Week 6 games of interest

Are you in East, Central, West or the Panhandle of Texas? In central Texas, either the Santa Anna at May game or the Lometa at Rochelle game. Both should be entertaining to watch and probably neither will end in a 45 point game.

Highland and Blackwell might be a little closer. Should be a good game too. Bang for the buck or in this case bang for an hour + drive, I would say go for Santa Anna at May.

If Highland is at 100% and healthy this will be a real good game with Blackwell. May and Santa Anna will definitely be a great game to catch.

Shane":2vdx26vo said:
ACHS at Strawn looks to be a good game this week.
I agree, I would really like to watch this game. I'm really happy to see this game scheduled. Good luck to both Teams.

Texman301":1odrhpjv said:
I am hoping the Grady/Garden City game at Grady is closer than the 40 GC is picked by!

Idk if the margin of victory will be that high but I still think the Bearcats and Coach Odom pull off the win.

I also think Crowell pulls off the upset over Follett.

Blackwell v Highland - The Battle for Nolan County...a big rivalry game that has lost it's muster since the early 2000s...maybe this one will bring the spark back

Follett v Crowell - I like this game and would love it if Lex Bond was playing (not sure if he is still injured) but it is still going to be a good one! Follett favored by 2, I will go the other way and pick Crowell by 2

Whiteface v Ropes - I think Whiteface (5-1) has been flying under the radar, their one loss is to a high ranked DII Dawson and they almost won that game.

Newcastle v Loraine- Loraine folks...here it is...a test to see how good you are...spread is 17 points in favor of Newcastle

Waco Live v Waco Methodist - If this game wasn't on the same night as the Blackwell v Highland game I would go to this one!

ryry":3ih3ihw3 said:
Shane":3ih3ihw3 said:
ACHS at Strawn looks to be a good game this week.
I agree, I would really like to watch this game. I'm really happy to see this game scheduled. Good luck to both Teams.

I'm glad too. I wouldn't have minded having two weeks off in a row to go deer hunting, but that's a long time to go without a game.

Heard some Highland boys talking about this Friday's game with Blackwell. They are confident that they can maintain the beatings they've given BHS and said that Blackwell is 5-0 cause they haven't played anyone. I didn't agree or disagree, just had fun talking and listening; makes me miss high school.

Jim Nedder,

You post a lot about Blackwell based on looking at your prior posts. Our team has nothing but respect for the Blackwell team, their community and their school. Nice try speaking for Highland, trying to stir the pot. We're not talking, we're prepping for a top 5 team in the state.

Coach Shelton

Update to my list:::

Mullin v Ranger JV Saturday at Mullin

Now I am not sure if Ranger JV can keep up with them and it will likely be a one sided game...but...must say my interest was peaked when I got a call about this one!

Wow Coach, sensitive much? I was not saying anything bad about Highland. I was just talking to some of them. They spoke no disrespect towards any team. Just typical high school banter, laughing and saying they had friends at Blackwell. Please, calm down. Save your energy for Friday.

Blackwell is 5-0 cause they haven't played anyone

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I did make the trip up to Jayton for the Blackwell game early in the season and was treated to a great game. Blackwell ended up winning 34-15, but it was a 1 touchdown game late in the 4th. Make no mistake, Jayton can play.

Those boys in Blanket aren't scrubs either.

That game in Waco should be a real good one. Live Oak versus Methodist Home will be a battle Methodist is favored by 1 point! Last week live oak was a 3 point favorite and won by 20 something over Gordon. These 2 teams know each other though that always changed the game in my mind. Can't wait!

Back