Westbrook almost choked

Westbrook had that home cooking down to the last possession Rankin played their tails off and showed up looks like all that talk that rankin couldn’t hang can come to a stop Beware and ready for round 2
From the Fence:

Amazing how the trash talk starts right after someone loses. I cant seem to recall anyone from Westbrook saying Rankin couldnt hang but then again i cant read every post so maybe im wrong. But it is what it is. A win is a win and a loss is a loss.
That was a great game between 2 good teams. Hats off to all the players from both teams. Tough loss for Rankin. Congrats to my Wildcats on the win!! Them boys left it all on the field tonight.
#westwhat #behumble

I agree gang tackled turned face mask on that last Westbrook possession
What about holding #8 every play because he can’t be blocked without it. Let the kids enjoy this in both sides and if they take care of business they will meet again. Don’t come on here running that mouth blaming the refs. Heard the same crap after last years game lol, only difference is this Rankin team didn’t fold it up and lay it down like last years. Both played hard don’t ruin it with this childish crap.

Last edited:
Refs blew calls both ways for sure and in a battle like that game was it sucks that they have any impact at all on the game. The one downside of being 1A schools is they end up getting the less experienced refs and it sucks for all kids involved in games with bad officiating! Hats off to both teams tonight because that one was definitely one of the top 3 games I’ve watched in over 30 years of being a six man fan

From the Fence:

Amazing how the trash talk starts right after someone loses. I cant seem to recall anyone from Westbrook saying Rankin couldnt hang but then again i cant read every post so maybe im wrong. But it is what it is. A win is a win and a loss is a loss.
That was a great game between 2 good teams. Hats off to all the players from both teams. Tough loss for Rankin. Congrats to my Wildcats on the win!! Them boys left it all on the field tonight.
#westwhat #behumble
It was an awesome game. Both teams need to clean up turnovers and I’m sure they will. That’s why I like the tough schedule so you find these things out early. No doubt both coaches will watch and critique the game and fix whatever they need to fix. Round 2, should it happen will be another great game.

From the Fence:

#westwhat #behumble

Congratulations to your wildcats tough loss indeed for Rankin but the boys will bounce back quickly lots of bad calls both ways just went your way at the end gonna be a good season for both teams schedules don’t get any easier for either team second matchup looms in the playoffs

It was an awesome game. Both teams need to clean up turnovers and I’m sure they will. That’s why I like the tough schedule so you find these things out early. No doubt both coaches will watch and critique the game and fix whatever they need to fix. Round 2, should it happen will be another great game.
Now see if I was one to hold grudges or believe in such a thing as one sided refereeing I’d say those are same refs we had at State. Lol. I’m just giving Fencelineguy a hard time. I don’t really believe that. But it was a catch well for a second anyway. Lol

It was an awesome game. Both teams need to clean up turnovers and I’m sure they will. That’s why I like the tough schedule so you find these things out early. No doubt both coaches will watch and critique the game and fix whatever they need to fix. Round 2, should it happen will be another great
Agree turnovers killed a lot of drives on both sides made a heck of a game

Congratulations to your wildcats tough loss indeed for Rankin but the boys will bounce back quickly lots of bad calls both ways just went your way at the end gonna be a good season for both teams schedules don’t get any easier for either team second matchup looms in the playoffs
Rankin absolutely has a great team. Hats off to them. Stay healthy stay strong.

Now see if I was one to hold grudges or believe in such a thing as one sided refereeing I’d say those are same refs we had at State. Lol. I’m just giving Fencelineguy a hard time. I don’t really believe that. But it was a catch well for a second anyway. Lol
Always fun and games until someone says something about a catch..... Tigerfan85 knows how to push buttons lol 😆

Rankin is tough, hopefully all our D1 teams can stay healthy and have some awesome district matches.....then on to the playoffs.

From the Fence:

#westwhat #behumble
I know I know it’s way to early. But just in case I’m going to start recruiting the SEC refs you know Nick Saban’s family. Lol

Can’t we all just agree that there really is no “winners” in a game like tonight. Like this shouldn’t even officially count when either one of these two teams could smoke the entirety of both divisions.

Source: I watched the whole game live tonight.

Also Grayson Rigdon is a God among boys, but I truly believe he isn’t all that unless he has the supporting cast. So no, your Benjamin Mustangs couldn’t hang with either of these two teams.

Rankin is tough there is no doubt about it. Refs did a horrible job. I hope they review game film as well. I say that with the most respect. The coaches and players watch film and practice hard. We should expect the same from them. Be consistent is all we ask.

Both teams had turnovers and you expect that when you play tough competition. I felt it came down to kicking. Rankin was flawless with extra points and WB missed 6 extra point kicks. I think both teams clean this up and it will be exciting when there is more on the line.

I will say Rankin is the best team Westbrook has faced this year.

Congrats to both squads.

Back