if I was a Rankin fan, rather than saying Westbrook almost choked, I would be saying Rankin takes the reigning state champs and front running contender to the wire in a great game. Best of luck to both teams as they move forward this year.
Exactly right, I thought Rankin fans should be talking about how good their boys played instead of saying Westbrook almost choked or home cooking refs. Go back and look both teams had almost the exact same amount of penalties. At the end of the day both teams gave it their all. Rankin fans know they have to clean some stuff up as well as our wildcats have to clean some stuff up. Take care of business and let’s see part 2 in the playoffs.

Back