Week 6 Predictions

david9h

11-man fan
Here we go for Week 6:

Round Rock Christian over Alvin Living Stones by 45. If not another forfeit/ cancellation by ALS.
Conroe Covenant Christian over Bellville Faith by 15. Closer than expected.
EP Jesus Chapel over Dell City by 2. Dell City won by 2 the first time. EPJC flips the tables and wins a close one. I would have an easier time predicting what's going to happen on Mars than what's going to happen in El Paso.
WF Notre Dame over Granbury NCTA by 32. The Game of the Week in TAPPS DIII. WFND's seniority wears down the youthful exuberance of NCTA. It will be close for a while and it will go 4 quarters but ND will win convincingly in the end.
Richardson Canyon Creek over Irving Universal by 15. It will be closer than expected unless RCC reverts to week 1-2 form. I think they'll win but not by a lot.
Longview Trinity over Athens Christian Prep by 45. Time for Trinity to show up and play well!
Rochelle over Fredericksburg Heritage by 45. I respect and admire Freddy for scheduling tough opponents and stepping up in class but dang!
San Marcos Hill Country over SA Lutheran by 45. SMHC marches on until district. Then it will get interesting!
Spring Providence Classical over Conroe Lifestyle by 45

And there you have it. Good luck and safe travels!

Dang, Dave such big words you are using these days. Exuberance....just rolls of the tongue you smooth talker you. Must be that East Texas education.

I agree with your picks except I think NCTA will win a close one against Notre Dame. I know the coaching staff at NCTA has been talking about getting over the hump against WFND. I think they pull it out.

If you do well this week then I see a future in sports broadcasting. You could put the mascot heads on while on College Game Day or get a seat in the big leagues on Sundays. WAY TO GO DAVEY BOY!

Prickly

Looks like we were both wrong. Notre Dame falls 96-40. Not even close! Granbury moves to the top of the heap in the north. Coach Rasco has his boys playing well as good coaches often do. Congrats to NCTA.

Actually, it was 96-50 with about a minute and a half left in the game. And, you are correct, Coach has the guys playing well. Big W for NCTA that's been a long time coming. Look out for #1 for ND, that kid is an athlete!

I'm interested in the Alvin vs. Round Rock and Conroe vs. Bellville games. I actually give Alvin a shot to pull it off, they are very young but they are improving. They put the pieces together in their last game and put 81 on the board. I suspect Conroe will 45 Bellville.

Pretty sure that RB for NCTA was recruited in there...Kinda strange how he just shows up his senior year at NCTA after they lose their all state RB to graduation.... Just Google the kids name and see what comes up, interesting to say the least....Just my opinion though, could be wrong, could be right but who knows....

Let me rephrase that, he showed up and signed up for school....maybe that sounds better pup, huh?...lol... but really, I have no idea...

So, NCTA finally beats WFND and we're going to start throwing around the "R" word? Give me a break. Where was this when NCTA beat Kopperl, Johnson County, Spring Branch AND lost to Evant? All the kids on NCTA played hard and were able to finally get over the curse of ND. Let's not take that away from all the kids on the field last night by throwing around these kinds of accusations.

Was the happy hill vs WFND game played on Thursday night? As for NCTA (They will always be happy hill to me) recruiting- every year there seems to be murmurs of it- I've heard the "r" word thrown around in regards to their football program, basketball program, and track program. It always seems to be brought back up. I'm pretty sure there is a topic very similar to this one back in the old files of the TAPPS D2 boards so I'll go back and check what was said regarding happy hill recruiting

Just got home from watching the Living Stones game and as I expected, they have started to hit their stride with these young guys. I think the final was 67-44 over Round Rock.

Lumberjose, I cant believe that you would accuse the pioneers of cheating!
I don't know if the kid was recruited, but who cares. Teams all over the country do it...public, private, homeschool. If an affiliate with the school walks up to a 10th grader who is a stud mathematician or a senior that hasn't lost an FFA event in two years and tells them they have a great academic and FFA program at their school, do you think anyone would care? NO!!!!
The kid is playing, so everything must be in order with paperwork and all that jazz.

Nevertheless, congrats to NCTA on a huge win for their program.

I agree with Davey Boy, (hold on..........I puked a little) NCTA is now the team to beat, but I think best in the state! They are firing on all cylinders and now going into what looks like a much weaker District 2 than originally thought! The boys from the Piney Woods must not be what they were hyped up to be, Athens must be tougher than expected, BVL must still be BVL, and Canyon Creek must be a dud.

As always....Prickly

Back