Week One Head Scratchers and Jaw Droppers

I believe that Rochelle is better than expected, and after this week, will rise toward the top in the rankings. And, they have more weapons than Marty. He is just the icing on the cake.

Also, R.S. is better than expected. R.S. was predicted to win by 19 points over the Hornets, and won by 36.

The Jaw Droppers to me where
1) how strong Crowell is after losing so many amazing players last year.
2) How big, strong, good & numerous Borden County is. Wow they are amazing. At the half I expected them to 45 Crowell - (back to #1 jaw dropper)
3) Amazed that Borden County dropped to #2 after beating Crowell. But that may be the best thing for this young team. It will be fun to see how these teams mature this year. I bet we will see them again & who knows how the next game might turn out.

truthhurts04":2g7fkofn said:
RS was down to Rochelle 28-27 in the 3rd before the Coyotes made a run to end the game...looked like the Hornets had a lot of guys cramp up in the fourth. Is Rochelle better then expected or RS not as good as expected?

Interesting RS was down into the 3rd. Maybe they're not invincible down the road. Sounds like without the cramp's Rochelle could go a ways if Marty stays healthy.

Longhorn85":3rxpr01v said:
After reading about him last year I planned on watching him this Friday. Though I'm not sure I want to see him against my favorite team this year. But that decision was mitigated for me. I was told I'm going to watch a granddaughter do a mini cheerleader thing at the Stephenville game. The Hounds on defense this week better pull their belt's tight before the game.

I believe that Marty put up 60 pts alone against the Hounds last year.. IN Strawn! Should be an interesting game!

Yes, but that was it for him and them. Strawn put up 80 and won the game. Both teams have tape of that to learn from, it could be interesting.

51eleven":4tp4mdll said:
truthhurts04":4tp4mdll said:
RS was down to Rochelle 28-27 in the 3rd before the Coyotes made a run to end the game...looked like the Hornets had a lot of guys cramp up in the fourth. Is Rochelle better then expected or RS not as good as expected?

Interesting RS was down into the 3rd. Maybe they're not invincible down the road. Sounds like without the cramp's Rochelle could go a ways if Marty stays healthy.

I don't think that you can say that the Hornets were not conditioned. Four full quarters of all-out football. There was only one incident of a possible cramp and that may have been more of an awkward hit than a cramp.
The Hounds better come with a lot of speed, because even the big guys for the Hornets can run.

From the crowded field games in week 1: USA Today #1, DeLaSalle Spartans (Concord, CA) loses to unranked Trinity Trojans (Euless, Texas) 26-21 in a very sloppy game by all three teams on the field. Sure was fun to watch though just because of the hype. Mansfield's Newsome Stadium Home side was packed to the gills with black and red supporters. Visitors side had a couple thousand DLS supporters and mostly filled in with neutral observers. Estimated 15,000 football fans for a nationally televised game on ESPN 2. We had a pretty raucous party on the home side of the field!
DLS offensive miscues from start to finish.
TT power running was upstaged by their passing game.
Officials looked like it was their first game of the season too.

Cougarfan13"...Aquilla must have been holding back said:
This is the kind of BS that makes coaches want to quit. Take that stuff someplace else and cry. Maybe your kid sat on his butt all summer eating chips and salsa. He deserves to lose if he doesn't come to 2adays in the best shape of his life. In 6man, coaching strategy plays such a small role it's not even a factor. The physically dominating and mechanically sound teams could coach themselves. I'm scratching my head wondering how people could still, these days, credit an individual coach for a loss or victory. It's a team thing that you obviously don't understand. Say what you said to the Aquilla coach's face and he should drop your jaw.

I am sure that Aquilla was holding something back. But in all reality what are the chances that Aquilla is bad, and you are a bad judge of talent?

You guys are right, I was wrong to criticize, coaching cant be easy, and it helps to have talent to work with. I apologize coach, guess it was the alcohol talking! I know what its like to have new coaches, we had a different coach every year from seventh grade to 12th. Just a big let down waiting all year for the first game....

Boys 2 Men":1syo7rzq said:
The Jaw Droppers to me where
1) how strong Crowell is after losing so many amazing players last year.
2) How big, strong, good & numerous Borden County is. Wow they are amazing. At the half I expected them to 45 Crowell - (back to #1 jaw dropper)
3) Amazed that Borden County dropped to #2 after beating Crowell. But that may be the best thing for this young team. It will be fun to see how these teams mature this year. I bet we will see them again & who knows how the next game might turn out.

This second matchup when it counts is the one I want to see. Two talented teams even with Crowell graduating a LOT!!!

Johnny South":al5uhgnt said:
51eleven":al5uhgnt said:
truthhurts04":al5uhgnt said:

I don't think that you can say that the Hornets were not conditioned. Four full quarters of all-out football. There was only one incident of a possible cramp and that may have been more of an awkward hit than a cramp.
The Hounds better come with a lot of speed, because even the big guys for the Hornets can run.

I said nothing about their conditioning . I respect them. You brought up the cramps.

Wrong again there 51. I believe it was that TruthHurts guy and then you who were chasing that cramping rabbit. If anyone knows conditioning, I do believe that Coach Phillips does.
Are you going to make the game at the Hornet Dome on Friday night? I hope to make it in time to park in the endzone.

Back