Water Valley vs. Veribest

That's what I'm hearing as well. I heard something about kids getting in trouble for something.
I bet the real reason is they didn't want to get their rear ends handed to them but they should be used to that though.

Sad... Very sad! I hear there was a write up in the paper about the trouble the players are in. WV needed a game, even a half of a game. Hope they can find one asap!

Veribest did forfeit. Unfortunately, WV is not likely to get anybody to play, especially since most are in or starting district play.

Throck needs a game.... but I'd say let's save them for the 3rd round! Just sayin...

I think that is a very good idea to try Blackwell. That way they could risk the week before the district championship game against Robert Lee a key injury against Water Valley a D1 team that would mean nothing if they won or lost. Man I wish I was that smart.

hmm... i find it likely that paint creek will forfeit again this week, if they haven't already.... wouldn't it be interesting to see a Crowell/WV fill in game???? even if it were only a series or two for the 1st string.... I know the players would be good with it but would the coaches be willing to make it happen??? haha

Caprock kid":2t7gkbv8 said:
I still don't think Water Hole is as good as their ranking.

undefeated, 32-20 win over GF and the 60-54 thriller last week against a VERY talented follett team... what leads you to think the don't deserve to be exactly where they are? I'm not saying you're wrong but until someone proves you right i dont see how you couldnt see them as a real threat.

Just suggesting a team that has an open date...in fact has back to back open dates...and 3 open dates in 4 weeks. So the smart thing would probably to get a game or 2 to fill those spots. CDLfan...do the town of Blackwell a favor and stop posting.

Never said Blackwell would play them, just suggesting an open team that might be looking to fill a game and that it might be worth at least calling and asking, both of you two geniuses (jimnedder and cdlfan) need to learn some cognitive reasoning skills before you start posting again. And for what it's worth I'm from Blackwell and would love to see them play WV because I think they could win, or at least give them a good game, but yes it would probably be better for Blackwell to play an easy cup cake team.

My name is right there for yall to see...I don't hide behind a fake name.

sixman1992":3bqcjf5c said:
Leman Saunders":3bqcjf5c said:
try Blackwell...I think they are open.
Blackwell wouldn't want to play WV anyways. Too much to risk and you don't want to get 45d heading into the biggest game of the year

Yeah I agree to much risk of an injury and being too close to the district championship game next week. Also if Blackwell didn't choose to play WV (a DI team) then there would only be one team playing next week between Blackwell and RL that got 45'd by WV this year.

cw2006":2q3ustwq said:
Caprock kid":2q3ustwq said:
I still don't think Water Hole is as good as their ranking.

undefeated, 32-20 win over GF and the 60-54 thriller last week against a VERY talented follett team... what leads you to think the don't deserve to be exactly where they are? I'm not saying you're wrong but until someone proves you right i dont see how you couldnt see them as a real threat.

I understand you are a Crowell fan. But I really do feel as if Crowell would not lose to Follett a second time. And the win over Grandfalls isn't impressive to me. WV has not played the caliber of teams that Throck, Crowell, or even Valley have played they don't have my respect and they are ranked in an appropriate spot.

Ok caprock kid you are impressed with crowell who got beat by Follet who got beat by wv and your not impressed with wv? I'm not seeing the logic in that. An undefeated preseason record of 38 now ( I think) seriously give a good team credit where credit is due.

WV Nation":32ges7jp said:
Ok caprock kid you are impressed with crowell who got beat by Follet who got beat by wv and your not impressed with wv. An undefeated preseason record of 38 now ( I think) seriously give a good team credit where credit is due.

I will give them credit when they prove to me they are for real. When you play one team who beat a team who beat a team who was ranked doesn't mean anything you look at WV schedule and see if they play anyone to give them a challenge (besides Follett). Give Crowell and Throck and Ira credit for playing a challenging schedule. My hat is off to those guys who actually prove their rank.

WV has played and beaten the overall #3, #11, & #12 ranked teams. I don't know that Crowell, T-Rock, or Ira have played a tougher schedule but, if they have, cudos to them. In the end you have to beat the teams on your schedule and get to the playoffs... then everyone you play will be tough (if you're in Region II anyway). Heck, WV might not even get the chance to take on one of those three teams considering they will have to get past Garden City or Rankin in the first round.

Back